“After reading reviews, I was a little nervous” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #19 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
“After reading reviews, I was a little nervous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I depend on TripAdvisor and saw some very bad reviews after scheduling two different stays on our way to and from Galveston, but both times were just fine. Room was spacious and clean. After driving through horrid weather, we decided to stay in and eat. My husband loved his seafood gumbo, and my chicken with olives, sundries tomatoes and artichokes was very good. Service was quick, efficient and very pleasant. I would stay and eat here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The assistant manager did not seem to care if the customer was getting what they wanted or not. He told us the room we requested was booked Friday night, but he would call our room later and let us know if it was available Saturday. He also told us he would have a refrigerator sent to our room and it was not sent. I called back down latter and a refrigerator was sent, but the asst. manager never put in the request, nor did he call to let us know if the room was available.
The lobby was full of very upset people who had been waiting hours for their rooms that had been requested months in advance. A little sense of urgency and concern on the part of the management and staff would have gone a long way in settling the guest.
We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and never had a problem, but this was not a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Please know that your business in incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

They didn't do what they promised. Very disappointed. I will not stay there again. The rooms weren't ready several hours after check-in time. This is the second time this hotel has done this. Hotel staff didn't care about our concerns.

• Stayed March 2013
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am an event planner and have planned many large and small events at the DoubleTree Hotel for many years. The customer service and attention to detail I receive there is outstanding! Everything is always first class and the staff does an excellent job making sure I have everything I need and in place for my clients' events. Kelly Gee and Karen Dunne go above and beyond to help me make all of my events successful. Chef does an excellent job making sure the menu is perfect. As an event planner, I need to know I can feel confident about an event and the DoubleTree staff never lets me down. From the Sales and Catering staff, to the banquet staff, to the bellhop, I am treated with respect and made to feel like they all enjoy working with me. It seems everyone there is willing to give a hand. They make my job so much easier and all my clients have been completely satisfied with the hotel.The food is wonderful and the sleeping rooms are great for out of town guests. I would highly recommend the DoubleTree for any kind of event large or small and to anyone who is visiting Little Rock.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Me and my wife decided to go to Little Rock for our 12th anniversary. We stayed at this Double Tree Hotel and that was a HUGE mistake! Our reservations were made over 2 months in advance, and when we arrived after 3pm to check in we were told rooms were not ready and they were behind. After checking back several times...patiently, we were able to check in at almost 6pm!!!!!! We then had to rush to get ready for dinner. With little time, we decided to eat in the Hotel's grille downstairs. HUGE mistake #2! The service was good in the restaraunt but the appetizers, (crabcakes) had an odor and within 30 minutes of finishing our meal, we were in the restroom passing dinner. We went out and found some entertainment and eventually returned to our room for the night. We set a wakeup call in order to make breakfast in time....Our room was not called! We got ready and left this ridiculously-run hotel for good and got breakfast elsewhere. Well....3 days LATER, there is a $35.29 charge on our bank statement from the Double Tree..(this is in addition to the regular room and dinner charges we were expecting). After calling the Hotel, they explained that this is a customary "debit card hold fee" which should "drop off" of our account in 3-5 business days. We were NOT aware of such a policy..Yet another way this Hotel has disappointed us!!!

Room Tip: don't stay at the Double Tree in Little Rock...period!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our hotel. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you're in town.
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I hardly know where to begin with the terrible experience at Double Tree. We got to Little Rock a little early but the hotel had no early check in which was fine we took the trolly amd came back at 3:20pm only for them to tell me that a room would not be ready till atleast 5pm. When i askd why they told me they are behind on cleaning? The guys at the front desk were very rude.The warm "free" cookies at check in that did not happen either. The elevators took for ever to get on we took the steps most of the time to get my parents room two floors down. The elevators were hot and smelled. Our hotel room did not have clean towels they were out but would bring me some as soon as they cleaned some more. Empty shampoo bottles in the shower left over from the last occupant in the room. The hotel was having a Adult swingers conference so the hotel was NOT kid friendly at all. In the elevator my 13 year old son asked a guy why is name tag said Cuddlebear69 then i had to try and explain the noise in the other hotel room. The hotel would not move us to a new room. So i had them sleep in my parents hotel room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appriciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you're in town.
Bryant, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We made reservations almost 6 months in advance and was told it was no problem securing a room on a floor that i requested and then when i got there they said i couldn't have a room on that floor. Then had to wait two hours before room was ready . I understand this is a non smoking hotel and the smoking area to outside is on the 4th floor ...but when they keep the door locked so you can't get to it ...well that is just wrong.... the staff was rude and the managment was no better. We use this location for large events often and they will be losing our buisness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found our staff members to be unfriendly and rude towards you. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this prand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!