“Great Place for a one night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place El Paso Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place El Paso Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Gateway Boulevard East, El Paso, TX 79905 (Formerly "Amerisuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great Place for a one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed there on a very busy night for the small property. Very friendly service at check-in. We appreciated their tour of the main floor. The room itself was great. Comfortable and clean. We had a very loud AC unit in our room which did not help us get the restful sleep we needed. However, it may have been an issue in our room only. Overall, we were happy with our stay at the Hyatt Place in El Paso.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oskaloosa, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. The area is very creepy very close to the border. Inside was clean. Staff was friendly. Room was well furnished and clean. Bathroom was clean, no tub just a shower. Bed was clean and comfortable. WiFi available and worked well. Breakfast selection was good. Several hot foods, fruits, juices, cereals, yogurts, breads. The elevators take forever and the second day broke down. Well one was supposed to up and running but the noises it was making on the way to the 3rd floor I decided I didn't want a ride and took the steps. Our room was 3 down from the elevator on 3rd floor. Very noisy with water pipe noises and could never get the air unit to shut off completely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The check-in was excellent and I was very pleased by the front desk clerk. It is convenient to I.H. 10 but that is part of the problem also. Make sure you ask for a room away from the expressway. I did not and the noise from I.H. 10 can be bad. Fortunately for me, I was tired so it did not bother me. The room was clean which is a big plus for me. But, the walls are very thin and I could clearly hear the guest next door speaking on his cellular. Moreover, not all the channels on the flatscreen tv were working and especially the channels I wanted to view like HBO and ESPN. The remote was also slow to react so it needed a battery. However, I did not want maintenance coming in so late in the day. I mentioned this on checking out and the front desk clerk was rather flippant about it as if she was used to hearing this complaint. There were no apologies whatsoever.

Room Tip: Request a room away from I.H. 10.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I will put this hotel at 2nd place starting from bottom of "will be back". Reason, the Elevator. So I got 5th floor room. I enter the elevator, and notice it got scratches all inside. I put my things down, and went back down. I'm taking the elevator on the right side, and it start to shake a bit as it went down. I thought, no big deal maybe a bit worn down. When I came back with my burger, and got on the elevator which was opening and had no one in there "The same one". So as it went up, started to shake. Once it got on my floor, it shake like earth quake for a sec. I thought it broke down, and I was gonne die. "dust came out of the top pannel, and see the pictures." Door opened, and I jumped the hell out of there. So I went back to my room, and grab the camera, and took a picture of it. Other than that, called the front desk and they said they'll talk to the maintance guy. So after an hour, went down again.......same thing happen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a week on business. The room was comfortable, clean, very quiet. Shampoo, conditioner, AND toothpaste waited for me in my room. Actual coffee mugs in the room rather than Styrofoam cups. Tea bags too for hot tea along w/the coffee. Asked to be moved to a room away from elevator and was quickly moved. A staff member had me wait in my room while he went and got my new key and then helped take my bags to my new room, what a true gem of an employee!! Felt like I was in a 10-star hotel with special service. All staff were gracious, caring and responded to needs quickly. Breakfast was great, fresh fruit daily cooked goods, plenty to choose from. Family joined me at end of week and got a tour of facilities as it was their first stay. if there were a downside, I'd have to say the small bathroom. had to fight the door, but who stays in the bathroom!! If you are looking for another great hotel in El Paso Texas, Hyatt Place is the place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevators and ice machines are the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

El Paso is a pretty run down town, so of course I was hardly expecting the Four Seasons or even a fancy or upscale neighborhood. But I was hoping for a clean, safe, decent hotel in a clean, safe, decent neighborhood, and I have happily stayed in MANY HP properties in other cities in the past as a frequent business traveler. Well this this neighborhood, property made me feel anything but safe. The neighborhood is very trashy, looks like skid-row (even by EP standards), and some of the "guests??" I saw hanging around the lobby were downright sleazy. Two shabbily-dressed, unshaven guys, with stringy hair were in the lobby as I arrived (not staff). They looked like they just staggered out of a bar at sunrise. And they kept staring at me when I walked into the lobby (no typical, friendly "hello" or "good evening" that you usually get from fellow travelers). Gave me the creeps. So after a few minutes of that weird vibe, I followed my instincts, left PDQ, and stayed elsewhere. I don't blame the staff, but the HP owners could do a lot to either relocate the hotel to a safer area closer to the airport or at least try to be more discerning in screening/booking guests, if they wanted to make an effort.

Advice to other travelers: Consider other, nicer places in safer areas. There are many hotels very near Airway Drive, closer to the airport and near many restaurants. I recommend that business travelers and families pay a little more $$$ and skip this dump.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel several times as we travel that way and have found it to be very convenient, close to many restaurants with a staff that is always courteous and efficient. It is a hotel that has good value and our planning on a trip usually takes that hotel into account.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor for maximum quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!