“Great Awakening” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Lewisville, Texas
“Great Awakening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

El Paso was just a resting stop between San Diego and Dallas, but it turned out to be the start of a great day. First, let me say this about the hotel, it had only one problem which was quickly solved. Our Garmin directed us to the hotel just fine, but along the Gateway Blvd which had no direct access. We had to enter from the backside road called International Drive. Other than that we loved our stay.

Check-in was quick and taken care of smoothly by the front desk clerks with a smile. We received 1st floor accommodations away from the freeway (as we had requested), and received free internet connection. The room was very clean, and the beds were so comfortable that I have no idea how long it took to fall asleep ( I was gone quick!). But the best was to come in the morning.

When we awoke, my family and I showered (hot water & pressure were good), and headed off to the free breakfast on the third floor. The breakfast was great! They had eggs, sausage, cereal, fresh made waffles, fruit, etc... This was much better than a traditional pastry breakfast that many hotels serve. After breakfast we loaded up, checked out (again a very smooth process), and headed out to see the Guadalupe Mountains.

If you find yourself in El Paso looking for a room, head here.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room away from the freeway. Remember to access the hotel from International D...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Please stop by again the next time you are in El Paso.

Operarions Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

For the price this hotel is the best bang for your buck. Hotel is quiet and clean. Good place to stay for business trips and also great place to stay for families.

Gilbert, the front desk clerk was very professional and gave excellent service. He was genuine, friendly, and informative when explaining the hotel amenities.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any traveler because of it's convenient location, great amenities (happy hour you can get free wings and beer!!!), and it's excellent service. As a traveling salesman it is always nice to feel welcomed at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so pleased that you had a great experience with us. Comments like yours is what we strive for. Please stop by again the next time you are in El Paso.
Abilene, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I selected the hotel based on the reviews. Everything positive I saw about service, appearance, location, etc. is true - it's a great hotel. But my main reason for coming to a hotel is to have a place to sleep, and my wife and I didn't get a lot of it. After some consideration, we suppose it was the location of the room and/or an issue with the installation of the window. If so, avoid room 319 and you should not have this experience. Highway noise was very loud, even when I used earplugs. There was also a strange sound like a wind-storm which was so loud and frequent my wife got our of bed in the middle of the night to see if the window was slightly opened (it was not, they can't be opened). I was prepared to share the experience with the manager upon checkout, but he was quite busy, printed my receipt, and did not ask, "how was your stay." So - we will be back in El Paso in two days, but will be trying a different hotel this time, just in case it was not the room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 319 I suppose. Perhaps 219 and 119 as well if it's the corner location causing the o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to do a review about the Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. Getting a great night sleep is very important. We will make sure and check the windows in this room to see what the problem is to make sure another guest will not have this same experience. We hope that you will give us another chance when you are in El Paso. Please ask for Martha Harris as I am the manager and I will make it right for you.
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel during January, the service was great. When we went to our breakfast, it was amazing to see this lady explain to me and my little one all the food, the breakfast was great and she was very kind, she really lover her job. Also, Linda the Manager was very nice. The place is clean, the price is good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review through Tripavisor for the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso, TX. We really appreciate reviews like yours. We are so glad you had a great stay with us. I will certainly let our breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed your breakfast. If you are in the Sun City again, please stop by and stay with us again.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Gilbert, the front desk clerk, was not only very friendly but also very informative. The best surprise was to be told about the free shuttle service to any restaurant in the area! This was so welcome after driving for eight hours and not wanting to fight traffic or look for a restaurant. This service at a motel is the first we have ever encountered and think it is definitely a wonderful addition for customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review for the Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations. Yes, we are happy to take our guests to area restaurants after they have been driving all day. Our main goal is to make you feel at home.
I am so happy to hear that Gilbert met your expectations on customer service. He is a super associate.
Hopefully, we will see you again on your next visit to El Paso.
LInda Snow
Prescott, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The first room was not cool enough and they quickly moved us to a room that the AC worked better. It was noting special but it was clean and the price was right and the breakfast was very good. My sister and I were traveling from Texas to Arizona and we were tired from a long day and wanted to rest. Do not try the Mexican food next door, it was poor for El Paso, the home of good Mexican food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso. We sincerly appreciate it. We are so glad your stay was comfortable and that you liked our breakfast.
If you are traveling this way again, please stop by and stay with us again. We would be more than happy to take you to some of the finer Mexican restaurants in El Paso.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

With all the hotels in El Paso, it would be easy to miss this one if you haven't stayed here before. Clean,quiet, and comfortable. But more than that , a staff that really shines. Deskman Gilbert was quick,inforrmative and willing to do everthing to make my stay an extraordinary expierence. The free breakfast was served in an area that was spotless. Don't miss this gem when you're town

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review you wrote for the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso, TX. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that for us.
We love it when we receive reviews such as yours. It means we are on the right track to help our guests feel welcome and at home when they stay with us.
So glad you enjoyed your stay . Please come back and see us again real soon.
Operations Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport? Share your experiences!