“Perfect place to stay if you're flying!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Clarksville, AR
“Perfect place to stay if you're flying!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here last week when we were flying out EARLY for a getaway. We chose this Holiday Inn mainly because it has a restaurant inside, and I knew it was clean (as opposed to another hotel I've stayed in on the airport exit).
They seem to have upgraded the hotel a bit since the last time I was there. This hotel has been here for a while, but don't let that discourage you, as it is clean and a good value.

Location:
There couldn't be a better location if you're planning on flying out, or if you're flying in and ready for some shut-eye. It's located across the interstate bridge from the airport and literally takes 2 minutes to get from one to the other.

Parking/Shuttle:
Here's another plus if you are flying. We live a couple of hours from the airport, and we like to fly out early when we go on trips, so it's easier to stay at a hotel rather than wake up at the crack of darkness and hope we don't have a flat or something on the way to the airport.
You can park your vehicle here for the duration of your trip (up to a week or so I think), for $10, and the shuttle to/from the airport starts at 4:00 AM. We ended up paying less to stay here and park in their lot than if we would have parked at the airport alone. Also, the extended parking is well lit. We had no security related problems.

General:
Our room was very clean and in good order. The bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of room. I think my favorite part of the room was that instead of the normal crappy coffee and coffee pot that you normally find in an average priced hotel, the rooms here have a Keurig machine with some pretty good coffee!!! They even have real packs of creamer, as opposed to powder.

I definately recommend this hotel. I couldn't find anything wrong with the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the long term parking, request a room around back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

In a world where you get what you pay for, the Holiday Inn Little Rock Airport demonstrates that in spades.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient enough off the East-West I-30/40 corridor (the crossroads of Little Rock, just a hop skip and a jump from the authentically Arkansan town of Arkadelphia, which is more Arkansas than it is Philadelphia).

There are no outside windows in this hotel, which is as odd as it sounds.

- wifi was acceptable, maybe upgraded since some of the reviews; perhaps management listens?
- Keurig in the room.. Brilliant touch at this class level hotel, being that coffee choices seem limited in the area.
- front desk staff appeared cheerfully exhausted upon morning checkout - friendly, but not particularly attentive.
- FYI, on the Hotwire rate this was booked, the breakfast buffet was $9.99.. We chose to skip.
- plenty of complimentary copies of the Wall St Journal or USA Today are available for you to awkwardly peruse over coffee with you new found special companion..

Overall, this hotel serves its purpose... Nothing more nothing less.

• Stayed June 2013
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are thrilled that you took the time to write positive things about our amenities. However, I'm sorry that your room was located on the atrium side of our hotel, which was not to your liking. Over half of our hotel rooms do have a wonderful outdoor view from the large window. Your comments about not getting a room with a great view have led us to initiate a policy of asking which window our guests prefer. Believe it or not, there are some people that ask for the inside hall, although I think I agree with you - I like to see an outdoor view instead of an atrium view.

Hopefully since the location was good for your travels, you will give us another chance to serve you better. Arkadelphia, as you said, is only a short drive away.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My 10 year old and I stayed one night at what appeared like a brand new hotel given room 127. It was a great value for $67 with complimentary parking and wireless. Breakfast was $9.95 per person for the buffet, which we skipped and instead opted for the Waffle House across the street. The only thing I missed not having in the room was a refrigerator...and a window. As a Priceline customer, I understand that full price customers may be assigned the better rooms. However, I don't understand being assigned a virtually windowless room where 2/3 of the view is the sky and the other 1/3 is the stacks of HVAC on the roof. It felt like a half-basement hotel. We were initially assigned to room 217, but the key cards did not work and we had to go back down to the lobby with our luggage. After seeing 127, I wished that our key cards had worked on the second floor. The Boston Gourmet Pizza in the hotel had good food, but less than desirable service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel on May 17 of this year. My first impression of the hotel was poor; the front desk attendant behaved as if my presence inconvenienced him. He couldn't be bothered to get out of his seat until it was time to hand over the room key.

