“Nice low-priced option” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Nice low-priced option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My stay here was pleasant and uneventful.

Pros: The staff is super friendly.
I got this deal through priceline. For the price I paid, the hotel was a very good value.

Cons: The office of the hotel is in the middle of the building. It's a weird setup that makes guest have to search for the front office.
The breakfast area doesn't have a place to sit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Wade - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that our hotel was pleasant and the staff was friendly. Still, please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I love the comfort provided by this hotel. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was quiet. E Internet was fast, and the staff was very friendly. They have a fully functional kitchenette with plates, silverware, etc-- in short, everything you need. I would definitely recommend it.
(The only bad thing is that the non smoking had a smell of cigarettes, but that's hard to help)

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Alexandra - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the cigarette smell in your room. Still, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed all of our amenities, our friendly staff, how quiet our hotel is and our comfortable beds.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I decided I was NOT going to brave the heat at my place. The a/c was to be replaced the following da at my place.. I got there about 1130pm. My first surprise, the bed! The mattresses were the HARDEST beds I have ever slept on! Even though as a teenager we traveled to Mexico DF and Puebla and we stayed at, what we called the Bedrock Hotel, because the base was made of ROCK! Extended Stays Bed was worse! Then about 3am was awoken by the sound of wheels and lots of noise. This continued on and off until 629am when I finally called front desk. They apologized said a company was in town working and was moving out. Not sure if they if they did anything. I would have been better off braving the heat in the comfort of my own bed, in silence!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not as you expected, with our beds and noise outside the property. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working to replace all of our mattresses to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, please know, we are working to enhance our procedures for handling noise complaints in the future so this will not be a problem again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ELP@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Modesto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a family reunion and had booked a king size nonsmoking room and ended up with the opposite. The room was clean but the out side of the hotel was horribly dirty and someone had urinated in the elevator, I reported this to the front desk agent early in the mornin and went to enjoy my day with family and came back to the hotel later in the evening to find that urine was never cleaned up, very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at our hotel. While I am glad that you found your room to be clean, I am disheartened that part of the hotel and the elevator was unclean. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to revamp our cleaning procedures and am coaching the entire team on how to attend to guests requests in a more timely fashion.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at elp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I got the room on hotwire for a very low rate. Was nervous after reading the reviews but I didn't have any major problems. Bed was comfy and the mattress had a zippered cover which made me feel good about its condition. I wish all hotels used such covers to protect against any unwanted "guests." Sheet had some ink stains so I swapped it out at the front desk. Other fixtures in room were worn, particularly the recliner which I wouldn't sit in. The TV was a flat screen but channel choices were fewer than average and there was static in the reception for some. I liked how the room had been recently painted and the bathroom and kitchen were clean. Location was very convenient to the airport, shopping, restaurants and the freeway. One issue concerning noise. The west side of the building faces some sort of commercial building which had engines roaring continously starting at 730 am on a Saturday. It was extremely loud and I had to use earplugs. Perhaps a room on the other side (lobby) would help avoid this. My AC unit did not produce any bothersome noise and worked very well.

Overall, I would stay again but only for a super low rate but request a room on the lobby side of the building. Also don't forget to bring shampoo! They provide nice soap but no other toiletries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our rooms, new mattresses and the in-room kitchen. As well, I am sorry that your sheets and the recliner were stained. Since your stay, we have replaced the recliner and I am now working with the housekeeping staff to ensure our laundry procedures improve moving forward.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are clean. Great value for everything you get. Fully stocked kitchen. Full size fridge. Very quite area. Close to airport and shopping. I would highly recommend staying here especially if you are here for a long period of time.

Room Tip: Very quite. Close to airport and shopping
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotels establishment. I'm glad to hear that our fully equipped kitchens were very efficient to you on your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Staying for a few days? Hey, do you miss taking out your own trash, changing your own sheets, washing two forks, spoons, knives, etc. every day? Then this is the place for you! Want coffee in your room everyday? How about clean towels? Well, no problem. Just ask for them at the office every time you need it. Oh, and don't forget to ask for toilet paper, soap, and trash bags. Got dirty towels? Again, no problem! With one of the trash bags you just asked for, you too can gather up all of your soiled towels and sheets and take them to the office. There are essentially no services here unless you go to the front desk and ask. Oh, and do not, under any circumstances, walk on the carpet here without shoes. Seriously. Personally, for a short term stay, I'd pay the extra $10 a day and go someplace that has a refrigerator, microwave, and daily housekeeping services.

Room Tip: Could smell cigarette smoke from either outside or the next room, so ask if there's a non-smokin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure the housekeeping services and amenity policies are mentioned to our guests when booking the reservation and again at check-in moving forward.

Been to Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport? Share your experiences!