“Simple food - GREAT TASTE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #168 of 1,248 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
“Simple food - GREAT TASTE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Getting through El Paso and not stopping at Chico's tacos is like a December without Chirstmas. Order a double with fries so you can dip the crinkle cut fries into the cheesy sauce at the end. The Chicos sauce is unmistakeable and always flavorful. The green salsa served on request is so good that you'll want to take some home for adding to your food another time. Burgers and hot dogs are offered too but why do that? Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Texas
“Quick inexpensive meal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just happen to love their tacos as well as the burritos. The service is quick for in and outs and the price is right.

Visited January 2013
Midway, Georgia
“We were too sober...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had heard from several locals that this was a must-eat in El Paso. Finally, with some extended family in tow, we gave it a try. The "tacos" are just crunchy, rolled taquitos floating in watery, red sauce. The burritos weren't bad. I think the real problem was that we were too sober. I could possibly see myself craving this again after a long night of partying. Glad we tried it once and checked off that box.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
El Paso Texas
“Greasy, sloppy, heaven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

A popular El Paso establishment. You even can attend parties with chico tacos cakes! I found it greasy and even nasty. Cash only. Always crowded, but even after living on the border for more than 50 years, I cannot understand the attraction. It's all a matter of grease, where you can get it, why you need it--and of course, green chili and cheese. It's heaven for some, but not for me.

Elephant Butte, New Mexico
“El Paso Fast Food At It's Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have to have my Chico's tacos fix at least monthly and have done so for over 30 years. I always get an order of Tacos and a jumbo cheese burger. The tacos are different from any tacos you have ever eaten. They are actually taquitos in a tomato chili sauce/soup and topped with cheese. The tacos are awesome and the hamburger is good also. It seems like most El Pasoans love Chico's but you will find those that won't eat there. If you are going for the atmosphere don't bother as it is always busy and the place can look dirty. If I ever leave this place I'm pretty sure I will go through Chicos Tacos withdrawal symptoms. If you have never tried them you are missing out.

• Visited January 2013