“Wonderful Stop along !-10” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
“Wonderful Stop along !-10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

On Xmas day we were traveling west on I-10. We stopped in Van Horn to see about a room and the Hampton, only new place in town wanted the highest rate possible even though they had no customers! We traveled on to El Paso and stayed here. The desk person was very nice and gave us a well-located room. The room was great - large and well laid out, the staff was very nice and I would definitely stay again. The rate was excellent. Great location for restaurants and shopping and on the west side of the city, which is good if you are traveling west. The breakfast was mediocre compared to other comparable places we have stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet but we always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine. Facing the fre...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I resided at this hotel from June 13 through July 8 while on business travel and enjoyed my stay immensely! The hotel was clean, the staff was always available and responsive, and the location of the hotel was perfectly situated admist a great variety of restaurants, Wal-Mart (a must have for long-term business trips), banks and right off of the main highway. The daily rate was more than reasonable for a relatively new hotel suite with a mini-fridge, microwave and spacious room. While not a 5-star hotel, in my view it is great for business travelers! The only area of improvement recommended is that they expand their breakfast options. Currently, their breakfast consists mainly of breads for toast, a griddle for making waffles, fruit, juices and yogurts. Some days, they also offered a "breakfast-on-the-go" bag for those of us that did not take time to sit down to breakfast, consisting of fresh fruit, water. mints and a cereal bar. A great idea! - Imatravelbuddy

Room Tip: Ask for their specials or company discounted rates.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family came in to town to visit and stayed at this hotel. During their stay, my mother slipped and fell on the property due to a spill that they had not cleaned up. Her clothes and purse were stained from the liquid. They said that they would pay for her dry cleaning and then when we went to check said they would not pay the bill. I think this was terrible and awful customer service. No one asked how she was, no one checked on her to make sure that she was ok. We will not be recommending this establishment to our friends and family when they visit again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Nick Bhakta is the GM and owner and a man without compassion and is also a liar. My mom fell down on property during her stay due a slippery surface they did not have cleaned up properly. She is 68 and was shaken, she is black and blue and very sore - we are lucky she did not break anything. Nick did not apologize and had no empathy that she fell. Her clothes and purse were stained. They did offer to pay for her dry cleaning on the clothes and take care of my parents stay - this was reasonable and fair. Upon check out, we were informed by Eddie that Nick changed his mind - they charged for everything!!! This greedy man does not deserve your business!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Great bed, nice room and well priced. However the excellent staff make this an easy choice in west El Paso. The breakfast service was particularly good, with items promptly and consistently replaced. This hotel is VERY well managed.

• Stayed June 2011
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My Company and I have stayed at this hotel, frequently. Always satisfied, but this last stay, I saw a decline in service, change of management, has caused service to go down, also I noticed when I checked in, that my sheets were dirty and had been used, I told the front desk, they said nothing could be done until morning, this is crazy.
Next morning for Breakfast, the server, had a facial piercing, which was disgusting.
Food tasted as if it had been warmed up from previous day, I asked attendant, if this was so, she claimed that" food is saved so not to be wasted" how disgusting is this?!
I am moving on as I am dissapointed in my choice of "Choice Hotels"

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We are a family of 4 - Mom,Dad 7 yr old and 2 yr old. We came for 3 nights to visit my step-son who is stationed at Ft Bliss. We came here a few years ago and stayed at the Embassy Suites, but it seemed too expensive this time. The rooms here were $99 and I got a 10% AAA discount. We booked a King Suite with the sofa bed for the kids.

First of all, we arrived and they did not see my reservation. My fault! I booked the wrong weekend online. The front desk clerk quickly changed the dates of our reservation and we got in our room in 5 mins.

The property is new, and very clean. Non-smoking throughout. We booked a King bed, but next time we'll go with the 2 Queens - more comfortable than the sofa bed for the kids. Upon looking at the floor plan, the 2 Queen bed rooms are slightly bigger than the King Suite for the same price. I did not know that when I booked, but no matter. The bed was very comfortable. Flat screen tv, and free wi fi. There is a Fuddruckers right across the parking lot, and we ate there twice. Very nice and convenient.

The included breakfast is the usual fare of make your own waffle (in the shape of the state of Texas - kids loved that), muffins, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon and juices. I can't really recommend the eggs, they tasted like MRE eggs on both mornings we ate in. Everything else was great.

The owners seemed to be on site the whole time and completely involved in the running of the hotel. Housekeeping was great. We ran into our housekeeper on a couple of occassions, she was really sweet and my 2 yr old just loved her.

My 7 yr old loved the indoor pool.

My husband really like the West El Paso location, very convenient for driving in from Arizona, and not having to fight the regular free way traffic as we had done when we stayed at the Embassy suites previously.

We were very satisfied with our stay and this will be our hotel of choice in El Paso going forward.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!