“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Ottumwa
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I usually stay next door at the HIE, but due to weather problems, it was fully booked, so I was directed to this hotel. The rooms are definitely nicer than the ones next door, but breakfast is not included, and the continental breakfast I purchased was very disappointing. Other than the disappointing breakfast, this is a very clean and quiet hotel with friendly staff.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to stay with excellent access to the airport. The staff has always been extremely helpful and provided any assistance I have required. The rooms are quiet, beds are comfortable and everything was quite nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here on 2/18 and 2/28 2013 both nights it was a very pleasant stay.The building and rooms are very clean and quiet and all the employees went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.There is nothing like a friendly smile after a long unpleasant flight. I dealt with Rachelle Moore and i dont think you could find anybody as professional and friendly as she was. Bostons was a nice touch. its a good place to eat and relax. I will always stay here when i have to fly out of Little Rock. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
And thank YOU for your comments! Repeat business is our best indicator of our service level.
Rachelle Moore is one of our Sales Managers, and you are right about her...she genuinely cares about our customers and truly wants their stay here to be the best. I cannot wait until she has a chance to read your review as I don't think she gets mentioned nearly as often as she should.
I hope you will let us know the next time you are making your reservation - we'll look forward to it.
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Since the HIE across the parking lot is under renovation, I thought I would just stay at the HI ... I don't know that i got a good deal. First of all, the place is noisy, lots of echo every time a door slams shut because of the way it is built and laid out I get up early and work ling hours, got back to my room at 4 pm and they weren't anywhere near with housekeeping to come take care of it, had to call the front desk and complain about it. When someone finally came over, she said: 'well I had 25 rooms to do today' ... and while I feel for her, WHEN DID THAT BECOME THE CUSTOMER'S PROBLEM? They have it all backwards here ... Everybody seems to move at a slower pace.
They have a concierge lounge for Priority Club members which is supposed to open at 6 pm for snacks and refreshments, last night I got there at 6:10 and the hostess was not there, came in about 5 minutes later ... the noise levels in this place are ridiculous, work being done after 4 or 5 pm, you can hear drills and saws (and of course the slamming doors) when all you are trying to do is unwind after a long day at work. The AC unit (built into the ceiling is rather loud so I shut it off. The place is old but has been renovated.
Would I come back to this place? NOT!

Room Tip: away from the indoor courtyard and make sure to demand that your room is done early
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I have been sitting here at the keyboard for a little while now trying to put into words how I feel about your comments. The first thing that I know is that I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I want to apologize to you. We just never want our guests to experience anything less than a perfect stay. You are correct that we have been renovated, in fact our owners spent a lot of money and gave us a perfect hotel to work in. So your unexpected experience lies with our service and employees which is so disappointing. I must say that normally they are so "on top" and give more than 100%. Thank goodness you do enjoy staying at our sister hotel next door and in reading your other reviews I see that you do enjoy our restaurant "Boston's". Perhaps when you have a moment or two you can give us a call so we can get more details on your stay and we want to make it up to you.

I'll tell you for sure you have put us on our toes. Great service has always been our key and we will immediately work on getting that back in every department. Thank you for sharing.
MALVERN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very pretty. The room was nice, only inconvenient thing was there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. However I am sure if I asked for one I would have been accommodated. The staff was quite friendly and I was pleased with the cleanliness of my room.

• Stayed January 2013
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed here several times and the highlight is the proximity to LIT airport. Rooms are a bit old but they are clean and the beds are good. Make sure you ask for a room that faces the back of the property as this on the opposite side from the freeway and much quieter. It also allows you to park very close to your room! Also, avoid inside facing rooms as they have sliding glass doors that face a banquet area that is noisy and frequently in use. As for food and drink, you have Boston's inside the hotel (good food, fair price) or Waffle House (poor man's IHOP). Don't take somebody here trying to impress them but it's a safe and convenient haven for the business traveler.

Room Tip: 4th floor or above to avoid convention noise, south side opposite freeway is quieter and has parking...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Me_Never_Home,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Completely disagree with previous traveller who stayed on Christmas night. I stayed here that same night due to having a flight the next morning. Winter precipitation started Christmas morning. So, what the previous traveller calls rain was really a wintery mix. Traveling to other locations for food would have been irresponsible of the hotel in my mind. Staff seemed to handle the influx of travelers well. I saved money by parking my car at the hotel for only $10! Shuttle driver was super friendly and handled the 9" snow very well. Got us safely to the airport. Acting manager said she had come in because the manager couldn't make it to the hotel. Morning of my flight, I saw this same acting manager go outside to help a mother and daughter walk up the hill in the icy snow to get to the shuttle. This mother and daughter weren't even staying at this hotel but the Express down the hill. I say great job Holiday Inn. Previous traveller sounds a bit spoiled to me.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr? Share your experiences!