“Best option for a centrally located hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“Best option for a centrally located hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

One of the finest hotels in El Paso, exclellent for business trips. Located downtown and a central location if you are going west or east El Paso.
Plan your exact trip. If you leave early, they will charge you $25 extra. Free but awkward parking in small spaces.
Nice and clean rooms, delicious Doubltree beds and pillows. Fire restaurant is pretty good for breakfast or dinner.

• Stayed April 2013
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us, we truly appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Edinburg, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I loved staying at the Double Tree the views are amazing. The beds very soft perfect great. The cookies wonderful. The front desk staff amazing, nice and very sweet. They had a driver that would pick one up from the airport and takes one anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. Gilbert was his name. The outside terrace stunning loved the fire pit. The breakfast buffet was amazing. The 17th floor views were spectacular. The pool was closed but overall a great staying experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. I apologize that the pool was closed when you were here. We did end up closing again at the beginning of the month for renovations, so if you find yourself staying with us again, you will get to enjoy our newly made over Sunset Terrace! Thank you again!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

As I flew into El Paso, I felt like I was flying into Saudi Arabia -- desert as far as the eye can see. When I landed, it seemed more like Phoenix in the 1970s -- small city surrounded by beautiful mountains. The Doubletree is about 15 minutes from the airport, a $20 cab ride.

Check in was easy, and you'll be handed a chocolate chip cookie right from the warmer. I didn't have complimentary water bottles in my room, but I did get a plastic cup of water from the dispenser at the front desk to take upstairs with me. I had a great view of Ciudad Juarez, just a couple blocks from the hotel. I also noticed that the Museum of History, Bank of America, El Paso Art Museum, the Civic Center, and the Camino Real Hotel are all within walking distance. You can also see cars lined up on the border bridge, making the border crossing. The views of the brown mountains are amazing.

I immediately took my cookie and cup of water to the terrace on the 7th floor. From the terrace, there's a walk-up bar, a fire pit, nice patio furniture, both covered and uncovered. At this level, you'll also find the pool, the gym, and the business center with two computers to print your boarding pass, check email.

There's room service until 11pm, and the menu looks good, including a basic kids menu. Be aware that the gratuity and a service charge are already included in the tab. The hotel restaurant is so dark it looks closed. But the waiters are gracious and the food is good. I actually ordered something from the room service menu that I didn't see on the restaurant menu, and they gladly made it for me.

Though the hallways and elevators seem a bit dated, the rooms have been renovated. They're roomy with a large tv and large bathroom. The ac works well. I love the room doors which close themselves without slamming all night long. But the very loud plumbing is a force to be reckoned with. The toilets have some weird super-strong (read loud) flushing mechanism, but you can also literally hear people urinating in surrounding rooms all through the night. I never heard a tv or voices, but whatever happened in the bathroom was definitely on blast. It's the weirdest plumbing phenomenon I've ever experienced.

The 17th floor conference rooms are very cold. Everyone knows to bring a sweater to a conference, as the rooms are always chilly, but these rooms were obscenely cold. We notified the hotel, but apparently there was no change. Equipment worked well. Food was ok.

Free wifi everywhere: rooms, terrace, lobby, conference rooms.

When you check out, the front desk will hold your luggage, but they really do just keep it right there at the desk, not secured in any way. That has both benefits and risks. There's a hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere within three miles of the hotel, but it will also take you to the airport when you check out. It seats five, and our driver was professional, informative, and accommodating.

The Doubletree is likely the nicest place to stay in El Paso. And it works for both business and families tagging along who might enjoy the museums and pool.

The rooms, the terrace, the free wifi, and the nice employees made for a very pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to give us such a nice detailed review. Just to clean some things up for anyone else who may read this review, the service charge for room service is not included in the food prices, but will be added to the final bill. As far as luggage goes, we do have a bell closet for storage, unfortunately we have limited space as it is also used for supplies and guest packages both incoming and outgoing, so there will be times when we have to keep some luggage behind our desk. We are glad that you had a great experience with us and look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We just spent a fabulous evening here. They had a special wine pairing dinner, GREAT wine. The room is great, new, clean, modern. The terrace is super nice and great music there as well as in the dining area. Some cool clubs within walking distance was an added bonus. The place to stay, book early, can be hard to get rooms.

Stayed April 2013
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. Our Terrace is getting a make-over, so i you have a chance, you should come see it. Thanks again!
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Adjacent to the museum and within walking distance to most places down-town. Just off the Highway from the airport and Mexican Border (about 15 mins drive). Staff gave good suggestions and directions for dinner options. Asked for luggage to be brought up to my room but after an hour I went down to get it myself. The coffee shop has starbucks coffe and a variety of pastries etc. Albeit a non-airport hotel they still offer a free-shuttle on the hour. Pool looked a bit sandy (what can you do, it's the desert) but was still refreshing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the great review, thank you. We hope to see you again in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a nice choice for my stay in El Paso. I was referred to this hotel by a co-worker and it was great. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great. The staff at the Front Desk was amazing. Anything that was needed, they wre ready to accomodate you. It is not far from the airport and is located near downtown El Paso.

The only complaint that I had was the elevator not requiring key access to go to the guest room floors from the parking garage. I understand the hotel does parties on the top floor, but when you are in a city you are not familiar with, it is a bit unsettling that just anyone can come in the parking garage and take the elevator to any guest room floor in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review about our hotel! We are always glad to see that our guests had an enjoyable experience during their visit. I understand your concern about the elevators; however access to all room floors from the garage are key activated specifially for the security of our guests. There may have been an issue with the system the day of your visit, but I assure you that the problem has been taken care of since then. Thank you for choosing the Doubletree in El Paso and we hope to see you again.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed here overnight at the suggestion of a local business associate I was meeting with the following day. I was somewhat hesitant, as I had never stayed here before. After getting up at 3:30AM to fly here from the east coast, I was dog tired by the time I arrived, and I actually wondered when I got to the lobby if this was going to be a typcial marathon check-in process. As it turned out, the front desk staff was fast, efficient and friendly, and my whole experience from check-in to check-out was very pleasant. They also went the extra mile with helping me locate a recreational facility within driving distance, which I really appreciated.

I enjoyed a glass of wine on the open air patio, a superb dinner at the hotel retaurant with tasteful live music playing the background, and fine breakfast in the morning before heading off to my meeting.

It was very obvious to me during my brief stay that extreme attention to detail is the norm at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We really appreciate the great review about our staff and the hotel. Should you find yourself in El Paso again, we hope you choose the DoubleTree to take care of all your hotel needs. Thank you for the review once again.

Been to Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center? Share your experiences!