“Bed bugs stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #34 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
“Bed bugs stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Stay away from this hotel it is infested with bed bugs... Didn't realize the hotel was that bad till I noticed the hot water wasent working that's when my friend n I took the pillows n blankets off... Never in my life have I seen something as vile and disgusting as that matress... Tiny red criters coming out of the folds with every touch to the matress we packed up and ran out.

• Stayed April 2012
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
In response to your comments, I can only say that I personally know the Hawthorn does not have bed bugs. Our mattresses are rotated properly, cleaned and cared for; the hotel staff is properly trained in the cleaning of every room; have been trained to identify such problems and currently the hotel is installing new furniture in all rooms and in doing so a deep clean is completed in each room prior to installation of new case goods. Please accept my sincere apologies for any discomfort you may have encountered as our goal is to provide a safe, clean place for all of our customers to enjoy. I would like the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chihuahua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in April 2012. Got a nice room which was clean and comfortable. They serve excellent hot breakfast which is worth a lot. Check in took very long, because the hotel didn't have enough people at the front desk. I pity the lady who did what a few people should have done together.

Room Tip: In my opinion the rooms with one king bed on the third floor are best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thanks so much, we look forward to your return.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Using the bathroom faucet a bunch "gunk" came out from behind the faucet. The fridge, microwave and desk light didn't work. Clerk said "Oh? Sorry." To use the micro we had to move it to the Night Stand and unplug the clock. Carpets filthy. Thank goodness I bring flip flops to wear in hotels. They also need more help on a Saturday evening.
People across the hall, awake at 4:30 in the morning, loud, door propped open with noise and smoke going into the hall.

Room Tip: Don't stay here....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Your comments are well received. I have addressed your concerns to their proper department managers for correction and will personally inspect project completion.
We want all of our customers to have a great experience when they stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments and we will strive to improve. We hope you will visit us again.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed with the good folks at Hawthorn on April 24-27, 2012. I regreted my reservation as soon as I smelled the lobby. My room was consistently 90 degrees despite the a/c's best efforts, and the room was dirty with holes in the walls and discoloration everywhere. The staff was friendly but had clearly given up on the place, and I think that is a reflection of the corporation more than the staff and manager. El Paso was booked solid or I would have stayed ANYWHERE else. I really tried. The breakfast was also unsafe because meets and eggs were kept at luke warm temperatures and the sausage was slimy. Please do not stay at this hotel if you are visitng El Paso. The Marriott across the street is much nicer (wish I would have booked there).

That said, El Paso itself is a beautiful little city with lots of great options for accomodations, food, and flights. Just don't stay at the Hawthorne.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We never give up and want to invite you back as our guest to see the improvements being made currently by the corporation. New in-room furniture, new corridor carpeting, new wall vinyl, lobby and breakfast area structural improvements underway now with plans for complete renovation.
Our breakfast must pass Health regulations daily and I am very sorry that it was not up to your satisfaction, we will strive harder to make a better presentation.
Again, your comments can only help us to improve.
Thank you.
Albuquerque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel was described as a pet friendly hotel in their description. I was caught off guard with a hefty non-refundable pet fee as I walked in the door. The reservation form did not indicate a fee nor when clicking on the pet symbol on the reservation screen. Had I known of this fee, we would not have stayed at this hotel. There are other hotels that do not assess this type of fee. We travel with a pet dog, less than 9 lbs in a pet carrier. Will not stay at this facility again. In addition, the room was very small, and nothing special. Lots of large noisy birds in the trees outside our window. They also advertised "recently remodeled". Not sure what part of the hotel this was, but our room had peeling wall paper in the bathroom and a bathroom fan that sounded like a helicopter would be landing at any moment. I have found a better value at other Wyndham hotels. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I do apologize if you had no knowledge of our Pet Policy. All information about our property should be transparent to all booking channels.
Maintenance issues have been addressed and again, I am very sorry this was disturbing.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Never ever again. At checkin, front desk completely ignored me, no smile, very unwelcoming. I got to my room and man o man was it tiny. First thing I notice is thru the window the view of trash, trash and more trash. I then try to do some work but could not connect to the WiFi network. After 15 minutes of attempts, I call the front desk and the response I got was "Its because everyone is using the Wifi right now" Really? Are you kidding me? I decide to tether to my phone for the internet access. I leave the room to go eat and take my iPad to front desk....they tell me to call an 800 number so they can help me with the wifi issue. I call and told that I will get a call back...guess what ..no call back. I go eat, come back and the Wifi is working....but very very slow as if on dial up, so basically it can not be used. I deal with it and again tether to my phone. Go to sleep, wake up to take a shower and not surprising, there is no hot water in the shower......Never ever again!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
My sincere apologies to you. For all that you encountered, I would have liked to have had the opportunity to meet with you in person and to try and resolve your conncerns. This is not the manner in which we operate our hotel.
Should you reconsider and give me another opportunity to better serve you, it would be my pleasure.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Front desk staff was friendly. I was told, after my late-night arrival, that the shuttle to the airport was reserved for military personnel from 6:00 to 7:00 A.M. and that I should arrive at 6:45 A.M. to get the 7:00 non-miltary personnel shuttle. Room was fine; typical mid-grade airport hotel. Air conditioning was slow to cool the room. So, I arrived in lobby after the free breakfast (OK, but sausage patties were cold). The shuttle was there, but I waited until seven to see if they would announce the departure. Eventually, I just asked and was told, "Whenever you want to go, sir, just let us know." I said, "now, please," and waited another ten minutes. The general El Paso "we'll get to it when we get to it" attitude wasn't helping me at this point. Got in the shuttle and arrived at the my flight just in time. So, I'd sum up my experience thus: "Just OK."

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GMHawthornSuites, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments. The hotel does provide a complimentary shuttle to our guests on demand and our in-house military guests of which we shuttle to and from Ft. Bliss at the specific 6 a.m. time frame usually is never a problem. We do not announce departure times for shuttle unless the demand is heavy for airport departures. I apologize about the wait time as I know how important airline flights are to all of us. The hotel has recently completed all new corridor carpeting and wall vinyl of which give the entire hotel a fresh new look.
We would like to think that we are a grade above "Just OK" but can certainly understand your comments and hope that you will once again visit us upon your return to El Paso.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham - El Paso? Share your experiences!