My next stop was my room, which was hot and stiflingly humid. For some reason, despite the fact that the hotel was nowhere near full occupancy, the attendant assigned a hearing-impaired room to me. What if a hearing-impaired person actually needed the room? I dropped my bags, then proceeded to the hotel's restaurant, Boston's, to place a carryout order. When I arrived, I expected to see a host/hostess, but there was none present. I walked to the bar and asked whether i could place my order there. The friendly bartender instructed me to place my order with the hostess, who slowly shuffled back to the front.

Just as with the front desk attendant, the hostess was indifferent; she had no interest in taking my order. I gave up on her, so I went back to the bar; the bartender was sympathetic and took my order. Once I returned to my room, I noticed that my steamed broccoli was still in a plastic bag marked with the day of the week (but not the date) on which it was prepared.

I walked down to the vending/ice area with ice bucket in hand; I was unprepared for what I would see next: A large amount of mold growing in and around the drain of the ice machine. It appeared as if the hotel neglected to clean the machine for a significant period of time. Naturally, I elected not to take or use ice from the machine.

I wondered aloud: If the hotel missed such a glaring problem, what else did they miss? I did my best to touch as little as possible in the room.

The next morning, I was looking forward to a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, the coffee maker was very close to the toilet and there was a long, dark hair in the water reservoir (mine is short and light).

I did meet one pleasant staff member - the front desk attendant at the time I checked out. She was actually very friendly!

Although this hotel is very convenient due to its proximity to the airport, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear JSt1984,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here May 28th and had a great experience. We booked thru the Priceline site and did an Express deal so we got the room for $51! When we got the the hotel to check in we were treated by Amber. She was happy to help me find an accessible room since I had a elec. wheelchair. She even called maintenance to go check and make sure it had a roll in shower. She was happy to answer all our questions too. When we got to our room it was very nice. Not outdated at all. The bathroom was HUGE! There was a small shelf in the bathroom with all kinds of little extras like a shoe buffer, a grooming kit, shower cap, and lots of soap, shampoo, and conditioner. The room had a nice Kruieg coffee maker and lots of free HBO channels. For dinner we went down to the in hotel restaurant called Boston's. it was awesome. The waitress, Tia, was great and the food was really good. We had pizza that was amazing and our kids had spaghetti and meatballs. The kids even got the choice of having special drinks like Shirley Temples and sour apple soda as their free drinks. All the staff there and at the hotel were real nice! At breakfast there was lots to choose from at the breakfast buffet that was included free with our Priceline package. Some adult guests didn't get free breakfast but I don't know where they booked from. But I do think kids are free no matter what. Both the restaurant and the breakfast wasn't very busy but I liked that aspect myself. It really is super close to the Airport and the freeway with practically no traffic so getting on and off was super easy. Our destination was downtown but our drive there was a breeze too! I will absolutely stay here again!!! No question! :)

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kennett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was very clean. The bedding was decent so we slept well here. The wireless was just okay (down 1, up 750). I'm not sure it would have been good enough for business use. (We were here just to fly out early the next morning.) The porter helped us with the baggage. The ribs on the concierge floor in the evening along with the wine was an unexpected treat. The ribs were actually very good, and we live in BBQ country! There were two doors to our room which seems like an odd design. We kept the fan on the AC on to reduce any hallway noise and, therefore, did not hear any. Parking is $10 flat if you fly regardless of the number of days you're gone on your trip. The folks at the front desk are pleasant and efficient. The room was a good size for two people. We didn't eat breakfast here or use their exercise facilities. They picked us up promptly at the airport on our return from our trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while traveling across the country with my two cats. This hotel charges a non-refundable $25 pet fee which is a very good value since Marriott hotels charge $100. This hotel had extremely helpful staff and they helped me get a room near a main door on the first floor. I had to carry in the cats in two individual cat-carriers, plus my suitcase, so this was a real benefit not to walk to far to my room. I'd definitely stay at this clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff that takes pets!

Room Tip: There is a limited choice of nearby restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo