“Best $59 a night room” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in El Paso
Portales, New Mexico
“Best $59 a night room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Yes. The let by the night also. The longer you stay, the rate gets cheaper. Pillow top bed and flat screen tv. New carpet and very comfortable. Although I reserved a suite on line, they do not have them at the airport location. Only at the west side, or so they told me. The only negative is that the towels are small, but serviceable. They did not provide washcloths and we had to use the dish cloth! The clerks were friendly and if you are on a budget this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are happy to hear that you found your guest room to be comfortable and rates to be affordable. We are also happy to hear that the staf provided you with courteous service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a budget Hotel (My room cost less than $35 for the night) so of course it is not going to be fancy and I wasn't expecting it to be (some people really seem to have ridiculous expectations when it comes to Hotels regardless of the type) I found this Hotel clean, my room was very basic but still comfortable and also well cleaned. The grab and go breakfast was basic but the breakfast bars were really really nice (I went back for seconds and thirds) and for $35 for the night I have absolutely no complaints at all. I stayed here to break up a drive from Vegas to Austin (yes I know a long way) so this was a little bit over the half way mark for me. The Hotel is also very close to a couple of food places and service stations and is conveniently close to the highways and also the airport (if you were needing to use that)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for posting such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our clean hotel rooms and our grab and go breakfast. Also, I am happy to hear that the affordability of our rooms suited your needs. Best wishes on the remaining leg of your trip.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My stay here was pleasant and uneventful.

Pros: The staff is super friendly.
I got this deal through priceline. For the price I paid, the hotel was a very good value.

Cons: The office of the hotel is in the middle of the building. It's a weird setup that makes guest have to search for the front office.
The breakfast area doesn't have a place to sit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Wade - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that our hotel was pleasant and the staff was friendly. Still, please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements.

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I love the comfort provided by this hotel. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet. E Internet was fast, and the staff was very friendly. They have a fully functional kitchenette with plates, silverware, etc-- in short, everything you need. I would definitely recommend it.
(The only bad thing is that the non smoking had a smell of cigarettes, but that's hard to help)

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Alexandra - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the cigarette smell in your room. Still, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed all of our amenities, our friendly staff, how quiet our hotel is and our comfortable beds.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I decided I was NOT going to brave the heat at my place. The a/c was to be replaced the following da at my place.. I got there about 1130pm. My first surprise, the bed! The mattresses were the HARDEST beds I have ever slept on! Even though as a teenager we traveled to Mexico DF and Puebla and we stayed at, what we called the Bedrock Hotel, because the base was made of ROCK! Extended Stays Bed was worse! Then about 3am was awoken by the sound of wheels and lots of noise. This continued on and off until 629am when I finally called front desk. They apologized said a company was in town working and was moving out. Not sure if they if they did anything. I would have been better off braving the heat in the comfort of my own bed, in silence!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not as you expected, with our beds and noise outside the property. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working to replace all of our mattresses to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, please know, we are working to enhance our procedures for handling noise complaints in the future so this will not be a problem again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ELP@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Modesto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a family reunion and had booked a king size nonsmoking room and ended up with the opposite. The room was clean but the out side of the hotel was horribly dirty and someone had urinated in the elevator, I reported this to the front desk agent early in the mornin and went to enjoy my day with family and came back to the hotel later in the evening to find that urine was never cleaned up, very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at our hotel. While I am glad that you found your room to be clean, I am disheartened that part of the hotel and the elevator was unclean. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to revamp our cleaning procedures and am coaching the entire team on how to attend to guests requests in a more timely fashion.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at elp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I got the room on hotwire for a very low rate. Was nervous after reading the reviews but I didn't have any major problems. Bed was comfy and the mattress had a zippered cover which made me feel good about its condition. I wish all hotels used such covers to protect against any unwanted "guests." Sheet had some ink stains so I swapped it out at the front desk. Other fixtures in room were worn, particularly the recliner which I wouldn't sit in. The TV was a flat screen but channel choices were fewer than average and there was static in the reception for some. I liked how the room had been recently painted and the bathroom and kitchen were clean. Location was very convenient to the airport, shopping, restaurants and the freeway. One issue concerning noise. The west side of the building faces some sort of commercial building which had engines roaring continously starting at 730 am on a Saturday. It was extremely loud and I had to use earplugs. Perhaps a room on the other side (lobby) would help avoid this. My AC unit did not produce any bothersome noise and worked very well.

Overall, I would stay again but only for a super low rate but request a room on the lobby side of the building. Also don't forget to bring shampoo! They provide nice soap but no other toiletries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our rooms, new mattresses and the in-room kitchen. As well, I am sorry that your sheets and the recliner were stained. Since your stay, we have replaced the recliner and I am now working with the housekeeping staff to ensure our laundry procedures improve moving forward.

Been to Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport? Share your experiences!