“good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
San Diego, California
“good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is my second stay here in 2 months. Only a day this time. But for $80, you really can't complain. Right outside the airport, too.

I wouldn't really all my room a suite. Two queen beds, flat screen TV with many channels and HBO, but not HD (I think there were HD channels, but there was no channel guide in the room and the TV was preprogrammed for only non HD). Fridge and microwave. Pool, hot tub. Plenty of parking, and doors. More than one elevator. Breakfast much like military mess. As good as any Holiday Express. This is very near the Army base and many military stay here. Internet was iffy the first time, but OK on this second trip. Next to Applebees and a steak house, and within a walk to fast food, and liquor. 1/2 mile from Edgemere drive (sidewalk) where there is a 1 1/2 mile long running-walking path/park. I did my 4 mile run to the end of that park, and back. Location, near the airport is better than the Holiday Inns down on the interstate. If I came back to El Paso, I'd stay here. And I will be checking out other Hawthorn Suites.

Lastly, I know I am a Wyndham rewards member, but they still didn't have to only charge me for one day when I checked out at 3PM, but they did. That was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. The Hawthorn is in a great location and offers great value! I thank you for your recap of your stay and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
FARMVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Employee's were very helpful. Will be booking our 2014 reunion there. Great Value.
Cassie, the front desk employee directed me to the local post office. I started out walking
she had gotten off work saw me pulled over and gave me a ride there and back to the hotel.
I think you have a wonderful considerate employee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your compliments on our staff. Cassie is a valued member of our team. I will certainly pass along your comments. We enjoyed having the 1st. Armored Division at the Hawthorn and look forward to serving you again. You are a "treasured" group of people.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

stay in elpaso hotel was very good... the room was good very clean bathroom 116 was a little bit slow running

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that you felt our Associate at the Front Desk was not polite or courteous to you. We are here to serve the public and our Guests are very important to us. I would like another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at this property 5 or 6 times in the last year, business travel. First couple trips get a so so rating. However, the last three have been great. Staff improvements have made the difference, especially on the last trip. Specifically Amanda at check in and "Little Rosie" in housekeeping. Both went over and above to see that I had a great stay. Also, the gentleman that does their social hour, can't remember his name, but a very accomodating member of staff. Hats off to those three.
Yes, the rooms are a little worn and dated, but a good rate, great people more than compensate.
It is a little hard getting around, poor signage and old elevators, but they do a good job with staff and cleanliness.

Room Tip: "Room service" per se, does not exist but several local name brand restaurants (Cattle Bar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much! It is always great to hear good things about our staff. I will pass this along to those mentioned.
In this day and age, with so many devises used by people to" not "personalize service, when a compliment comes in from one of our guests, such as yours, it is simply REFRESHING!
We look forward to your return.
Lansing, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a great time staying here for a week visiting family. Rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast was great as well. They were very accomidating by helping us get 2 rooms near each other since we had a larger group. My only concerns was our window did not lock and we were on the main floor, and our rooms were quite small aand a little cramped for 3 people. Overall it was a good and suprising experience considering the ranking on trip advisor. They should be in the top 20. =-))

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 people in a room, you might want to inquire about a larger room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments. Social Media, what can I say?
We do hope you will once again return to El Paso for another visit.
Simply, thank you!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything about this hotel was great. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating, located near the airport and very close to the main highway. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I know that if I go back to El Paso, I will be staying at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
How did I pass up such a great review? Afterall, you took the time to write it, I needed to respond timely. I am very sorry for not doing so. We appreciate your comments and your business and look forward to your return. Let me know if I can book your next reservation, would be happy to do so.
Thank you again.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Quick and simple check in, great rates for a great, clean room

Amanda at the front desk is amazing! She is friendly, fast and really really nice. She brings a smile to my face and is the reason I return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review. Our goal is to have everyone resond as you have.
We look forward to your return.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso? Share your experiences!