“Restful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Flippin, Arkansas
“Restful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I booked this hotel thinking a three hour drive home from the airport would be too much, and it's a good thing I did. Our plane was about an hour and a half late so I was very glad to stay overnight before driving home. When I arrived at the hotel, the clerk knew my name before I could tell him. I had prepaid so he had our reservation and was looking for us. The room was quiet and clean. The hotel is well decorated. The breakfast room was clean and inviting, and the breakfast itself was good with many offerings. If I could make one suggestion, it would be for the hotel to change the way it provides cereal to clients. Instead of filling a dispenser with cereal, the individual serving boxes would be better. This would allow greater choice for customers and would insure that the cereal is always fresh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnWLR, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at our hotel. Your review helps myself, my staff, and other potential customers. If your travels ever bring you back to Little Rock, I hope you will stay with us again. Around November 2012, we will have completed our full interior renovation. This full renovation will upgrade all 69 guest rooms with brand new furniture & lamps, granite vanities, 40-inch LCD televisions, and so much more! Our guests are very important to us so we will continue to do what we can to make them more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you!

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lacygne, Ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed at this Comfort Inn 2 nights while visiting Little Rock. It was not the easiest place to find and there was road construction at the exit, but once we got there we found it was an easy place to have as our base. The staff was very friendly at check-in. I had reserved the room online ahead of time so check-in was very quick and easy. We found our room (a suite) to be very clean. It was also very quiet which was great. There were snacks available in the evening such as microwave popcorn,peanuts, and chips and salsa. The breakfast was very good-a pretty wide variety of choices and the breakfast rooms were very clean and bright. I would stay here again and, in fact, recommended it to friends who were on vacation and decided to stay here.

Room Tip: Although it is very close to the interstate, we did not hear any traffic in our room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I appreicate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your comments are greatly valued by myself and my staff--they help us do our job better! We try our hardest to please our guests; anything we can do to make your stay more pleasurable is our duty. Your recommendations to other friends and family is extremely appreciated. The best form of advertising is word of mouth! I hope we will see you again in the future. Thank you!
Horn Lake, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This was my first overnight stay in Little Rock but it was my second visit. The front desk clerk was very friendly and really helpful. He offered me directions to near by shopping outlets and malls. This hotel was a little hard to find, its behind Candlewood Suites and Motel 6. When I got off the elevator to the second floor and made a right around the corner..you could feel heat (June 3, 2012 its mild..not hot). It was cooler outside than the temperature in the hallway, thank goodness the air conditioner in the room worked. Other than that, the hotels was great. The room included a sitting area, and I didn't expect that because I booked the room by phone and didn't have a clue what the room looked it. After hours, you have to use your room key to access the hotel's front door, that was a plus ...knowing that I was secure in the middle of the night. The room rate was more than I expected to pay, it was a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to review my hotel at the end of your stay. Your comments and suggestions are very beneficial to myself and my staff. We were in the process of replacing the hallway air conditioning units during the week you stayed here. They have now been replaced and the hallways are nice and chilly. If your travels ever bring you back to Little Rock; I hope you will choose Comfort Inn West as your hotel of choice. Around November 2012, we will be newly renovated with all 69 rooms good-as-new. These upgrades will include (but not limited to): brand new furniture & lamps, new wall vinyl, 40-inch LCD televisions, granite vanities, and so much more! Thank you!
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were in Little Rock for a family wedding and booked several rooms at this hotel. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed, and the bathroom is large with plenty of counter space. The beds are very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower is excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they really care about pleasing the guest. The free continental breakfast is better than most. The location is convenient to shopping, restaurants and the interstate. This would have been a 5 star review if the hotel had non-smoking floors, or better yet, was entirely smoke free. Our rooms were non-smoking, but as soon as we stepped off the elevator there was the foul smell of cigar smoke in the hallway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel at the conclusion of your stay. Your comments and time are greatly appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Inn West. We try our hardest to please our guests--without our guests, we would be out of business! We hope to see you again in the future.
Florence, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean. Decor is a little outdated, but all we really care about is that everything is clean. FREE HOT BREAKFAST is a major plus. Very good too.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated by myself and my staff. The decor is definitely out-dated; thus, we are undergoing a full interior renovation. This full renovation will be completed around November 2012 and all 69 guest rooms will be good-as-new. These new upgrades will include brand new furniture, granite vanities, 40" LCD TVs, new wall vinyl, and so much more! I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My wife and kids were going to be in Little Rock for the holidays visiting family. We searched many hotels in the Little Rock area but loved how clean and nice this Comfort Inn seemed to be. Despite the prior comments left here, this was an excellent value and seemed extremely clean! Much to our surprise it was just that! Fresh baked cookies upon our arrival.. Sure it is a little older, but you can tell they have kept up with it. New beds and carpet make this place! On top of that, they serve fresh scrambled eggs with sausage links daily, biscuits and gravy and those outstanding waffles. My kids couldn't wait to get those every morning! Staff was excellent and very friendly. I just felt this hotel deserved a little better review. They are really a hidden gem.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
ComfortInnWLR, General Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your evening with us. The Comfort Inn West staff hopes to see you again soon!
Memphis, TN USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Location was good as we wanted to be near Baptist Medical Center, and looked ok, and room was clean, etc., but noise was terrible. We could hear every step over us, and squeaky bedsprings too. I like ChoiceHotels' chain, but do NOT stay in this one if you want to get any sleep.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
The management team at Comfort Inn West thanks you for your business and for sharing your experience. I was happy to learn how much you enjoyed our location and rooms. However, I was disappointed to learn about the noise issue. I want to assure you that we are undergoing renovations that will give the entire interior of the hotel a new look and feel. Please give us another try in a couple of months. We hope to host you again.

Been to Comfort Inn West? Share your experiences!