“Business trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place El Paso Airport

You added Hyatt Place El Paso Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Gateway Boulevard East, El Paso, TX 79905 (Formerly "Amerisuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Mansfield, Texas
“Business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I visited this hotel in February as I was traveling for work. I really enjoyed this hotel. The room was very spacious as I had a one bedroom suite with a king size bed. The room was fully equipped with a mini fridge, however they didn't have a microwave. I had to use the one in the lobby to warm up some leftovers. The bed was comfortable and I was able to get plenty of rest during my week stay. I did utilize their fitness center and I'm not sure if the AC was working it not but it was always muggy when I went to workout. I'm not really complaining on that because it allowed me to sweat more. I liked the fact that they had weights there and not that typical bow flex machine. There was plenty of parking and they did offer complimentary breakfast which was very good. They also sold snacks which I didn't purchase because I felt they were overpriced. I did like the decor in the lobby. There was a bowl with green apples which added a nice touch. I actually thought the apples were fake when indeed they were not. The front desk staff was very courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mc Lean
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here with colleagues - otherwise it wouldn't have been my choice. I didn't have a car, so being next to the Highway 10 was not a plus for me - its really not near anything - the shopping is across the highway, no restaurants in walking distance. They do have a free shuttle, but then you have to arrange to get a ride back from restaurants, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stay at Hyatt Place often. They are very nice. This one is easy off and on traveling IH 10. Friendly, clean, great breakfast. They have a bar and food available during day/evening! Can't go wrong! Enjoy. :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

When entering the hotel, the front desk was a little bit confusing: is it for the bar, dinner service or is it for the hotel?
Personnel was very nice. I was giving the option of a room at lower or higher floor. I am glad I choose the room at the 6 floor as it mitigates the sound of the nearby highway.
Room was very clean with a nice desk and plenty of connectivity for a computer. WiFi is free.
Bathroom is small, with the large shower taking most of the space. Oddly, the towels hangs in the shower, as there is no other space to hang them in the bathroom.
Large TV is between the bed and sofa, which means you are never looking at it with the best angle. AC was constantly running, even though the room was at the setup temperature. It seem to continuously blow "neutral" air without any purpose when the assigned temperature is reached.
A Ihop, Dennys and Mexican restaurant are in a short walkable distance. They are plenty of other restaurants available close to the Mall on the other side of the highway but I had to take my rental car just to cross the highway.

Room Tip: The hotel is just of the highway. I would recommend a room at a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

There were many aspects of our stay at this property that we liked, none more so than the customer service, which was extraordinary. The staff and manager were friendly and looked after us very well.

The public rooms and spacious guest rooms were tastefully decorated in warm tones. The snacks and meals available for purchase were delicious, if a little bit pricey. The chocolate-peanut butter cookies are large and outstanding, and the gourmet pizzas - especially the veggie flatbread pizza - are fabulous. You get what you pay for.

The wifi was fast, free, and reliable.

The breakfast area is much too small for the size and popularity of this property. It was often very crowded in the room where the food was, and there were barely sufficient places for people to eat in the outer lobby area. That would be my biggest recommendation to the property - to rethink the layout of the breakfast.

The variety of items on the breakfast buffet was good, but not great. I had stayed before at a Hyatt House and was thinking that the breakfast at Hyatt Place would be similar, but it's not. Hyatt Place has gourmet breakfast sandwiches and on alternating days, pancakes, waffles, or french toast. These are presented in small pans, which need to be refilled often, and it didn't seem as if the kitchen could keep up.

The rest of the buffet items didn't seem to change much at all - juices, grapefruit slices, oatmeal, minidonuts, cold cereal, and english muffins or toast. The coffee is fine, not great.

It's included in the price of the room, but some days we ended up just eating out - there's an International House of Pancakes almost next door, and a Denny's not too far up the street (though the Denny's is a bit of a disappointment). And there's a Target across the highway, where you can stock up on breakfast items if you just want to eat in your room. (There's a refrigerator in each room, and you can request a microwave.

This is a perfectly fine place to stay near the airport, for a few nights. We ended up staying about a week and a half, and for that long a stay, I'd recommend staying elsewhere with a full kitchen, and where you can do laundry, if not in the room, than in a laundry room in the hotel (I had to drive about 20 minutes each way to a grim laundromat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dundas, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place El Paso Airport in late December. The room was clean as far as I could tell, but I would have liked an option when it came to drinking glasses. Granted real glasses are nicer, but I wondered about if the ones in our room were clean. I know Marriotts have been switching over to offer both the real glasses and the plastic cups, which while not fancy, are in the plastic wrap and are clean.

The shuttle from ELP took a while to arrive, and only after we called, but that seems to be standard with Hyatt Place, so it was to be expected. The staff was professional and courteous. The breakfast in the morning had fewer options than what I expected, but the staff told me that it was because I was there on a weekend. If I were to visit during the week, things would have been better. I find that a little odd, but that's what they said.

Overall, it's an adequate hotel. It certainly served me well for the one night I stayed there. If I were staying longer in El Paso though, I may have looked at other options, depending on price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The breakfast was excellent. The general building and certainly our room were very nice. We enjoyed having a light supper at the 24 hour cafe. The location of this hotel was not ideal, but it was not bad unless one was expecting it to be next to the airport. It was somewhat in the middle of nowhere, but we came by car and this was not a problem for us. What was a problem was being stuck in an isolated room down some staff corridor, supposedly in response to our request for quiet; lots of banging until the end of the evening as staff went about their work.

Room Tip: Be assertive.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!