“Best chinese food ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #564 of 1,331 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Chinese
El Paso, Texas
“Best chinese food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I loveeee this restaurant. We have been going to it for almost 4 years. The food is awesome the place has a nice atmosphere and the delivery is always plentiful and hot and quick. Try the mango chicken....served in a split mango shell! Its awesomeeeee. Good price. Good food. Excellent choice. By far the BEST chinese cuisine in El Paso.

• Visited January 2012

El Paso, Texas
“China Star strikes out 3x in last six months”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

China Star strikes out 3 times in the last 6 months. Very dissapointing since my family & I absolutely loved this restaurant 2 years ago.

I won't go into detail about the other visits, but I will focus on this last visit, and it was absolutely a disaster.

1. China star has great Spring rolls *with the plum sauce. The last three visits they were "out of it". Instead of taking resposability, blame was shifted to the kitchen for not ordering it BY THE MANAGER.

2. While I was paying for my meal (to go~at the counter), my transaction was interupted by another customer ordering & paying. Instead of a curtious response to what was happening, I had to ask why my transaction couldn't be taken care of BEFORE another order was placed and paid for. The response was, "only the manager takes care of cash transactions". Very odd & I felt unimportant.

3. As a business owner, I understand that QUALITY & SERVICE are equally important for a successful experience. The quality, unfortunately has gone down hill. Rice is dry, like it has been sitting under a lamp for too long, not keeping customers happy with desired items that are PRESENTED ON THE MENU. If the items are unavailable....change the menu!

I will NOT be suggesting this restaurant to anyone, half service with no responsability from management is VERY POOR SERVICE. And the food is good, but can't be great with poor service.

Visited July 2011
New Mexico
“I was so disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have poor vision, so I didn't see how dirty the restaurant was until I ate. The decor is nice, sofas at the table, beautiful lighting, and attentive servers. We ordered four dishes, two were average, one was pretty good, one was not so good. That didn't upset me, because in generally, chinese food in the southwest is average at best.

Unfortunately, before I left the restaurant, I went to the ladies' room. The carpet is filthy and the rips were fixed with duct tape, but the duct tape was filthy and worn. The ladies' room was so bad, if I'd gone in first, I never would have eaten there.

I was so disappointed.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Chinastar is awesome its the best chinese...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010 via mobile

Chinastar is awesome its the best chinese in El Paso. Service is great and the food is fairly priced. With couches at every table it makes it very cozy. This place has the best cooks in town and Patrick too. Try it and taste for yourself.

Chandler, Arizona
“Great experience at China Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I have been searching for good Chinese food in El Paso for about a year, and I have finally found it. I read about China Star in El Paso magazine's "Best of 2009" issue. On the outside, China Star looks ordinary, but when I walked inside, I noticed the lovely decor and very comfortable booths. It was difficult to decide what to order, but we settled on seafood soup (egg drop soup with seafood added), spicy pan-fried noodles with chicken, and moo goo gai pan (chicken with vegetables in white garlic sauce). Everything tasted fresh and delicious. Our server was very attentive, and I never had to ask her to refill my iced tea, because she was always prepared with the pitcher when my glass was about half empty. We will definitely go back to China Star.