“Dont waste your money” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
user13g
“Dont waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

the hole time i was there they spoke in spanish. Luckly i know spainsh (didnt tell them).They were talking crap about me and other guest.It was horrible. I got there and the lady ,Tina, from the front desk acted really nice and kind untill i paid. After that it all changed. I got to my room i open the door. As soon as i open. The refrigator was to close to the door and it started sparking. Room 215. Then they gave me 217 and the electronic lock didn't work. I went and asked and she sent some one to double check. like i dont know how to use a lock! tnen she called her manager after i demanded a refund and said, "He wants a refund becuase Supposively there first room sparked, And now the other room i gave them, Supposivly doesnt open." They sent there own employe to confirm and still didn't believe me. After about an hour they finally gsve me my money. Travellounge across the street was great!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2009

The guy on the front desk was so rude-as he checked us in he carried on his phone conversation which was obviously a personal one and "flung the keys at us! Otherwise the hotel was ok-not brillian but it was clean and alright for 1 night!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I flew in from Wisconsin to visit my husband who was stationed at Fort Bliss prepareing for his deployment. We found the room to be nice. We wernt expecting much because it was a cheaper motel but we still got a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The rooms were neat and clean and the staff was very helpful. If your looking for a decent room and a comfortable bed then this is the place. We had some friends staying at a more expensive hotel across town and they didnt get any of the things we did. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Saw the coupon in one of the throw-away highway coupons books from the welcome centers. Good price and the only one located on the west side of town (to miss the rush hour in the morning). Clean small room with good bed. Small refrig and anemic microwave. Good cable TV. Tub was draining real slow, had to allow 30 minutes between showers to drain. Told the desk. Next to McDonalds, Taco Cabana, and Sam's Club. Free breakfast of cornflakes, juice, cofee, toast, bagels, and pastry. Ice machine was working, but run empty in the mid morning from guests filling ice chests.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Had problems with WiFi
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san juan island, wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

When we arrived, we were amazed at how dumpy the place looked. That is probably why there was only one car in the parking lot. We did not see any similarity to the picture with the beautiful sparkly pool at all. It looked like the kind of place where the lowlifes go (by the hour maybe?) I was shocked that this place is even featured on the travel websites. I wouldn't feel safe leaving my car in the parking lot overnight. The office seemed nice once you got inside and the lovely front desk host, Christine, was very very helpful and nice. She should upgrade to a much nicer hotel or at least get a big raise. The hotel did not have our reservation although our bank account was debited an odd amount three days after we made it a month ago. The hotel (including the corporate office) denied charging us anything and said they only charge when you actually stay there. When we get home we will ask the bank why our account was debited and the payment shows "America's Best Value Inn, El Paso", when the establishment denies receiving payment. All and all, a huge mess! Beware of this chain. I will not ever stay at any of their hotels. We actually went somewhere else after the confusion in the lobby, so I can't comment on the rooms. I was glad not to stay there with my kids.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

As visitors from Sydney, Australia we found the rooms very very basic compared to Australian standards. What was strange to us was the missing amenities such as toaster, coffee making and other "BASIC" facilities in the rooms.

Staff was friendly and very helpful when there was plumbing problem in the room, and shifted us post haste to another room.

On the other hand staff knew nothing of the surrounding area, sending us 1 mile down the road to the "CLOSEST" post office when there was one in the complex next door.

As previously mentioned in another review, the pool was welcome also in the high temps, except for the family members of staff and their friends occupying the pool in large numbers, making it a rather unpleasant experience.

Given the above, the rates charged for a long term stay ( over two weeks ) helped to make the stay bearable.

If you want basic, cheap and clean accommodation then by all means this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2002
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

We are young newlyweds and my husband is a Marine based at Fort Bliss. As he had some leave time I flew down to join him for a few days. We don't have a lot of money to spend on expensive hotels so when we found the Best Value Inn Extended Stay online, decided to take a chance. The check in and check out was fast and efficient, totally problem free. Our room was very, very basic but clean. The housekeeping staff very friendly, fast, and hospitable. We stayed 5 days and found restaurants and hotels closeby and convenient. Although it was 107 degrees outside, our air conditioning was up to the job and we stayed cool. If we had any criticism at all it was that the pool was sparkling clean the first 2 days we were there but too murky to use the last 3 days. Anyone just looking for a good price for a clean, friendly,basic motel should be happy with their stay here.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Motel 6 El Paso West? Share your experiences!