“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place El Paso Airport

You added Hyatt Place El Paso Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place El Paso Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6030 Gateway Boulevard East, El Paso, TX 79905 (Formerly "Amerisuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice and it's where we'll stay if we're ever in El Paso again.

They remodeled at some point and the hotel is just lovely. They really put a lot of money and effort into it (unlike other hotels). They have an automated check in but one of the employees always greets you when you check in and asks if there's anything you need.

They have a decently sized menu that's served all day, you can eat in your room or downstairs. The food is delicious. Their continental breakfast is also one of the better ones I've had. they have a large selection of coffee and tea plus decent sized to go cups. The only thing I dislike is that they don't have a soda machine, just bottled soda.

I can't say enough good things about the rooms. They're all suite sized with mini bars, fridges, a desk and a sofa big enough for 4-5 people. The TV is huge and turns so it faces the bed or the sofa. The bed was very comfy, the pillows could have been better (I rarely stay in a hotels with pillows I like though). The rooms have all been updated and look awesome, plus they have tons of outlets. The bathroom is a little tiny, you have to step into the shower to close the door but it's not a big deal. The internet was good and the TV had a decent amount of channels as well as a lot of pay options.

The only problem we had with this hotel was its proximity to the freeway. It didn't bother me but my hubby is a very light sleeper. We were on the front side of the hotel in a corner room (same room both times we stayed), so the sound could from the cars might be worse in our room than in others.

Their price was very reasonable for the area. If you're in El Paso you must stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room farther from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

An excellent two-nght stay at the Hyatt Place, El Paso. New concepts at the breakfast bar reduced the groggy, "I don't know where anything is" to a complete minimum. Exceptionally clean, and when it came time to go the airport, one of the guys behind the desk grabbed the keys and we were on our way in a minute.

When I go home, I found that my credit card had been charged, when the business I worked for had already prepaid for the room. Steam emerging from my ears, I called. I spoke with Loretta who, in less than ten minutes, figured it out and had the charges reversed. Granted, things like that shouldn't happen, but the way she dealt with it was efficient and professional. I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marina del Rey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The rooms are quite large which we liked. The shower / toilet was ridiculous!!!! you have to jockey around the toilet to shut the door!!!! The bed has the smallest pillows you can imagine......no really like kids pillows, we need 6 of them to get comfortable. Then as it was a bit warm in the room we decided to switch on the air con.......it sounded like there was a truck in our room.....you could not open the window because of the freeway noise, so we had to sleep with the constant clunking of the old A/C. With so much competition in the segment we will not be back. Chains like this have to try a lot harder to get my business.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Have stayed here several times and am booked for future. Older property re-done very nicely. Friendly, helpful staff. Limited food and wine menu but good stuff. Huge rooms with wonderful bed, an abundance of electrical outlets for all the gadgets right at the desk, separate living area, very, very comfortable rooms. Some noise from freeway, may want ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. Location close to airport, shopping malls, theatres and restaurants. Really enjoy staying here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We really like the decor of this place, the rooms, and the included breakfast (cereal, Star bucks coffee, yogurt, egg sandwhiches, pancakes, oatmeal, sweet treats etc). Excellent location. Rooms have a separate seating area with comfy couch and desk area. Nice employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elmwood, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Overall, this was a good stay. The Hyatt Place hotels are all well appointed, especially the rooms. The only downside with the rooms, is the environmental control systems. They are archaic as the fan is either on or off. No automatic controlling of the room temperature. The hotel staff was very friendly and outgoing. The courtesy van will run you within the local area to restaurants and such. The hotel staff recommended a local mexican restaurant called Forti's. It is located in a residential area and you would never know it was there unless the hotel staff recommended or took you there. It is a "local" restaurant and is excellent. Overall, for the business overnight. This was a descent place to stay. My company recommends a room away from the highway as there can be quite a bit of road noise if you are a light sleeper. I concur.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed at this property 11/21-11/24 while we were visiting family in the area.

Overall, we had an excellent experience. All staff were friendly and smiling, even on a holiday weekend. They were able to help us with simple inquires and seemed to genuinely care about our experience. The lobby has a modern decor and appears inviting when you walk in. Room was spacious- king bed with a sitting area, wet bar, and desk. The hotel has obviously received a face-lift recently- overall effect is pleasant and modern, but parts of it still feel dated, particularly in the room.

Workout room was nice-seemed like I was the only one who used it! There are a few nice machines with TVs in them, cold filtered water, and plenty of fresh towels.

Breakfast was until 10 am when we were there- this is a better than average free breakfast including breakfast sandwiches in addition to toast/cereal, fruit, breakfast pastries. Hotel manager came around and advised us when breakfast was ending just in case we wanted extra food. Amenities also included 24/7 small snacks that the hotel staff can make at any time for guests- pictures looked good, and they also had a small glass refrigerator case next to check in with desserts, salads, sandwiches, sodas, waters, etc available for sale. I thought this was a nice touch-probably it is standard at most Hyatt Places. I have not stayed at one before.

Location is just off the freeway, but never heard any noise from my room. It is close to Target and Costco. I am confused why the "El Paso Airport" is in the title of the name of the hotel as it is not as close to the airport as the name would imply. It was convenient to the East/Central parts of El Paso we were visiting.

Overall, a nice experience and felt more inviting and genuine than most chain hotels.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has a mountain view, the other side has a parking lot view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place El Paso Airport? Share your experiences!