“Not what you want/need” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place El Paso Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place El Paso Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Gateway Boulevard East, El Paso, TX 79905 (Formerly "Amerisuites")   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #22 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Killeen, Texas
“Not what you want/need”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Please be aware, that this facility, per their internet contract does not offer wifi streaming. Also, don't look for double queen bedding. Only other option is one king and the sofa bed. Made a bad choice on this one, and paid with points.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm a member of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program, so I decided to take advantage of my free nights over this Memorial Day Weekend. 1st time at the Hyatt Place, as I'm used to the Hyatt Regency.

Cons:

Restrooms had no vents.

No cleaning service. Even though I had my do not disturb sign on, you would figure they would come back later and clean the room when you are gone. I know other hotels will do this for you.

Breakfast was ok, but then again I'm picky!

Pros:
Front desk service: Raul & Luis were always helpful, the 1st day my fridge did not work and Raul came to replace it within minutes. Leonard was nice enough to bring me a set of fresh towels, since I had no cleaning service.

The Gallery: Try the chocolate chunk cookies & lava cake!

The wet bar in the room and the big sofa with pillows!

I would stay again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Midland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend sports tournament and received a good budget group rate. The customer service went above and beyond and the staff handled our rowdy group of girls very well. The hotel is located just off I10 and close to shopping and food. The rooms were clean and very spacious, we had plenty of space for our family of four. The continental breakfast was standard, they do need to add hot sauce to their condiments. My only complaint is the bed sizes, 2 doubles and a pull out queen. If the hotel upgrades to 2 queens, it would be perfect.

Room Tip: The elevators are old and noisy, ask for a room away from them.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
West, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

After arriving by Amtrak, took a taxi to the hotel where I was greeted and checkin immediately.

Room was cool which was good.

The breakfast buffet was very good and always something to look forward to.

We will be staying here again when in town again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Booked room at Hyatt Place through FedRooms at government rate. The location is convenient for airport and shopping mall. But it is not in an area that is safe to walk around (fast traffic from I-10 service road and Gateway Blvd.) But the Hyatt Place has a bar, a quasi-restaurant, workout room, pool area, which makes this a comfortable hotel for business travelers. The rooms are not large but are thoughtfully laid out and arranged. I was comfortable, and felt pampered by staff which frankly I find soothing at the end of busy business day.

When I return to El Paso - I will return to Hyatt Place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed one night while in town and as I am unfamiliar with El Paso I stayed here.
The brand has a good reputation and I was not disappointed with this property.
The lobby was bright and clean and the staff was efficient and friendly.
The room is "suite like" with a couch and desk partially separated from the bed.
The AC is a window type located right next to the bed which make it fairly loud in the room and especially when its time to sleep. The bed was super comfy and I slept very well which is really the most important thing. Breakfast was mediocre, seems like mostly processed and mass produced foods. There is a small bar and food for purchase in the lobby. There were people working in the lobby most of the time I was there so its somewhat lively.
Probably the biggest problem with this property is the location, it is right next to the freeway and the noise is a lot. Also, there really isn't anything around, you have to drive a ways to eat and such. I typically prefer properties that are within walking distance to the "action".
The staff gave me a great recommendation for dinner and I highly recommend it.
I would stay here again but since I will be in El Paso more frequently I will probably search for a property just as nice but with a better location.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I visited this hotel in February as I was traveling for work. I really enjoyed this hotel. The room was very spacious as I had a one bedroom suite with a king size bed. The room was fully equipped with a mini fridge, however they didn't have a microwave. I had to use the one in the lobby to warm up some leftovers. The bed was comfortable and I was able to get plenty of rest during my week stay. I did utilize their fitness center and I'm not sure if the AC was working it not but it was always muggy when I went to workout. I'm not really complaining on that because it allowed me to sweat more. I liked the fact that they had weights there and not that typical bow flex machine. There was plenty of parking and they did offer complimentary breakfast which was very good. They also sold snacks which I didn't purchase because I felt they were overpriced. I did like the decor in the lobby. There was a bowl with green apples which added a nice touch. I actually thought the apples were fake when indeed they were not. The front desk staff was very courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!