“Great service in difficult snowy night.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
“Great service in difficult snowy night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Completely disagree with previous traveller who stayed on Christmas night. I stayed here that same night due to having a flight the next morning. Winter precipitation started Christmas morning. So, what the previous traveller calls rain was really a wintery mix. Traveling to other locations for food would have been irresponsible of the hotel in my mind. Staff seemed to handle the influx of travelers well. I saved money by parking my car at the hotel for only $10! Shuttle driver was super friendly and handled the 9" snow very well. Got us safely to the airport. Acting manager said she had come in because the manager couldn't make it to the hotel. Morning of my flight, I saw this same acting manager go outside to help a mother and daughter walk up the hill in the icy snow to get to the shuttle. This mother and daughter weren't even staying at this hotel but the Express down the hill. I say great job Holiday Inn. Previous traveller sounds a bit spoiled to me.

• Stayed December 2012

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

12/25/12
Flight cancelled and had to find a place so stay at the last minute. Picked this hotel due to full service properity. 1st room assigend to the therostat was "locked off at 61" degrees. Tried to call the front desk but no one answered. We then went to the front desk and asked for a different room. This room was next to elevator & ice machine and noisy all evening. Cleaning of room left a lot to be desired. Restaurant, bar and room service closed due to low census. Advertise shuttle service to local restaurants but not on this day due to weather...it was raining. We were told to be in the lobby the next morning at 4am to get the shuttle to the airport. The problem is that the regular shuttle driver didn't make it into work due to bad weather but they did have a back up driver staying in the hotel. Unfortunately, he didn't come down to the lobby until 4:30. I did email the GM and the front desk manager but neither have responded. The one good thing about this place is the nice coffee makers in the rooms and it's proxcimity to the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
No excuses should ever be given in our business, as we are a 24/7 hotel and should always be ready for a full house of tired guests. Letting a lot of our employees spend Christmas at home with their familes didn't turn out so well this holiday. We had the "Biggest Snow Storm in Eighty Years" start that day and we tried our best to take care of stranded travelers. I can only apologize for the circumstances of the Blizzard and let you know that I would like to promise you that the next time you are in our lovely city we will show you our true Southern Hospitality.
derindam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a very lovely hotel, very well decorated and lit. It is about a mile from the Little Rock Airport which makes it extremely convenient for an early morning flight. They also offer a shuttle from the hotel which runs on demand (although you should arrive 15 minutes early in case the shuttle is already en route to the airport). The room was very clean and comfortable. Do have caution when closing the door behind you upon leaving the room; we had an issue with the latch falling from the inside on its own. We returned to our room after 11 pm and were unable to gain entry because of the issue. The customer service representative there sent a maintenance worker up within 10-15 minutes who easily fixed the problem and we were able to gain access to our room with a minimum wait. However, upon checkout quite early the day of our departure, there was a queue of people waiting and I was quite surprised to find the gentleman attending the front desk was using his cell phone! I am sure the night and early morning can be quite tedious; however, it was quite disappointing when we were waiting to catch an early morning flight to be delayed by the unprofessional nature of the employee. All things considered, we will definitely be returning to the hotel the next time we have an early morning flight out of Little Rock!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Casablanca, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I almost always stay here when returning from R&R overseas. I really like all the people who work here, they are very nice. The 2 drivers always provide 1st class service. I always have an early flight, so I do not know about the breakfast. I have never had housekeeping come by to clean, but they are always so nice to me when I am going to and from my room. Room service is fast and dependable, I like the way (Some People May Not Like It) they add the tip to the bill already, that is the service charge. I am a return customer and will continue to be. The bed is extremely comfortable and the amenities in the bathroom are very good. They are not stingy on coffee in the room either there is always 6-8 K Cups for the Kurig. Television has plenty of channels and the WiFi worked well with Skype. If you are flying out of Little Rock early I would defiantly stay here and save the early morning drive to Little Rock, it is well worth the money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Anytime we have to fly out of Little Rock we always stay here, partly because it is close to the airport and they have free shuttle, but also because everyone is friendly and willing to help. The resturant is pretty good for a hotel and our rooms have always been very nice. Our last stay here was the night before flying out for Kauai, gone for two weeks and we got back the front desk actually remembered us and wanted to know how our trip had been. Like I said earlier staff has always been very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was here for a conference and it was nice. I have to say, the place is very odd. You have to see it to understand what I am talking about but that doesn't mean it is not a nice place. I would probably stay there again if I had to. I am a Hilton Honors guy, I just am. That doesn't guarantee anything if you read my other post but in general, I am always pleased. Room was nice and clean. Couple of hairs in the restroom, just can't stand that. There are no excuses in my book when it comes to that. Good conference and overall good experience. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Myself and 3 family members were in LittleRock from California and Georgia for a funeral. I chose the Holiday Inn Conference Center based on the photos and reviews. I was NOT disappointed! We all were please with the accomidations and very friendly staff, including the shuttle drivers. Our double room was exactly as the picture showed! The restruants have a healthy menu and are resonably priced.
The conference center is very impressive. Beautiful and spacious. Made us feel like we were at one of our timeshares! This was the next best thing.
Will visit the Holiday Inn Conference Center again!

Room Tip: what more can I say? Very quiet area and close to elevator for my 80 year old mom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
At a time in your life that was so emotional and heartbreaking it was so very kind of you to think of our hotel and make your lovely comments. Your words ring true to our goal as a true Southern Hospitality leader, we want you to feel like you are at home here and I it sounds like you did. We do hope that you will return soon and give us a chance to sit and chat with you about our upcoming new service ideas to make our hotel even better. Thank you for your business and thank you for your comments. Words like yours are what give our staff that extra boost in the morning, and we always share the genuine compliments with the entire team.

Been to Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr? Share your experiences!