“Great location. Walk around town.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #19 of 57 hotels in Little Rock
Tahoe
“Great location. Walk around town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice property. A little dated. Good bar (Stella on draft is bonus). Biggest perk is central location right on the river in downtown Little Rock. City is working on a big facelift and Bill & Hillary are certainly helping.

• Stayed August 2013

562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Arkansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for a yellow ribbon event. This hotel was so very nice. They have staff that helps with carrying your luggage to your room. River view rooms. Very yummy room service. All of the staff was friendly. Enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I take my Hotel stay very seriously and believe that customer service is not an option. I wanted to give your Hotel 4 stars, but was unable to do so. It is simply because of your housekeeping staff. My bed sheets were not changed on the third day like stated on the card. I even set the card on the bed. Additionally, every morning I was awaken to housekeeping joking and laughing outside of my door. I even know that you all had a staff meeting and one of the items discussed was that they must where undergarments. I shouldn't know that! Also the gym was out of towels. To me this all goes to the Housekeeping staff. But what was the worst was that I used the bathroom in the lobby and there was no soap and when I told Brittany, she simply stated that you all were out. I was shocked! How can an entire hotel be out of soap? The fortunate part of your hotel is the other staff. The front desk was friendly, the bartenders were great! Especially Tom. He knew everything about the history of England and it was perfect timing with the birth of the new prince. He is also the one that got the Housekeeping manager to bring down soap for the bathroom. Additionally, the shuttle drivers were exceptional! I can't say enough about how accommodating they were. Larry, Curtis and Mike made my stay worthwhile. It is unfortunate that these services and the staff have to suffer in the ratings because your housekeeping staff needs a serious overhaul. I hope you take a long look at each member of that team and see who is bringing down that department.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems your experienced. The issues you discussed are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay, and I am sorry this did not occur.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Springdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is the best in downtown. You can park underneath the hotel in the parking garage and the hotel elevators take you from the garage to the lobby. The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is responsible and friendly. I am in Little Rock once or twice each month and this is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This property in downtown Little Rock was better than we anticipated. If you have a car it's self-parking in the below ground garage - no charge if you get your ticket validated at the front desk before you leave.

The lobby is inviting and spacious and immediately we were greeted by the engaging front desk staff that offered us water and cookies. They not only honored my top floor, concierge level room preference but gave us a quiet, end of the hall corner room with a balcony overlooking downtown - thank you. The room was one of the largest we've had at any Hilton property and was unusually appointed with decorative wallpaper in the bathroom and living area. The negatives, however, were with the room's housekeeping & maintenance. For example, the balcony and picture window looking out on to the balcony and downtown skyline was very dirty and appeared it hadn't been cleaned in quite some time, several wallpaper seams were in need of repair, the bathroom had no exhaust fan, there was no refrigerator and you had to literally run the water 15+ minutes to get hot water up to the 14th floor. This was disappointing considering the 5 star potential of a room with such a great location and overall look and feel.

We did eat dinner at the bar (restaurant was closed so they were serving dinner at the bar) and had one of the best meals we had on our entire trip. We did not take advantage of any other hotel services including the concierge floor amenities - free evening mgr. reception and breakfast in the morning - but the breakfast looked great as we stopped by for coffee. Next time we'll have to try it.

Overall, a very nice property that I would not hesitate to book again especially if they put more attention on the condition of the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I got the impression that everyone working at the Doubletree Hotel wanted to make sure that we had a great experience there. That's a good place to start. Furnishings in the rooms, lobby, fitness center and meeting rooms were excellent. The room was tastefully decorated, but I wish there had been a mini-refrigerator. There were very nice touches in the room, such as a granite-lined shower/bath. The bed was very comfortable, noticeably so. The restaurant was very nice, and when my wife had to wait an hour after checking out, they made her feel welcome to stay in the restaurant, even after they closed in mid-afternoon to prepare for supper. That is just old-fashioned good service.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask for the Concierge level, 14th floor.