“Great location in Little Rock, pretty standard business hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points Package
Ranked #20 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location in Little Rock, pretty standard business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

When in Little Rock on personal time, I usually try to stay at the Embassy Suites a bit on the edge of town, where rooms/suites are larger and there is a great breakfast (free.) On business, where location matters more, I sometimes stay here. I'm elite with HHonors so hoped for an upgrade, but didn't get one. The rooms are pretty small overall -- what you would expect in a New York City hotel, a bit on the small side for Little Rock.

The restaurant was closed on a Sunday night (and so were nearby restaurants downtown) so I did room service, which was fine. I was hoping for Showtime, which now has the best lineup by far on Sunday nights (Homeland, Dexter) but they have HBO instead. (Memo to Hilton/Doubletree execs: Showtime is the better channel if you are going to get one these days, and has been for a few years.)

Parking is a bit of a hassle. They forget to validate my parking (which you pay for) so it took 10 minutes to do it after trying to leave the garage once and I nearly missed my flight. Still, overall, I would rate this as a typical middle-tier business hotel. If you have stayed at Doubletree before, it won't be much different than what you experienced at other hotels in the chain. For a number of reasons, I prefer this hotel to the Peabody, though that is not a bad alternative and next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Little Rock on our way to Fayetteville for the LSU-Arkansas football game. The room was quiet and comfortable. The view we had outside our room was awesome! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is the least convenient to downtown attractions of all the hotels in downtown little rock. I reserved a VIP room on the top floor, a corner location. The room was small, cold and drab. The next morning I had to wait 45 minutes for hot water. Parking is an additional $9 per night.

Room Tip: Reserve online to get the room of your choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your stay and the water temperature during your stay. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed, but we're sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. I want to apologize that your stay wasn't as expected. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another chance the next time you return to the area.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

these hotels are pretty standard, which is good and bad. Quiet, comfortable rooms - I had a lovely view of the river. Good location - downtown Little Rock, walking distance from the conference center and the Clinton Library/Museum. They had a not-bad (albeit limited - the only cooked vegetable they offered was spinach and I had a taste for broccoli) on-site restaurant. Parking was CHEAP for a downtown hotel ($9/day.)The staff was very helpful and friendly. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel with friends. I chose it because of it's location and I got a great rate on priceline. It is right next to the river walk and walking distance to fun restaurants and shops. I didn't know you had to request a non-smoking room, but they were able to switch me anyway. I didn't use any hotel facilities but the room was new and nice and clean. I enjoyed the free wireless. Parking was $9 per night, but included in and out privileges.

Room Tip: You can have a street view or a river view. River view would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We look forward to your return stay with us.
Fort Smith, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

In the remodeled rooms the bathtub has been replaced by a large stand-up shower. The shower head is of the rain-type, but lacks a pulsating spray option that would have made it easier to rinse the hair. There is no apparent ventilation in the bathroom, the place where the exhaust fan used to be having been boarded up. I missed getting a soak in a hot bath.
Aside from the bathroom, the room was visually attractive and the bed was comfortable, though I detected odors that indicated a need for some extra cleaning. I stayed two nights, but my room was never made up. One of the coffee cups was dirty when I arrived. Fresh cups were sent after I called the Care Line. New since I stayed last year is a $5 per day parking fee for guests. In the past parking for guests was complimentary.
I guess the hotel is cutting corners to save money. You won't feel pampered, and you should probably bring your own breakfast (the restaurant is slow and expensive), but it is next to the convention center.

Room Tip: The river view is nice from the rooms on that side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We're sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. During our last renovation all of our king bedded rooms were changed to have showers only. We have addressed the matter of your room not being made up with our rooms division manager. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying here and we hope you'll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I am from Arkansas and stay in the river market often, this is my first stay at the double tree and it will be my last. Upon check in we were promised a roll away bed would arrive around 6 we went to dinner and came back and it had never been recieved...we called and they said they were out. Where very rude about the whole situation, said there was nothing they could do but would contact room service and bring us extra blankets, which never arrived so we called again finally by 11:30 we gave up. Never again will I stay at a double tree property the only thing they have going for them is good cookies...

• Stayed November 2012
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am sorry the hotel did not provide the roll away bed that we promise we would deliver to your room along with the extra blankets. This is not the normal level of service that we provide our guests. I have forwarded your comments to our Rooms Division Manager who is over the front desk and housekeeping so he can address this matter with his staff. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for telling us so we can better train our staff.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!