“You get what you pay for!” 3 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso West Bartlett to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites El Paso West Bartlett
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7620 North Mesa, El Paso, TX 79912   |
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
“You get what you pay for!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I decided to take advantage of a very reasonable rate for this hotel. Checking in was easy enough. The staff was pleasant and polite. That was the highlight of the stay.

Overall, this hotel needs a tremendous amount of cleaning - tile floors filthy, hall carpets need vacuumed, walls dirty. Very unpleasant.

The rooms were clean enough but the water temperature was impossible to regulate on both the shower and sink. Finally, the wifi was worthless. Not a good experience!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect location. Texas Roadhouse steakhouse and Krispy Kreme donuts (along with several other restaurants) right outside the fence. A gas station is outside the fence too. Walmart right across the street. Wet-N-Wild 11 miles away, Sunland Park and shopping 1 mile away. Besides location, the rooms were clean, the shower hot, the pool was excellent. We requested 1st floor near the pool and we were 3 doors down :) This is the first time my wife & I ever slept through the night in a motel bed! The pillowtop beds were very comfortable! The fridge and microwave in the room worked well for our daughters. Wifi worked excellently and was easy to connect to. The staff was friendly an helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel, you definitely know up front what you are getting. No "hidden" fees and a friendly, safe atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had several options as where to stay in El Paso . I am glad I picked this LaQuinta. It has a great location. Convenient to the hi way and a main street. It is also convenient to many good restaurants of different priced ranges. Room were clean and quiet. I stayed in a handicap accessable ns ds- great room. I was there 3 nights and interacted with the manager and several desk clerks. All were friendly helpful and knowledgeable. Stearling a young man on the morning shift was especially helpful with directions and recommendations.. He added to the pleasantness of the stay. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

For 55 dollars this hotel was definitely a good deal. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful even though we asked them for a lot. There were a couple of problems, though, that keeps it from a five star review:
-The pool was freezing cold (unbearably). They said the heater was broken.
-The internet was very spotty. I couldn't get it to work in the morning.

Other than these two issues this is a great, inexpensive hotel in a nice area of El Paso.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lantzville, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at this La Quinta. In my opinion, as long as you can get a room for $60 it's a good deal. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast is LQ standard w/boiled eggs (unshelled). The internet was marginal. It worked in the evening, but wouldn't connect in the morning. I don't know how much longer LQ is going to be able to call 1Mbs high speed. It's not. When I could connect here, I got about 750Kbs. :( The dogs would like more space to walk. Over all this is a pretty good LQ. I use it because it's ideally located for my trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed at all kinds of hotels in a variety of price ranges all over the world. This hotel is great for the price and the location. In fact, I recently stayed at the Sheraton in Albuquerque where rooms can cost into the hundreds of dollars; I caught myself comparing this La Quinta location to my experience with the Sheraton in Albuquerque. For the money, the Albuquerque Sheraton has NOTHING on this La Quinta.

I stayed in room 107 which is a king, non smoking room. The building appears to be old. The carpet in my room was heavily worn and stained in areas. The tub looked dirty but I think it's simply old an beaten up from years of guest usage.

There was a layer of dust on the desk, nightstands, phone, television, refrigerator, and microwave. This always bothers me. If cleaning staff can neglect something SO obvious, what else are they neglecting or are they using the toilet rag to wipe down the bathroom sink, mirror, and <gasp> the coffee pot. Ick. I hate to imagine. I realize my rating of this location is "Very Good". I thought long and hard about this. There are far worse hotels out there and many of them are much more expensive. Part of my favorable rating is due to the staff; they were amazing- very polite, courteous and helpful. The room could have been cleaner.

I have TWO critical suggestions.
(1) The cleaning staff needs to actually look around each room and stop the robotic mentality. With room 107, I would suggest looking at THE WALLS: WIPE them down and DUST furniture thoroughly. Also, wipe down the office chair in the room. I cleaned the one in my room and I was disgusted.

(2) The off-brand coffee was horrible. Every time I go to a hotel with horrible coffee, I catch myself wondering if an East Indian owner has taken over and in an attempt to save a few bucks decided to switch to cheap coffee. I'm not prejudice. From my personal experience, bad coffee and East Indian owners seem to go hand in hand. On the bright side, the hotel doesn't smell like curry powder and body odor (yet).

Room Tip: Room 107 was quiet on the back side of the hotel away from traffic. However, in 107 I couldn't s...