“Shabby” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 78 hotels in El Paso
Modesto
“Shabby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a family reunion and had booked a king size nonsmoking room and ended up with the opposite. The room was clean but the out side of the hotel was horribly dirty and someone had urinated in the elevator, I reported this to the front desk agent early in the mornin and went to enjoy my day with family and came back to the hotel later in the evening to find that urine was never cleaned up, very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at our hotel. While I am glad that you found your room to be clean, I am disheartened that part of the hotel and the elevator was unclean. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to revamp our cleaning procedures and am coaching the entire team on how to attend to guests requests in a more timely fashion.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at elp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I got the room on hotwire for a very low rate. Was nervous after reading the reviews but I didn't have any major problems. Bed was comfy and the mattress had a zippered cover which made me feel good about its condition. I wish all hotels used such covers to protect against any unwanted "guests." Sheet had some ink stains so I swapped it out at the front desk. Other fixtures in room were worn, particularly the recliner which I wouldn't sit in. The TV was a flat screen but channel choices were fewer than average and there was static in the reception for some. I liked how the room had been recently painted and the bathroom and kitchen were clean. Location was very convenient to the airport, shopping, restaurants and the freeway. One issue concerning noise. The west side of the building faces some sort of commercial building which had engines roaring continously starting at 730 am on a Saturday. It was extremely loud and I had to use earplugs. Perhaps a room on the other side (lobby) would help avoid this. My AC unit did not produce any bothersome noise and worked very well.

Overall, I would stay again but only for a super low rate but request a room on the lobby side of the building. Also don't forget to bring shampoo! They provide nice soap but no other toiletries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our rooms, new mattresses and the in-room kitchen. As well, I am sorry that your sheets and the recliner were stained. Since your stay, we have replaced the recliner and I am now working with the housekeeping staff to ensure our laundry procedures improve moving forward.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly. Rooms are clean. Great value for everything you get. Fully stocked kitchen. Full size fridge. Very quite area. Close to airport and shopping. I would highly recommend staying here especially if you are here for a long period of time.

Room Tip: Very quite. Close to airport and shopping
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotels establishment. I'm glad to hear that our fully equipped kitchens were very efficient to you on your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Staying for a few days? Hey, do you miss taking out your own trash, changing your own sheets, washing two forks, spoons, knives, etc. every day? Then this is the place for you! Want coffee in your room everyday? How about clean towels? Well, no problem. Just ask for them at the office every time you need it. Oh, and don't forget to ask for toilet paper, soap, and trash bags. Got dirty towels? Again, no problem! With one of the trash bags you just asked for, you too can gather up all of your soiled towels and sheets and take them to the office. There are essentially no services here unless you go to the front desk and ask. Oh, and do not, under any circumstances, walk on the carpet here without shoes. Seriously. Personally, for a short term stay, I'd pay the extra $10 a day and go someplace that has a refrigerator, microwave, and daily housekeeping services.

Room Tip: Could smell cigarette smoke from either outside or the next room, so ask if there's a non-smokin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure the housekeeping services and amenity policies are mentioned to our guests when booking the reservation and again at check-in moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ELP@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Winnetka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was dissapointed. There was no ice machines. The grab and go breakfast needs to be improved. I didn't like the idea of bringing my dirty towels down in order to get new towels. I felt I payed too much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Maribel - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know, that we do provide housekeeping on a weekly basis to guests staying with us for 7-days or more. For in between service or guests staying for fewer night, we do offer housekeeping for a minimal extra fee. Otherwise, we will be happy to refresh your linens and towels when you bring them to the front desk for exchange. I apologize if this message was not communicated to you at check-in and will work to ensure it is moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at elp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I stayed for 4 days, 3 nights. The location is very nice and close to many restaurants as well as the airport and military post. Only things I did not enjoy was the "grab and go breakfast" which is a coffee and fruit as well as the no every day cleaning of the room, in order to get fresh towels and sheets I had to keep going to the main office to get them. Overall, it's a great hotel for the small amount you pay.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location and your overall visit. Still, I'm sorry to hear that your needs were not satisfied with our housekeeping services. Please know, that while our policy is to provide cleaning once a week for guests who are staying with us 7 days or more, guests can request additional services for a minimal fee. I will work with the staff to ensure this message is being communicated better at check-in moving forward.

Marion, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

From beginning to end everything went well from check in to check out. The staff was respectful and considerate and the property was clean and nice. I would very much so check out a room here once again. The rooms were very neat clean and had everything I needed. Basically this room was a 10 on a scale of 1-10. The people in other rooms were never a problem . Finding this location was never a problem. Wanting to come back was never a problem. Etc. Also the price's for such a room are not that bad either. $75.00 for one person per night and $85.00 for two people per night seems to me to be very fair. I would choose this motel before choosing most other motels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Lonnie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean and quiet room as well as the location of our hotel. It is also rewarding to hear that our staff provided you with excellent customer service, making your stay even better.

Been to Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport? Share your experiences!