“"GREAT HOTEL AND GREAT FOOD"” 4 of 5 stars

Quality Inn & Suites El Paso
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6099 Montana Avenue, El Paso, TX 79925   |
Ranked #43 of 79 hotels in El Paso
Lubbock, Texas
“"GREAT HOTEL AND GREAT FOOD"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When in El Paso visiting family or family functions, my family and I really like this hotel. It is located in the center of town and is close to many wonderful places, including Bassett Place. (Bassett Center when I was a kid). The staff is very friendly and housekeeping is really wonderful. I really enjoy the breakfast buffett that includes real mexican favorites that cannot be recreated in Lubbock. (Chilaquiles, Chicarrones and Real Mexican made Oatmeal.) The beds in the hotel are very comfortable and rooms all come with fridges and microwaves. A must!! Will definately return when in El Paso ("El Chuco")

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wiggins, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff are very friendly and courteous. The room is huge and clean, beds are comfortable. The swimming pool is very nice size with a depth of 9ft. There is a restaurant and lounge on the property too. The only problem, if you could call it a problem, was the bathroom was rather small. My youngest son and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting with my oldest son who had a day pass before deploying to Afghanistan. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for a good nice clean place to stay at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: the non-smoking rooms are the best, being on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I moved across country to El Paso and we chose this hotel once we got here on a Thursday afternoon. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and immediately made sure we got the best military discount possible. He quickly checked us in for five days and assured us that if we were unable to find a home by then we could easily extend our stay. He told us about all the amenities of the hotel, including free wi fi, a fabulous pool that is 9ft deep, complimentary breakfast, and even a place to print out documents for free. We needed to add on an extra day and it was simple and quick to do. The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. It had a mini fridge and microwave and some great additional furniture. All staff that we encountered were very friendly and always greeted us with a smile. The only negative thing I will say is that the shower quality is no that best. The temperature is hit or miss and would change mid shower. I also had to rush my shower as the drain wasn't that efficient. Despite that, I still believe this hotel is a winner. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone in the El Paso area. There is three fast food restaurants with in walking distance, a gas station next door, and many businesses all around. The hotel is really in a great location. We never tried the breakfast but we did eat at the Mexican restaurant attached to the hotel. It was very delicious and that staff was equally friendly. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

When I arrived 2 days early as I didn't really know how long the travel time would be I arrived in the Lobby and could not see anyone at the desk. To my surprise there was a GSR SITTING on a stool. The first impression was bad. I felt like I was bothering her to do her job! I already had a rez for Tuesday through Friday in a standard double room. I told her I arrived 2 days early and asked if she could add it to my rez for Tuesday. After a heavey sigh, she said she did not have a standard room available for the additional 2 nights, but she had a Suite available of course at a higher rate. At that point I didn't care as I had been on the road for 26 hours traveling from WI. ! She notified me we would have to move rooms on Tuesday. I then went to the computor in the Lobby and went on line to find out there was in fact a standard double room available at the same rate I had for the Tuesday through Friday rez?? I printed it out, showed her and demanded the same rate gaurante. She said it was a computer gliche and they really didn't have that room available??? I demanded she call her MNGR (Andy) Thank You Andy!! He put us in the SUITE for all the nights at the rate quoted for the standard. I was very pleased with Andy although I never did meet him LOL. The room we had was exceptionally clean kudos to Housekeeping! What impressed me the most was the Customer Service of the Housekeepers and the Restuarant Staff. They all greeted us daily with a smile and always asked if we needed anything. They made our stay the best! They should be teaching the Front Desk staff about REAL customer service! I must say that Scott was the only friendly and accomodating person at the FD. Thank You Scott. The pool was exceptional! We as well as other guests were allowed to stay in the area until about 11:00pm when the Maintenance Man POLITELY let us know it was time to leave. They were also great! I would recomend this hotel to anyone who wants a Very Clean and Friendly place with the exception of the FD lady. THANK YOU ANDY!

Room Tip: Room #138, 2 room suite, quiet and conveniently located.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stay over 100 nights annually in hotels and I can always find many ittems wrong at each hotel, except this one. From check in to check out everything was perfect. The personnel are some of the friendliest I'v encountered. The rooms are spacious, clean and well stocked. Everything in the room was in working order, which is rare. The grounds were super clean, the pool sparkling. The complimentary full breakfast buffet was unbelieveable. You will be extremely satisfied with your stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night on a cross country drive. This is a very well kept older facility with good service and a great breakfast. The breakfast offers gringo food as well as locally flavored options. You park in front of your room motel style. The place has a one story section and a two story section. We would again choose the one story option. Rooms are spacious, beds are fine, shower updated and fine. Would do this again especially with our dog.

• Stayed May 2012
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

1960's style construction with those huge floor to ceiling windows. Beds have been upgraded as have the linens. Very comfortable. Bathrooms are small but workable. AC was of the Old Skool variety but worked like a hose. Bottom line is that the room while a little worn, are comfortable.

Front desk staff are awesome. Always very attentive and want to help. Another thing this hotel features not usually found at a Choice Hotels Property is a restaurant where you'll find your free breakfast. It's a buffet and very extensive. Nice touch.

Great location to the rest of the city is also a big plus. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites El Paso? Share your experiences!