“Poor Hotel Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
St. Clair Shores, MI, United States
“Poor Hotel Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you are going to stay here by sure to bring an alarm clock as they miss wake up calls frequently. Also bring your wallet as it is quite expensive for what you get. Paid $8.00 for a Gin and Tonic and $50 for a "Fair" dinner. Good Luck - there are better places if you don't have to stay downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eric_Jimenez, Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during Sun City Pride at the beginning of June 2014.
Positives: modern, clean and cool rooms, and the pool area was wonderful, with a bar in the pool area. Easy walking distance to most things in downtown El Paso. Our room faced west, giving a sweeping view over Juarez. Rooms were very quiet. The restaurant downstairs has a lovely breakfast, but the buffet is a little pricey ($14/person). Parking is free, although the parking spaces are very tight.

As for the negative: the weather was exceptionally hot outside (109F), and while the A/C worked well in the rooms, the corridors were not cooled, and they were exceptionally HOT (at least 100F), especially next to the elevators. And the elevators are VERY slow, and since the hotel was full during our stay, we spent a lot of time waiting for the elevator, in the stifling heat. The lights on the ceiling next to the elevator are halogen, and produce an immense amount of heat as well. The stairways cannot be used even to go one floor, since the doors from the stairwell are locked, and you can only go to the bottom once in the stairwell.

In all, a good hotel, but if you're sensitive to heat, you might not want to go when it's hot outside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are actually working on the lighting near our elevators, so hopefully we can have this situation taken care of very soon. We look forward to your return!
Burntet, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel and the staff were wonderful. I would recommend for anyone visiting El Paso to stay here. The location can't be beat if you are looking to stay downtown. And the staff is more than willing and able to offer places to dine, to visit during your trip, or to help you out in anyway. The temperatures in El Paso can be very extreme, but no worries with the A/C. I would have to say that the A/C worked in this Hotel like it works in my home. If you set the temperature on a specific setting, it actually cooled to whatever temp. you set it at. Not like other Hotels, where the temperature gauge is just there to make you think it's working, but really doesn't. Housekeeping was very friendly and accommodating as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to assist you with information about local eateries. Thank you for the review!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Hotel was very accommodating. Check in went smoothly & we were also allowed early check in. Rooms were very spacious & clean. Elevators were extremely slow. Food downstairs was very pricy but good. I would definitely go back for another visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Because of some schedule issues, I wasn't able to stay at this hotel so can't comment on the property or room, but front desk staff were very helpful, patient and courteous and helped me resolve a problem!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Great to hear my staff was able to take care of you. Thank you for the review!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked this hotel for a Pride Event because it was the ideal location and was near the event. I arrived in the morning to the hotel. Once I got there there are parking spaces you can park in while you check in. After I parked, I arrived to the front desk. I asked the front desk if I was able to check in early. I was able to luckily because they had bunch of rooms. Once I checked in, I was given a delicious coffee which is their signature. I recommend eating it, it's scrumptious for those who haven't tried it yet!

Anyways, I was given a room on the 9th floor which led me to take the elevators. I got onto the elevator I realized I had to swipe my key to go upstairs which is a security feature to make you feel safe. However if the staff is there with you they can swipe the key for you which was nice. Once I got into my room (king size bed) I settled down and checked out what it had to offer. There is an HDTV, along with a dresser and an ice bucket. There is no microwave, that was my only disappointment. My only gripe is if Super 8 or a lot of the budget chains offer a microwave why can't Doubletree? But anyways I still recommend this as a place to stay. I had a great view of the pool and downtown. The bed was comfy. The wifi is average, not as fast as I would like but decent. I will stay here again if given that choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review. We look forward to your return, even if it isn't until next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

we had a great stay; Staff is very friendly and helpful, my daughters loved the cookies, we bought 2 tins and we are ready to go back for more! The rooms were quiet considering is right on the side of the I-10; complimentary parking and walking distance to the Chihuahuas Park; very clean comfortable beds, the pool is clean as well as the roof deck on the 7th floor. Will definitively stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We appreciate the great review and look forward to you return!

Been to Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center? Share your experiences!