“Night desk clerk was beyond rude! Will NOT stay in this hotel again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites El Paso

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Tucson, Arizona
“Night desk clerk was beyond rude! Will NOT stay in this hotel again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I checked in to this hotel late Saturday night. The receptionist who checked me in was very rude, unprofessional, and didn't seem at all happy when he checked me in. If I knew before hand that I was going to be treated with so much disrespect, I would have cancelled my reservation and stayed somewhere else. I didn't get to see his name tag so I'm not sure of his name, but he was the one who checked me in around 2:30am or so. He slammed a paper I had to sign on the desk and told me to sign it. He just slammed it there very rudely. I was too tired to say anything I just ignored him and went straight to my room. He didn't look happy being there at all and I don't believe people like him should be hired to work at hotels!!! The room was nice and the breakfast was decent, too bad the customer service that night was horrible. I will not be staying at this hotel again and I'll assure my friends and family to never come here, I'm sure we can get more respect and our business will be appreciated elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't check in after 2:00am. You will be treated like garbage.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Most excellant hotel to stay at. Super clean thru out hotel, staff extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast is beyond expectations for a hotel "contential" breakfast.
And the bed, OMG they are the best ever! If I can ever find out what the make of those mattresses are, we'll be buying one for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5034, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites El Paso, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you Carol, for your staying at our hotel, its a pleasure to know that you are highly satisfied.
We work hard to make sure you are comfortable, like home, and enjoy a delicious hot full breakfast in the mornings!!!
please come back and visit us.

Management
Metairie, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Nice room - comfortable. Good location as we were headed west and wanted to get past downtown El Paso before we stopped. Everything was nice, clean and appeared pretty new. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast room was large and clean. Nice average breakfast but more than adequate for us to get back on the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5034, Manager at Comfort Suites El Paso, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much, for staying at our hotel, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest, thanks so much for your nice review, we will continue to strive for excellence!!!

we hope to see you soon!!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Staff was friendly, made me feel at home, excellent room, slept great!!! I came on business, I usually stay at IHG hotels, on East or West, this time, the last hotel, did not have my name in their system with the room I requested. I decided to come to Comfort Suites West, best choice ever.
Nice pool and hot tub, delicious breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

On our way back to Arizona from Austin, Texas, we wanted to get through El Paso before stopping for the night. The Comfort Suites on Desert was a great location .... past the high traffic downtown area, but still in a city environment.
Greeted with a big smile and friendly 'Good Evening' by Gabriel, we were checked in, given WiFi, pool, breakfast information and in our animal and smoke free king suite within minutes of arriving.
A newer facility back from the Interstate and frontage road with clean and comfortable rooms, a well lit bath, a higher quality shower head ( we used to carry a shower head, teflon tape and pliers because some places we have stayed in over the years, had the $0.79 cent trashy shower heads that I would change first thing) a very comfortable bed with great pillows, flat screen TV with many cable channels, and a much better than average breakfast ( Bacon ! .... .they had Bacon ! ) that was continually freshened.
There was a Fudruckers adjoining the parking lot, a Wal-Mart within a half a mile as well as many restaurants in the area ..... so sort of the best of everything.
After a quiet restful night and an above average hotel breakfast, check out was pretty much a matter of dropping the key cards at the front desk and heading home to Arizona.
A great place to stop if you want a west side of El Paso rest stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your visit and stay with us, we are happy you enjoyed a comfortable stay in our hotel.
We will continue to strive for excellence!!

thanks and we hope you come visit once again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here at the recommendation of a colleague. I don't typically stay at Comfort Suites but would stay here again in a heart beat. Price was better than most others in the area and was much nicer than the Hampton next door. (I stayed there the week prior)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you chose our hotel for your stay.
We hope you come back and stay with us soon, and we will continue to provide excellent service to you!!!
The World
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The room is cramped and narrow—so narrow that when Dimitri is sitting at the desk, the space between the back of his chair and the coffee table is too narrow to walk by. The photos on the web of the space in this king suite are totally misrepresentative. There was a sofa to sit on and watch TV, a mini fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. The lighting was too somber--too dark.
But the absolute worst was the air conditioning system. It was either 67 degrees in the room or 80—it would cycle between the two and was noisy and awful. When we had the thermostat set at 75, on automatic, it would go down to 70 (according to the thermometer we carry with us).
We did have a view of the Franklin Mountains.
We paid $104 for the room.

Room Tip: We were told that all of the rooms are the same size, except a real suite which was much more expens...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5034, Owner at Comfort Suites El Paso, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are sorry you had a bad experience during your stay.
We do have 24 front desk available to provide you with the help you need, and we would have been happy to take care of you that evening and provide you with another room.
We do have maintenance checking our thermostats regularly to ensure proper cooling and heating.
Please come back and visit our hotel, and let us make you comfortable

Owner

Been to Comfort Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!