“great night sleep! just ignore the lack of cleanliness” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 20%
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Albuquerque
“great night sleep! just ignore the lack of cleanliness”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

When we got up to our room I noticed stains on the chair and ottoman. I inspected the sheets and saw mascara stains. We asked for a different room and the second room had stains all over the chair and ottoman. They need to shampoo the chairs in every room it seems. There was a questionable stain on the lamp shade that looked like blood. The shower was old and the caulking was stained a rusty color. On a positive note the bed was very comfortable

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at eric.jimenez@hilton.com if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Warm regards,

Eric Jimenez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Natchitoches, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Great service by front desk and shuttle drivers. The property is conveniently located to the convention center and downtown area. Comfortable beds, nice shower streams, and great suggestions for local places to eat!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sutherland, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The staff at the Doubletree in El Paso is second to none! I traveled on crutches this trip and it made getting around very difficult. The Doubletree did everything possible to make my stay easier. Gilbert the shuttle driver is to be especially commended. This was my first visit to El Paso and I hope to come back one day on a leisure visit. The convenient room service menu, an accessible room near the elevator and the proximity to the conference center are all pluses.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The M Cafe is extremely limited in what they offer and is way over prized ($9 for a small bowl of fruit and yoplait yogurt!).
I stayed during the week of Halloween and was traveling for work. There was a techno party happening just outside the hotel and I could feel the bass in my room. The other guests were extremely loud (and the walls are thin) so I could hear screaming and banging until 3am. Not exactly conducive to business travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my first time in El Paso and was surprised to find the border 5-6 blocks away from this hotel. The hotel is walking distance to a lot of museums and music and I felt very safe in and around this property. I agree that the parking garage has a low ceiling and is kind of "funky" but the hotel is very clean. I appreciated that I needed to use my room key to use the elevator to the guest floors, this added to my feelings of safety as a woman traveling alone. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here and after checking into the matchbox car parking (low roofs, tiny drive way and turn arounds) - I checked in to find a long black hair in the bathroom tub. I brought it down to the front desk and showed them. They responded by saying, "What is it?" Really...? Anyway, this was followed by my rude awakening that they have no free coffee in the lobby when you are on the run. They have a Starbucks, but hey, even if on business, I don't like buying a 5 dollar coffee. Another reviewer stated that they don't appear to like that you have a high hilton rating with regard to your membership. I concur. This place could care less about how many times you've stayed an Hilton properties. No executive lounge. No snacks in evening for guests at the bar. No restaurants around the area.... psst... don't walk too far too late at night. The elevators are confusing for guests. Some have the ability to go to the garage while others don't. They have one button for up. You figure it out. The manager was non-responsive when I requested to talk to him/her. Perhaps now they can respond with, "I'm sorry about your blah blah blah visit. We at Hilton... blah blah blah. They need to put their money where the service is and actually provide something to members. I see no value in ever staying here again. If you don't stay many places maybe you find this nice. I found it to be lipstick on a pig.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Eric_Jimenez, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
I would like to apologize for the poor cleanliness of your room and for the other inconveniences you may have experienced. As far as honors members go, we do appreciate our Honors memebers as 60% of our occupancy are Honors members. Some hotels will offer more than others, but these are not Hilton standards, simply perks that each individual hotel may implement on their own. We do have an Honors reception every Wednesday starting at 5:30pm. This is a perfect opportunity to meet with our managers while enjoying a cocktain and hors d'oeuvres. Our Diamond members also enjoy a Full breakfast buffet (not continental, which is what Hiltons standard) each morning during their stay, while Gold members get their choice of the Full buffet or 1000 bonus points. I do thank you for taking the time to review us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I got this hotel recommended over others downtown, first it is expensive, rooms are tiny, I found a lot of dust over the desk and furniture, the bed cover has stains, the hotel brags to be the best in town and when you ask for something they give it to you with an attitude, also be careful not to be the highest level in Hilton honors because they treat you like a thief

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking time to review us. I'm not sure what happend in your case regarding your room, but i assure you this is not a normal thing to happen and is more than likely an isolated incident which i do apologize about. Prices may vary depending on when you were staying with us, but I can assure you our rates fall in line with similar hotels in our area. I'm really not sure what you meant by your last comment about being treated like a thief, but you are more than welcome to contact me and clarify so I can figure out what happend.

Been to Doubletree Hotel El Paso Downtown/City Center? Share your experiences!