“Almost Perfect (But Not Quite)” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vermont
“Almost Perfect (But Not Quite)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

First, the good news. This Comfort Inn definitely is geared toward the business traveler, which is an added plus for the vacationer who still requires a reliable Internet connection and other amenities. We arrived after an all-day drive from Carlsbad Caverns and the Guadalupe Mountains National Park (two major highlights of our trip) at 5:15PM and were delighted to find out there would be *free* Papa John's pizza in the third floor breakfast room at 5:30PM. We finished unpacking the car and arrived in the correct location at 5:40PM and the pizza was brought up five minutes later, so we were able to take advantage of this meal (choice of sausage or pepperoni) while it was hot. Free Coca-Cola was also provided and the juice machine was working, providing additional choices of Cranberry, Orange and Apple juice. The result was a savings of $30 on dinner. Nice. Then, it was discovered that chocolate chip cookies were available at the front desk. That took care of dessert. Nice again. The room had a quiet GE air conditioner, a 32-inch flat-panel television monitor and firm queen beds with the Comfort Inn's signature almost-square pillows. These beds were less plush than those at the Comfort Inn in Santa Rosa NM, while the pillows seemed a bit less resilient. But the room was very clean and the second floor was quiet. The glitch appeared at 6:00 on Tuesday morning, when the complimentary hot breakfast was 17 minutes late. This was due to several factors. The first was that the new server (with only two days on the job) had not realized the stove-top burners were weak and incapable of cooking scrambled eggs in a reasonable amount of time. The second was that management apparently had not scheduled her to start early enough to have everything laid out by 6AM in a large breakfast room which is set up to hold 44 guests and one server at the same time. Because this is an airport location, where flights are taking off at least from 8:23AM forward (with a 90-minute minimum airline check-in requirement in some cases) you can readily do the calculation and see that 6AM is the bare minimum for a breakfast start time. I almost literally inhaled that scrambled egg and toast in less than five minutes and we made it to the baggage check-in with just a few minutes to spare for an 8:23AM departure. Huge credit goes to the rental car company which had an agent in the parking lot to process our return and the fact that the El Paso airport is in the same place (no shuttle required). So, the bottom line is that if you have an early flight, let the front desk know upon arrival and see what they say. Otherwise, don't count on a hot breakfast if you are in a similar situation to the one we experienced.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Middletown, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The prior reviews are all correct, this place is new, clean, attractive, with a great staff. I was out too early to try the breakfast, which as noted is on the third floor rather than the normal crowded lobby. HD TV's, RFID key locks on the door, this is definitely a current property not that far from the airport.

The only problem is that it is a bit tough to find, up on the hill from an access road that runs along with I-10, just try to prepare ahead of time. I'll be staying there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ODESSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel met all our needs in a quick stay going west. It was right on the freeway. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were new and clean. And we got in and out with no hassle.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We are seasoned tavelles and fussy about accomodations. This was a stop over while driving to Tucson. We were very pleased. It is a new popety and the staff could not have been more friendly or accomodating. The room was immaculate and comfotable. Although it is off a major highway we heard no traffic noise. The fitness room was also in good shape and clean. We liked the open, spacious staircase to the rooms if you did not want to take the elevator. Healthy breakfast choices were available in a nicely decorated "non-typical hotel" breaffast area. The pool/hot tub were off site but a short walk across a courtyard to a Hitlton hotel. We did not use the facilities. We always pass though El Paso each Feb. on route to Tucson, so we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have been traveling to El Paso for a while. I have stayed in many hotels in the city including other Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites. I found this place just by coincidence, I arrived at the Holiday Inn next door and they were out of rooms and they referred me to this hotel. When I arrived I was pleasently surprised by the warm welcoming from the front desk staff. They had freshly baked cookies and they were full of energy. I was informed when I checked in that the breakfast was served on the third floor and that seemed a little odd since all the hotels I normally stay they have the breakfast in the lobby. My room was beautiful and crisp. The best part was the cleanliness of the rooms the beautiful furnishings. Breakfast was breathtaking, there is a beautiful room with very contemporary furniture and design. The room has a view all around and made it feel very open and welcoming. My stayed only lasted two nights and both nights I was welcomed with cookies and a warm smile. On my last day I was told that the hotel only was 5 months. My experience at the Comfort Inn and Suites in El Paso has been one of the most memorables. I am traveling back to El Paso in April and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was upgraded free of charge to a suite since I am a Diamond Member
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

As many of you know, the majority of hotel chains in the $90 to $125 rate per night are pretty much equal but every once in a while you run across one of the chain hotel branches that stands out. Such is the case with the Comfort Inn I-10 Airport in El Paso Texas. There is only one critique and that is that it is a little hard to find. My GPS did not have the address and it was an effort to finally get there. The good news is that the hotel staff was first rate. Both Isaac and Jennifer helped this weary traveller with great service and recommendations on a good local eatery. The layout of the hotel is different than any Comfort Inn I have been in. By the way, the hotel overlooks El Paso and the view is cool at night. It is a more modern décor and there is a really cool TV watching area right next to the lobby. The rooms are fine and well-appointed and the eating area is actually on the third floor. The food was standard fare but the environment upstairs was the most convenient and comfortable of any Comfort Inn that I have stayed at. I give kudos to the management and especially Isaac and Jennifer. Just remember to tell them that Tripadvisor sent you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We have stayed here twice in the last month, as it is a good location coming and going from the El Paso Airport. This hotel is very new (about 2 months old) Clean, friendly staff with roomy Suites, I think the down side is the breakfast room. The room itself is very attracive, but very unorganized. Not as plentlful as most, Not yet up to Choice Hotel standards.
The other problem is the bed pilliows. The worst we have had in a hotel of this standard. They are like a big air bag, and when you lay on a stack of 5 and they go flat, On both trips we struggled with them all night,
For a new hotel, they have several bugs to work out. We will give it one more try and bring our own pillows. Hopfully they will replace them.

Room Tip: The 3rd Floor is where the Breakfast Room and Suites are located. Nice, quite and close to breakfast
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites I-10 Airport? Share your experiences!