“Good Cheap Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good Cheap Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Staff was great. Parking was good for my truck (expiditor) Beds comfortable, toilet loose, SMALL bathroom. floors have laminate planking to look like wood floors, very pretty but looked like it was not mopped in months, Kept our socks on....We had ground floor outdoor access to parking lot which we liked and asked for. I went out after dark to take photos of Mexico across the way and felt safe. (I am female) the price was good for what you got.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
The staff was very happy to know you were pleased with the service they provided. We are always pleased to know you felt safe at our location. Thank you for taking your time to posted your review about our location. I hope you will continue to use Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Syracuse, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

So when I first walked in I thought it was great, Had just driven for 14 hours in a moving truck so I couldn't wait to sleep. The man working the desk was helpful and nice (Asked why I was traveling, which I did not like-thought that was odd), but I found that the people who were walking in at TWO a.m. were very VERY shady...It was only men, coming in alone with fancy cars. We got up to the third floor where our room was and the hallway smelled literally like dog poop, straight up dog poop. We get into the room and they are nice updated rooms, but then I walk over to the desk area to throw out my cup when I realize the maid didn't put a new garbage bag in, she just dumped the garbage out because there were pieces of a blunt in there and a piece of pot on the desk. Then I look up and realize there is no smke detector in the room, just wires hanging from the wall where it should be located. Even worse, I look over at the ironing board and it looked like it had blood on it, there was this stain all over it...

After 20 minutes of laying in bed, scared for my life...there was a noise that came from the hallway where it sounded like someone was being pushed against the wall. I honestly did not sleep a minute that night, it was a terrible night.

Worst hotel experience I have ever had, I have never felt as unsafe as I did that night. (I'm sure it didn't help I am a 25 year old female either)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I have just read your review from your stay with us , and I want you to know that we apoloize for the condition of your room. In put from concerned guest, like you afford us the opportunity to correct these issues. We have corrected these issues. Thank you for your time and concern. I hope you will consider to use Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Soon as I walked in the check in staff greated me & made me feel welcomed. The young gentlmen was informative and was friendly. He showed what great customer service is all about. The prices for the room are affordable. Hotel rooms were very spacious and clean. I like the location. Had many places to choose from.... Would recommend and come back..

• Stayed March 2013
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your time in posting your review. We appreciate knowing that you were pleased with the service and your stay with us. I hope to hear from you again.
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

You have been warned. Read the bad reviews.

The night people at the front desk were awesome though. They gave me great directions and advice! They were super friendly.

I stayed here two nights. I didn't sleep the first night because the heater was annoying and kept coming on. The fan wouldn't stay on or off. It kept waking me up every 10 minutes. I figured it out the next night...sleep in the cold. The wifi wouldn't work in my room. I was on the phone with tech support SIX times! And the problem STILL wasn't solved. I needed wifi to book my NEXT hotel instead of this one. Luckily, I went to Starbucks!

Oh, my nightmare isn't over. I had a do not disturb sign hanging on my door ALL DAY LONG and the cleaning staff STILL entered my room and changed my towels. I was trying to do my part for the environment and reuse my towels! And I had expensive equipment in the room (nothing missing or disturbed), but it is the principle of the thing. If the "do not disturb" sign is hanging, DON'T COME IN!!!! I could be naked...having sex...or whatever! DON'T DISTURB ME! (or the room) No Moleste!

When I went to complain to the front desk on a Friday night, he said "they have to change your towels! It doesn't matter if you have the do not disturb sign!" Um...NO they don't. When I insisted on complaining, he gave me the manager's business card, but I would have to wait until Monday morning to speak with him/her (I can't remember).

SO, I called Red Roof Inn 800 number. On Friday evening, I spoke with a reservation manager. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do for me, but she was VERY nice and cooperative and apologetic. She said that besides speaking with the hotel manager (on Monday), I could call Customer Relations and complain...and I would have to wait until 9:00 Monday morning.

SO, DON'T EXPECT ANY RESOLUTION FROM RED ROOF INN OVER THE WEEKEND!!! AND YOUR HOTEL ROOM AND BE ENTERED AT ANY TIME BY THE STAFF! NO RESPECT

Red Roof Inn has lost a customer for life! I will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Just stay elsewhere. There are plenty of cheap hotels in El Paso (and everywhere else). Stay away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your time in posting your review. We are glad that you found the front desk staff, "awesome". We regret your experience with your room. We have used your input to make the necessary corrections. I hope you will reconsider using Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been a returning customer for over a year. With a special "Thank you" to Dean for setting up my reservation and room accommodation on top floor. I traveled into El Paso on a very busy holiday weekend. Experienced another awesome stay!!
Lupe Campos

• Stayed December 2012
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. It is so important for us to know we are doing our job well. Dean was very happy to know he was able to make your stay a good one.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a clean quite place to stay from a 16 hours of driving on I-10. We saw the sign for the Red Roof Inn and new it was a well known place and the price on the sign was $39 which was great and they had free wifi. However when we got there the night desk person told us they had 1 single room left and it was $57. Being tried and not wanting to drive any longer we took it. I ask the clerk if there was password for the wifi and he said that the single rooms did not have wifi, but that I could come down stairs and us the station in the lobby. I also inquired about a laundry on the premisses, they did not have one. When I asked about the closes one the clerk could not tell were one was, now mind you this is an Inn and most Inn's have laundry facilities on the premisses. The room was clean however there is no coffee maker, no hair drier, no iron or board, and there is no mini fridge. Again this is an Inn and most Inn's have these amenities in every room. Over all the room was quite and clean, however the night clerk was not very friendly or helpfull and not worth the price.

Room Tip: Do your homework before you make reservations here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
David P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - El Paso East, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for bring this information to our attention. We can use your imput to correct these issues. I have spoken with the entire front desk staff and we are all committed to doing a better job. We hope that you will consider Red Roof Inn for your future lodging needs.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Had my two daughters and dog with us. Had two full beds on first floor close to office. Looked clean but for two beds , room had very little towels( one hand towel, washcloth , bath towel).bathroom was tiny and toliet seat had a spot of dried urine and human hair bits on floor behind door and Inside tub . I am disappointed that there was no microwave so to heat our meals so we had to leave our room. We forgot utensils so I asked front desk who stated that they don't have a kitchen so they wouldn't have any unless ( in a sarcastic tone), I wanted to use his (0_o). Ended up ordering delivery . Appearances looks decent . At least their outlets work and beds aren't hard . My Dane was at ease . Had to take him to Alex dice "madre acuerdce que el arbol sea de 7 a 8 pies de Alto. Oh y huggies talla 6, y 2 baterias AA". grassy area in front of the inn to pee. No pet deposit or weight limit. One of the reasons I chose this place besides it being close to the IH-10.
Breakfast area is one small 4 ft cabinet with 3 pots of coffee and it's creamer , sugar a d cups/caps /stirrers on top of the same microwave I had used the night before.
Was excited to try this place out based on the reviews but wasn't thrilled at all .

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking your time to post a review for us. We regret the condition of the bathroom and I can assure you corrective actions have been taken by our Housekeeping Department and hope you will consider allowing us to serve you again.

Been to Red Roof Inn - El Paso East? Share your experiences!