I stayed at this location twice during my recent trip to West Texas. I selected this location because it was easy to get to/from the airport, as well as its close driving distance to a number of decent restaurants (Applebees, IHOP, Village Inn, and many others). The surrounding area is semi-industrial, and there is what looks to be a "gentleman's club" just down the street, so I wouldn't recommend trying to walk to the restaurants.
My first night was after arriving in El Paso en route to the Big Bend region. I could see from the front desk area that the hotel is undergoing renovation. I was assigned to a ground floor room with an exterior entrance. The room itself was quite spacious and comfortable, with a nice workspace for using my laptop. Everything worked. The only problem with this room was some noise from other guests: Someone had an obsession with "testing" their car alarm, tweeting it repeatedly during the early evening hours. There was also a group that arrived in the adjoining room around 10 or 11 pm and seemed to be having trouble getting their key card to work.
I stayed here a second time the night prior to my flight home. It was nice that the front desk clerk remembered me from a few days earlier. This time I was assigned to a 3rd floor room with an interior entrance. I loved this room! It was probably the same size as the earlier room, but it seemed much more spacious ... maybe because I was able to keep the curtains open without feeling like the whole world could see me. The re-done wooden floor was particularly nice. This room also had a comfortable work area. And the room was completely quiet all night long. The only issues I experienced: I was unable to find the TV remote, and when I picked up the telephone to call the front desk, there was no dial tone! Not sure if they were still in the process of getting everything connected or not. I went downstairs to tell the clerk there was no remote, and he immediately went into the back area and brought one out for me -- problem solved. While I was down there, he and one of the construction crew engaged me in a nice conversation about coffee, specifically what people in New York consider to be a "regular coffee". I know that sounds weird, but I felt very much at home being included in their conversation.
Check-out on both occasions was easy and prompt. For what I paid for the rooms, I felt I received great value. Should I return to the area anytime soon, I would definitely consider staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn - El Paso East Hotel El Paso
- Red Roof Inn - El Paso East Hotel
- Red Roof Inn El Paso
- El Paso Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 100 % smoke free Red Roof Inn is conveniently located in East El Paso, and adjacent to I-10, Red Roof El Paso East is convenient to many shopping malls, the Tinsel Town movie complex, and a large variety of restaurants, all within a half mile. Also close by are Star Western Wear, University of Phoenix, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Bank of America, Chase, and Wells Fargo. El Paso International Airport is within 7 miles and you can reach Fort Bliss and the Socorro Sports Complex just off of Loop 375. The Zaragoza International Bridge for entry into Juarez, Mexico, and the Avenue of Americas International Business Park is just minutes away. Three large medical centers are conveniently located to our Inn-- Del Sol, Physicians, and Sierra Providence. Red Roof El Paso East is newly remodeled with all new rooms and is a 100% smoke free hotel with all new flat screen TV’s. We offer a variety of channels including HBO and Pay per view movies. When you check into Red Roof Inn El Paso East, check out the fantastic new amenities in our NextGen ® design rooms! The rooms at this 100% Smoke Free inn feature new, comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, plush high-end bedding, new modern design flooring, comfortable new seating and a large, flat-screen TV. Experience our complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee and tea in the lobby. This location also offers a conference room, microfridges for a nominal fee, an elevator and has interior and exterior corridors. All rooms offer Free WiFi. This location offers “On Command Video” with a selection of free TV channels, pay-to-view premium channels, movies, music and games. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn - El Paso East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.