“A Must Go!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 1,331 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Shellsy offers a variety of dishes, fusion of the Mexican & Louisiana couisine, combinig cajun & spicy flavors achieved a wonderful result with a very friendly atmosphere
“A Must Go!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went to Shellsy's on a quick trip to El Paso, and everything was truely excellent! Fresh oysters this far from the coast was such a delicious surprise! I recommend the Shellsy oysters, service was great,fast and friendly, and the restaurant is really well decorated. Also had the shrimp baja tacos that were delicious fried shrimp with a kick with a chipotle sauce!

El Paso, Texas
“This is the place for an Oyster fix!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

When my wife & I attend dance class (ballroom) at UT-El Paso Friday evenings, we always go out to eat, and look forward to a different restaurant each time. Being in the Chihuahua Desert, I don't give seafood much of a chance for quality. However, the oysters (and you've got to have the namesake!) here were surprisingly good. Admittedly, I didn't try everything that was oysterized, but the Shellsy shot was neither expensive nor alcoholic, a good buy in my opinion. Then my entree of Rockefeller Oysters was a delightful half-dozen, while my wife had grilled salmon. The only downside was chips & dips were late in arrival, what seemed to be sort of an afterthought--we were the first customers of the evening rush. I was extremely pleased with the dips, both quite different from the usual picante or hot sauce. In fact, I should have asked for more chips....! Anyway, it was different, in a good way, from any other restaurant we've enjoyed here. I highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
“Cool little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

My fiancée and I went just for dinner. The beer selection is good. The food was pretty good. I would definitely go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
El Paso, Texas
“Oceanside Dining in El Paso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Shellsy Oyster Bar is a great addition to the limited seafood choices in El Paso. It offers a range of dishes, from Prince Edward Island oysters to New Orleans Po'Boy sandwiches, Baja-style tacos, and fried oysters with a spicy mango sauce. It's a small but lively place, not a white tablecloth atmosphere, and generally packed with fans. There's a good wine list with choices by the glass as well as bottle, and many beers. We've enjoyed every one of our many visits.

• Visited August 2011