“Great choice when staying in El Paso” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6650 Gateway Blvd East, El Paso, TX 79915   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Brownsville, United States
“Great choice when staying in El Paso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great hotel - new and clean building/rooms. Staff is very friendly. Restaurant is really good, too. I often stay in and have dinner. Nice selection. Great location relative to airport, interstate. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and your comments as I am pleased the staff made you feel welcomed and it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to your next stay and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
us
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hotel staff and Mgmt. are professionals and run this place very effectively. Rooms give great first impression with smell and appearance when entering. Breakfast is to order and a nice touch with freshness and taste. Oh yes...and the but: I arrived when it was very cool outside and did not notice but, the next day is was very warm and smelled like they were pouring asphalt out side my room door! What the?$#! Well is was just the stinking smell of the refinery next door burning up my respiratory system. Yuck! Nice beds...but, the heavy bed framing juts out so far from the bed my poor knees took a beating. Pillows soft and luxurious...but with that monsterous bed frame my pillows ran away and fell between the matress and the frame. If you are the of thin stature be careful,..your pic may end up on a milk carton.

Room Tip: In the warmer months, choose a room on the east side so that your a/c won't suck in all that oil...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for you most recent comments on your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn airport. It was a pleasure to have you as part of the family, and although we cannot change our location it makes me very happy to know your stay was enjoyable and the staff made you feel so welcomed. On behave of the staff and myself, thank you for your visit and have a great day!
Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I as in town to visit family and didn't have a ride in the morning. I was provided with a quick lift to get some breakfast and to my cousin's office (just a few miles away), so that I could borrow his car. The driver (David) was GREAT! He even recommended a great new restaurant that my family and I loved. Upon departure the front desk offered to hold my bags until later in the afternoon. The evening bartender was prompt and friendly. Great, great service...bravo!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments and I am happy to hear on the great service you received during you stay and hope next time you are in town you are our guest. Thank you again and have a great day!
Fayetteville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great hotel and staff. Friendly and helpful. The location is easy to get to and interstate access easy nearby. Breakfast staff was very fast and friendly. Room was clean and quiet. Copy of bill was under door the morning of check out making the process fast as I have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inns across the country.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. The staff here at the hotel take pride in trying to achieve great customer services in all areas of the hotel and we are very pleased to hear you received it during your time with us. We hope you can be are guest soon as we always look forward to your return. Thank you again and have a great day!
Statesville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Terrible. The front desk clerk informed me upon arrival that there was no more non smoking rooms despite having a reservation 2 weeks in advance. Considering it was late I had no option but to take the room. Immediatly upon entering the room the smell was overwhelming. It was smoke that has been covered up by some strange chemical. Even the linens reaked. I did not sleep, and had a burning throat from something, either the smoke or the chemical. No help from the front desk clerk or manager. Customer service was not good. Room was not good. Hilton...not good?

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I want to thank you for your recent comments of your past stay with us. It is our goal to honor all reservations as best we can and sometimes there are factors beyond our control. As a nonsmoker myself I understand after a long day of travel what it must of been like to be told at the desk the room you had to receive was smoking and I myself may have not been able to sleep either. I hope you will give us another chance and although we did not WOW on your last visit I am sure we can make it up to you on next stay. Thank you again for your comments and on behave of the rest of the staff please accept our apologizes again and we hope you have safe travels!!!
GROVETOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I do not know where to begin talking about this OUTSTANDING hotel. EVERYTHING is GREAT!! Everyone on the staff is extremely friendly. I have stayed here numerous of times, and NOT ONCE encountered a person with a negative attitude. The breakfast is really good! I will not ever stay anywhere else when I come to El Paso!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words on your most recent stay with us and it was a pleasure having you as our guest once again. We look forward to you staying with us again and thank you for being so loyal to Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you again and have a great day!
Fort Lauderdale, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is the type of property that attracts guests only because of the brand. I chose this property because other family members had Hilton reward points and wanted to stay there. I was by myself and only required a clean room. I did not plan on spending much time in the hotel or use any of the amenities. I became dissatisfied when my room was not cleaned on the first day of my stay. I complained to the manager of this oversight. The next day at breakfast, my meal (pancakes) were undercooked and inedible. When I asked the server for assistance, I overheard her tell her co-worker that I thought I was a "princess" and "be careful with her". I can't believe an employee talking like this in front of guests still is employed at a Hilton. Anyway, the manager was approachable and tried to make my stay more comfortable. I'll give him credit for trying. However this property is operated and managed way below any Hilton standard and should be avoided. If the room rate was half of what I paid, then I would expect sub standard customer service. That being said, this property suffers from a lazy and unprofessional staff that tarnishes the Hilton brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Adrian P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We want to thank you for your comments on your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport and we want to extended an apologize for the lack of service in your room and in the food and beverage area which you of should received. I have addressed the matter with the Executive Chef on your experience and with the Executive Housekeeper. Although we strive for perfection we understand we will never be and somewhere during your stay we dropped the ball. It is your comments that help makes us a better hotel. Thank you again and have a great day!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!