“#1 when I was there - still is in my mind” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“#1 when I was there - still is in my mind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

A long hard drive from San Carlos Mexico to El Paso Texas through some of the prettiest and most unique landscapes I have seen yet. It was late and I was exhausted by the time we arrived. Once again I relied on my fellow Tripadvisor travellers to find me a great place to stay - once again they choose well for me. The # 1 rated Inn in El Paso - The Comfort Inn - is ridiculously easy to find, just keep driving on I10 and there it is - you can`t miss it. A quick right turn and then a left and you are there, sitting well below the freeway so as to be in a very quiet spot. As with all great Inn`s I was greeted by a nice young man, named Mike, who picked me a great room, gave me my cookies and sent me on my way in a very quick fashion. Past the line of computers, the the Big Screen TV in the common area, I headed up to my room and was extremely impressed by my suite. The whole Inn was spotless but the room was beyond reproach - had that smell of clean that doesn`t come from a can. Very well appointed with all the amenities I had come to expect. Iron and board, coffee maker, hairdryer, small fridge and microwave individually controlled heat. Killer flatsceen TV with an awesome cable package. The bed was to die for, especially after my long drive - felt brand new and the 5 down pillows didn't hurt either. Excellent work station with a broadband plug with great wifi as well, more than enough plugs everywhere for all your electronic toys. Very nice, new bathroom with lots of pressure -princess pressure to be sure. Checked out the weight room and it had a good selection of machines and free weights, open 24 hrs. There is a pool and jacuzzi at the Holiday Inn next door that can be used by Comfort Inn guests - but it closed at 10 pm so I wasn't able to check it out. I had a great parking spot for my little truck and bike and then learned security comes in at 9 pm, nice touch. Great free breakfast in the morning with plenty of everything. Throw in the laundry room for guests and this Inn was a perfect stop for long distance travellers. All at a very reasonable price, fully deserving of it's # 1 status. And of course the whole building was non-smoking. Finding great places to stay overnite by listening to my fellow travellers has just become so easy - it's almost getting ...boring. Ohoh ..probably shouldn't have said that ...might jinx myself.

As usual I shot video of this Inn @

Location@ www.yolotraveller.com

Room Tip: Ask the desk - facing the north parking lot was very quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that awesome review of the Comfort Inn & Suites. Reviews like that are what keep us #1.
We are so glad you found our hotel a home away from home and that your expectations were met.
We do have a great friendly staff and a very cozy lobby. And we take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms.
All of our guests are welcome to use all the amenities at the Holiday Inn right next door. A lot of our guests find it exciting that they get two hotels for the price of one.
Again, thank you so much for your review of our hotel and hopefully, if you are in this area again, you will stop by and stay with us. I would really love to meet you next time.
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I taught classes in El Paso for 2 months and would fly into El Paso weekly. My stay while in El Paso was excellent! Front desk and management were superb! They gave me a great introduction to El Paso by recommending authentic places to eat and visit. The hotel rooms were very clean, the king size beds were great. The entire staff exceeded all expectations of customer service and hospitality. The breakfast room was awesome! I would recommend anyone coming to El Paso to stay. For future business trips I will be returning to this hotel.

I had an excellent and gratifying experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about the Comfort Inn and Suites.
We are so happy to know that you found our hotel a home away from home while in El Paso and that we exceeded your expectations.
Yes, our beds are very big and comfortable and our breakfast is plentiful.
We surely hope that when you find yourself in El Paso again, you will think of us.
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had an appointment in Juarez for some dental work and drove down to El Paso from Durango CO. I wanted a centrally located hotel that offered the suite amenities. The lobby was nice with the computer, tv and "fireplace" set up. The room was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was great. Just what we needed at a really good price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Next time you return to El Paso, hopefully we will be your hotel of choice.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were stuck in El Paso a couple of weeks ago when the snow storm hit and this was the only hotel that would give us a great price. The rooms were renovated, basically new. We slept in great comfort and in the morning the breakfast was great quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review of the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso, TX.
I am so glad you enjoyed the warmth and comfort of our hotel during our snowstorm. Hopefully, you will think of us the next time you are traveling through El Paso.
LInda Snow
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great stay. Clean, great king bed, great breakfast room and selections on Sat, front desk super helpful, recommended great authentic mexican restaurant. We'll return. Hotel fairly new about year and a half.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso, TX.
We are so happy that your experience at our hotel met your expectations and hopefully on your next trip to El Paso you will stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

When I coin out that my colleagues a s I were staying at the Comfort Inn, I was disappointed. I was expecting ran down rooms with 60's decor. Maybe bedbugs and not a friendly staff in the middle is nowhere. Well, I was completely wrong.

The rooms were renovated. Not brand new but at least they had a modern concept. Very large flat tv. Nice size king bed. Work space/ desk area. The bathroom was ample and clean. I didn't care for the plastic shower , but the shiwer head at least had changeable settings.

They offered complimentary pizza and beer in the afternoon. As well as complimentary breakfast in a nice area. The pre made egg and cheese was nice to have as well as the other continental times in the breakfast. It was a lot but it was enough for a quick bite before heading out.

The shuttle driver and young front desk agent provided a lot of information regarding the area. The shuttle can take you anywhere within the 3 miles. The location is the downsize of the hotel. It is not rally walkable anywhere like shops, restaurants or any other sightseeing. There isn't a lot to do in El Paso anyway.

The fitness center is small but has the essentials. the coin-laundry is a plus.

Thanks for proving me wrong Confort Inn. Your association with holiday inn is a good deal.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of the Comfort Inn & Suites in El Paso, TX.
I am so glad that your were pleasantly surprised and not disappointed with our hotel.
We strive to keep our guests happy when they are staying with us. Hopefully the next time you come to El Paso, we will be the hotel of your choice.
Saint Elmo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a great hotel whether you are on a family vacation or in El Paso on business. The rooms are nice, clean, and QUIET. The breakfast was very good and the pizza in the evening was a nice suprise. So were the hot choc. chip cookies! Free shuttle to and from the airport worked out great as well. The staff was what put this place on the top shelf though. Smiling faces, always asking if they can help you in some way, like they actually cared about you and wanted your stay to be the absolute best. Very refreshing! I was there for 3 nights and if I ever need to go back to El Paso I'll always stay at the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Linda S, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review for us. We really appreciate it. We are so happy to know that you had a very good stay with us. We strive to make our guests feel at home when they are here with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We will be looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to El Paso. Thanks again.
Operations Manager

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport? Share your experiences!