“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Las Vegas
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my first experience staying at one of the newly renovated Courtyards and I was impressed. I am always leary about trying new hotels in El Paso but was pleasantly suprised by this one. The location is a little noisy if your room is near the highway but for being close to the airport that was never an issue. Really liked the in-room fridge and they have a bistro which was convenient since there really were not a lot of food choices nearby especially for breakfast. The food was a little unpredictable though.The breakfast sandwich I had one morning that had plenty of eggs on it had almost none the next day.
The thing that I really liked about this hotel the most though was the staff. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Usually you get one at every hotel that doesn't smile or is just going through the motions but not here. Everyone really seemed to like working there and helping the customers. They also seemed to take pride in their new hotel. The hotel was also very clean another big plus.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you ask for a room away from the highway. Also they told me they are normal...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott El Paso Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to give the best customer service and make you feel at home. I'm happy to hear we accomplished our goals to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to service you again in the near future.

Marianne Rosas

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chandler, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and rarely get disappointed. But, like any chain, some properties are better than others. I lucked into finding this hotel because the full service Marriott at the Airport didn't have any holiday specials - e.g. breakfast included in a reduced price room. This is one of the cleanest and nicest Marriott hotels I have stayed at. Service is first class. Rooms are spotless, and the entire property is clean. We had a room facing the freeway - but due to great sound dampening and acoustic control we couldn't hear any highway noise - very nice! We will definitely be back on our next visit to El Paso

Room Tip: Our room faced the freeway and we didn't hear any highway noise - excellent noise dampening
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Never had been to El Paso before so picking a courtyard was a no brainer. It was the right choice. Very friendly staff. Very accommodating. The location was great for zipping off to the airport. The Bistro was very convenient. Everything you would expect from a Courtyard. Very comfortable. Slept great even though next to highway. Very happy!

• Stayed October 2012
Alpine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at the El Paso Airport Marriott on a recent flight into ELP and we would stay there again. It is an older but very well maintained Marriott about 1 /2 mile from the airport. They do allow you to park there and take their shuttle to the airport which is convenient.
While it is an older place it has been renovated to bring it up to modern standards though the rooms are a bit smaller than today’s larger rooms. The rooms are nicely appointed, comfy king beds, in-room coffee but no microwave or fridge as they want you to eat in their restaurant. Plus, no complimentary breakfast. Good water pressure in the shower and very hot water. They do have in-lobby coffee but in small Styrofoam cups (they could do better with that). The room was nice and clean.
The lobby is spacious and attractive. Each of their staff members were polite and pleasant. We had a good quiet stay. It is a good value that close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was extremely accommodating. I really can't think of anything bad to say.

- the room was big
- staff are friendly and helpful. We didn't have a car, but they can take you anywhere within 3 mile radius for free.
- airport shuttle service was easy. It comes every 30 minutes.

I would recommend this hotel if you need a hotel near the airport

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last few months for a total of 9 nights. The front desk staff is top notch. They are friendly, helpful and go beyond the call of duty. When I lost my phone charger, they searched the hotel for another. One of the staff offered to let me use his until he went off duty. However, the hotel needs (and is scheduled for) renovations. My shower leaked terribly. I even called the manager up to show her the tub was 1/2 full from drips during the day. She was very appreciative that I'd called it to her attention. This hotel is very close to the airport, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the shady side. Your room will be much cooler in the evening.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Marianne R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott El Paso Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you Ricky for your kind words. I want to have you know that the day you checked out the faucet replacment came in. The bathtub was in working condition that same day. We are currently going through minor renovations to our rooms. We are having granite top installed in all the bathrooms. We are also installing new AC (PTAC) units in all our sleeping rooms. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to see you soon. :)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 nights. It was nice, clean and comfortable. When I first arrived the air conditioning in my room was not working property and it was very warm. I went to the front desk and asked for a new room which I was given immediately. One of the front desk clerks brought a cart to my room and I was completely moved in about 10 minutes. The new room was frosty which is what you want when the temperature is 105. The pool area is decent and my in-room wireless worked great. This is a nice hotel for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!