“Pretty standard hotel experience” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7944 Gateway East, El Paso, TX 79915   |
Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“Pretty standard hotel experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and it was great. The internet was not up to par, but at least it was free. Room was nice and clean, not a lot of noise throughout the hotel. I would stay here again. Good room for the price. Stayed in a King room and it had a microwave and fridge in there. TV was nice and new too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The room had a microwave and fridge. Morning breakfast was quite adequate.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from freeway noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed for four nights and thought I'd be okay. The wi-fi was always dropping out even though the router was in the room with me, problem was router to internet, so I don't know where problem was. Think construction not best for this place, the room above me the quietest I ever heard. However was up early in morning I heard every morning walking back and forth in the room. The water lines for sink were crossed so you had to be careful not to scald yourself trying to get cold water. Other than that, it was ok.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a great property. New, clean, have a great continental breakfast. Loved the Texas-shaped waffles. Staying here on business. On my feet all day, come back to my hotel, and get to run an obstacle course of maid's carts, and bell carts in the hallway. Tried to catch up on some work, and upload, and download some files. So slow, I don't know if I will ever get it done. If you call 30Kbps High-speed Internet, you'll be fine. Be sure to bring your dial up modem, It would probably be faster.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Having never stayed at a La Quinta, I was a little apprehensive. I don't know why. This hotel is either relatively new or remodeled. The woman at the front desk was extremely professional and friendly. The room, while not luxurious, was more than adequate for my needs. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The complimentary breakfast was pretty meager but at least the offered something. This is a very good hotel to stay at if you are in town on business for a few days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I was looking for the regular La Quinta styled building, but this one did not have that "standard" La Quinta look, sort of looked more like an office building. Once inside, the lobby was not as grand as most La Uinta Inn & Suites, but it was quaint. The room was nice, they didn't put me in the room type I had requested, but the room was nice and in the overall comfortable. You could hear people in rooms on both sides of me and people talking in the halls, but that is to be expected in hotels now days. The bed was comfortable, for some reason I still had not the best night of sleep. I kept waking with the though or feeling something was crawling on me or biting me. Not sure if it was just me or there was something actually thier... but that was my biggest concern while there. The breakfast was limited, not upto to other La Quinta Inns, but it was workable as I had to get on the road so they had the quick grab stuff that allowed me to get and go, If you are traveling through El Paso, it is okay - I am sure other hotels in the are better, and I will probably utilize one of them on my return trip

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I went to El Paso for one day with my colleagues, the hotel definitely is not a bad hotel but in our stayed I found the carpet to be some what not clean and with stains in my room, the room was clean in a decent way but I found some hair in the tiles in the bath (this is just an observation but please keep in my that I'm a very very clean person) my room was located in the first floor and even that for me the sound was ok maybe for a person that is sensitive sleeper the sound would have been a little problematic ( I need to add that one of my colleague told me that at 6:00am she heard some one blowing a vaccum outside, not such a good idea for the first room guest ha). the breakfast is not bad but, it do not have any hot item, but for the price there is nothing to complain. The only really bad part was that the phone lines went down due to a problem with a board (I mean this was just bad luck, it happen one every so often and unfortunately we were there) the problem surface when one of my colleagues needed to do a conference call for 2 hours and because of the problem she ended up doing in it in her cell phone instead of using the toll free phone that they provided.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso East? Share your experiences!