“good experience here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Laguna Beach, California
“good experience here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Well maintained property. Room was large and quiet. Breakfast was good quality. Staff were helpful but occasionally distracted. We bought a razor from the shop, but no-one was around to pay. Later we told the desk clerk and they added it to the bill, but that was the only hitch in an otherwise good weekend stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
mcallen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had a terrific stay. The room was large, sofa bed and king size bed. Very clean!!

Room Tip: king suite very roomy!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had a great stay at this hotel. Staff was excellent and I felt like I was right at home. I needed a ride to and from the aiport and they went out of their way to pick me up and take me back to get a rental car, but they were sold out, so they came back and picked me up. Great people, great hotel..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

I love the Hampton Inn's because of the beds, breakfast and coffee available all day. This one is right on to what you expect from the Hampton Inn's, even good service from the front desk staff.

This Hampton Inn has an impressive entrance & atrium. It's also where breakfast is served, spacious, able to handle lots of folks and some outside seating close to the pool.

The fitness center is clean and has a good little collection of machines. The business center has great computers and printers! I was impressed :)

The rooms are ok. We tried 3 different rooms before we were comfy. The 1st one was on the 1st floor, by the elevator, noisy from the foot traffic. The 2nd one had work being done outside the door, too noisy for us. We liked the 3rd one, comfy bed, spacious room but a view of a roof, just ok. And we had to slam the door to shut it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

It's a typical Hampton Inn so I'll just write about what was not typical:
1. Asked for a shower cap - it took them 30 minutes to locate them and give one to me. the shower caps were supposed to be stocked at the front desk but weren't so someone had to go and look for it.
2. I stayed 2 nights and after the first night, my room was not cleaned, bed was not made, etc. Basically housekeeping didn't come by. Wasn't much of a concern to me and only told the staff about it when I checked out since I had everything I needed anyway and everything was still clean. The only potential concern was the food I had thrown away in the trash but since I didn't see any ants or bugs, I didn't call for my room to be cleaned. But if I was staying another night, I would have made sure they cleaned my room.
I guess they are newly opened and haven't worked out everything yet so I'd give them another chance.
A few other things:
- Staff was nice. When I had come back with my take out food and had forgotten to get my bottled soda opened, I asked front desk if they had a bottle opener. They were supposed to have one in their tool box but apparently a guest had taken it and not returned it. Staff then used a pair of scissors to help me out.
- I'm not sure if this is the normal thing but I was placed in a handicap-friendly room that came with a doorbell that sounded like the building's alarm system. If staff knock instead of using the doorbell, it was fine.
- A pregnant staff had checked me in. I hope she gets frequent breaks or is given a chair in the future because I don't think pregnant women should be on their feet for too long.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I travel to the El Paso on a monthly basis. I have been staying at another Hilton property, but was looking for a west side alternative when I have to go to NM. When I found this Hampton Inn had been newly constructed and was open, I decided to try a stay here.

The location was easily found by my GPS and the hotel is located a bit off the freeway. Checkin was quick and easy, though they did not have my room type selection available even as an diamond HHonors member. There is a nicely decorated and inviting lobby with a small front desk and nicely appointed common area. (Breakfast area) They have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available 24 hours a day. Also they had cookies available in the evening. There is also a small suite shop / convenience store with reasonable (for a hotel) prices.

The hotel has a sad gym even for a limited service hotel. TINY room, two treadmills, an ellipical, and some weights. I found it rediculous that there was no exercise bike. The cardio equipment is Precor with TV's built in.. There is small but clean indoor pool, no hot tub.

They have a small business center with two computers and printers. The hotel has free internet access for guests (wired and wirelesss) but I did find it to be a bit slow (though tolerable…no disconnects) in the evening.

The rooms are well decorated, but absolutely tiny for a modern hotel that is not located in a city center. They have a modern warm flare. Beds are typical Hampton Cloud 9 (nice beds). The only place you could plug in the iron is on the desk, a real lack of plugs. The rooms have small flat panel TV's with all the cable channels you could ask for. The climate control is a bit weak - either too hot or too cold in cycles. You can however leave the blower motor on for white noise while the climate control is still functioning.

The room was pretty dirty, crumbs around bed, sticky stuff on the TV stand, lots of dust and hair's in the bathroom.

Bathrooms are well equipped and large given how tiny the bedroom is, but nothing special. Rooms have microwave, fridge, though I had to unplug the fridge as it was making a grinding noise. The room has no comfort chair nor couches. The room was quiet and had no noise from outdoors or surrounding rooms. The keys for the room are RFID type key cards….no need to slide the key into the lock. They also have electronic do not disturb signs which is neat. They still have the traditional signs also.

The hotel is near a small outlet mall and there are a few fast food choices nearby.

The breakfast area had plenty of seating in the morning. Typical Hampton breakfast. The day I stayed it was Biscuts, Sasuage, Waffles, pasteries, cereal, juices, coffee, etc. They also have the on the run bags with an apple, muffin, cereal bar, water, and mints. Checkout was easy as they had my bill under my door.

I am dissapointed in this hotel given the price....tiny rooms, no comfort seating, poor climate control, noisy fridge, and weak exercise room.....just not worth staying here. Nothing outwardly horribe, but I think this hotel is an underperformer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Scott Depot, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Was relocated from another Hilton property in El Paso and found a room here. The suites are as good as I have ever stayed. Very clean (albeit the property is only 4 months old). The breakfast are just OK. The front desk could not have been more helpful (especially Christine)

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites El Paso West? Share your experiences!