“Lots of TV Channels & Nice Pillows” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 78 hotels in El Paso
gecko831
“Lots of TV Channels & Nice Pillows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stay here when I come to El Paso for work. It is on the west side, very close to NM. I appreciate that this hotel has a lot of TV channels to choose from, often hotels will have 10 channels & that's all - this had nice selection...if I'm out of town I still want to be able to catch History Channel or Bravo at night & can do that here. The pillows were super comfy & I got a good nights sleep. Outlet malls are one exit up & several restaurants a couple exits the other way. Overall, the room was as expected & I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located right off of IH 10 and very close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The indoor pool is very nice and offers a great place to relax after a long drive. The pool area was stocked with lots of towels. Our room was located on the second floor just above the pool. While you could hear some muted sounds coming from the pool while it was open, it was very quiet at night for sleeping. The breakfast featured eggs, ham, and biscuits along with the usual fare of breads, juices, coffee, cereal, and yogurt.

All in all the stay was very pleasant and I would definitely stay here again the next time I stay in El Paso.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We typically stay at HI Express hotels whenever on the road as they are very professional, have clean rooms, great breakfasts, and are an overall great quality. This one in particular though didn't meet our expectations. The first room we checked in to had a filthy floor and the heater didn't work. We contacted the front desk, who was very professional and courteous and the repair guy came immediately but was unable to fix it. Fortunately for us they upgraded us to a larger room but again the floors obviously hadn't seen a vacuum in some time. Thanks a ton to the front desk staff and the maintenance guy who had great attitudes, but won't be staying at this one again.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were back in El Paso to work on the west side. We were staying at a hotel on the east side of the mountain BUT they ran out of Kings so we willingly tried a Queen - not much sleeping. Hotel.com helped with this HI.
HI did not have the King suite but they did have a King room. I had expressed that it was our 32 Anniversary so the clerk said he would make up for it! He left and came back with a bottle of champain and a beautifully wrapped gift - very touched.
The hotel was packed at breakfast and the staff was continually moving to keep up.
We will be back!

• Stayed December 2012
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I don't usually stay in El Paso, because I've never felt very safe, but thought I'd try this Holiday Inn Express because of it's location. It was an excellent stay, newer hotel and really nice staff. I'd definitely stay here again! Great breakfast and location, lot's of stuff close by, including a good, easy gas stop and Starbucks! There are plenty of restaurants and even a Krispy Kreme! I felt very safe in this location and hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

When traveling in the area this is my favorite place to stay. Always clean and staff is very friendly and attentive. Prices are reasonable and the location is convenient with a number of places within a short distance. I've stayed here a number of different times and was never disappointed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

As always, I read all the reviews of hotels before picking a place to stay. We were stayed two nights where I reserved two rooms so that my grown son and his children could be near by to visit. We were pleased with the rates, that they allowed my small dog with no extra charge, the rooms were very clean and didn't have any weird smells which could happen since they allow pets, the water pressure and shower worked very well, all the plumbing was in good working order. We were pleased to find there was a microwave and small fridge in our room.. Our beds were very comfortable, everything worked as it should, the pool was very clean and inviting, the breakfast offering was very good with Texas shaped waffles fresh off the griddle.
The location was perfect as it was in same parking lot as Applebees, Fuddruckers, and Pizza Hut. This was very convenient to walk out front of hotel and right into restaurant.
The only thing that kept this from being a "five" for me was that although everything was adequate and I expected just this but did not exceed any expectations or stood out as exceptional. But I would stay here again and I believe that this hotel could be considered as competitive with rates and location.
I must say that "Cassie" was outstanding in her service and professionalism. Also, she took note of our request to have adjacent rooms when I called in to make the reservations. She gave us rooms on the ground floor which was right next to an exit which made it easier to take our dog out when needed. I really appreciated her courtesy, her friendly manner, and professionalism. She is a great asset to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!