“Bad tamales” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #219 of 1,356 Restaurants in El Paso
el paso, tx
“Bad tamales”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I boght tamales here for years- usually eh green chile/chees or chicken. Last week I went there for tamales.and ther was little to no green chile in any and no cheese.just specks of cheese. There is little quality control now - maybe wait til Christmas time and the tamales will get better. Not now. The attutude of the woman at the cashier was arrogant and pushy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Delicious chicken and green chili tamale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am not an expert on tamale's however I found the green chili and chicken tamale's that I purchased to be the best I have ever eaten. They seem to have a nice selection of Mexican bakery items as well as some items that might appear in a non-Mexican bakery as well. There was a large selection to choose from. I will go back to try some of the baked goods next time.

Visited April 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent holiday memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Being the errand runner for an office I was always sent out early prior to our holiday food fest. I would get at least three dozen tamales and they were all gone before one. The green chile and cheese are still my favorite.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
El Paso
“Looking for the real thing?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best Tamales in town, a New Year's tradition, plus a full bakery with huge fresh cookies and breads. Hard to not eat one on the car ride home.

Visited December 2012
S��͏D"
“Someone told me the tamales were bland, but I had to be sure.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Now I am sure. I bought a dozen of the green chile, chicken. Some of them were almost 1/4 masa and the fillings was lacking flavor, the masa was so bland. I've had much better. I have no doubt their baked goods are delicious, but the tamales need to be improved on.

• Visited December 2012