“Nice place for a small conference” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Nice place for a small conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was here for a conference and it was nice. I have to say, the place is very odd. You have to see it to understand what I am talking about but that doesn't mean it is not a nice place. I would probably stay there again if I had to. I am a Hilton Honors guy, I just am. That doesn't guarantee anything if you read my other post but in general, I am always pleased. Room was nice and clean. Couple of hairs in the restroom, just can't stand that. There are no excuses in my book when it comes to that. Good conference and overall good experience. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Myself and 3 family members were in LittleRock from California and Georgia for a funeral. I chose the Holiday Inn Conference Center based on the photos and reviews. I was NOT disappointed! We all were please with the accomidations and very friendly staff, including the shuttle drivers. Our double room was exactly as the picture showed! The restruants have a healthy menu and are resonably priced.
The conference center is very impressive. Beautiful and spacious. Made us feel like we were at one of our timeshares! This was the next best thing.
Will visit the Holiday Inn Conference Center again!

Room Tip: what more can I say? Very quiet area and close to elevator for my 80 year old mom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
At a time in your life that was so emotional and heartbreaking it was so very kind of you to think of our hotel and make your lovely comments. Your words ring true to our goal as a true Southern Hospitality leader, we want you to feel like you are at home here and I it sounds like you did. We do hope that you will return soon and give us a chance to sit and chat with you about our upcoming new service ideas to make our hotel even better. Thank you for your business and thank you for your comments. Words like yours are what give our staff that extra boost in the morning, and we always share the genuine compliments with the entire team.
Keller, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed here several times and are always glad to her this hotel on our way back home. Location is super convenient right off of 440 and close to the airport but I have never heard a plane. Rooms are clean and seem to have been updated in the past several years. Bathroom is average size with good towels. We always eat at the Boston's restaurant on site. For a one night stay this hotel cannot be beat for its value. I sure we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
It just makes our hearts sing when we hear from our repeat customers. Thank you for recognizing that the total Rebuild of this hotel was so complete. We feel like we are working in a new facility, and it feels so good that it makes all of the employees just happy to come to work.

Being an airport hotel we do sometimes get the question "can you hear the planes?" so perhaps that is common in other cities, but we are fortunate to never receive that complaint.

Again, thank you for your repeat business - we will continue to live up to your expectations.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The quality was pretty much what I expected, decent. The only blip was that I had reserved a room with a king size bed and I received 2 doubles instead. When I went back to the front desk I was told that when I book with Expedia that there is no guarentee I will get what I booked online, which I thought was a little odd. The front desk clerk acted like he was doing me a huge favor by finding me a king size bed and telling me I was lucky, there was only one left, and I was thinking, Yes, because that's the room I reserved. Anyhow, other than that it was fine, the in-hotel restaurant was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel is very close to the airport, which was the main reason for booking this hotel. We stayed at the hotel for 10 days.
The atrium area is large and cavernous. The colors are very beige and bland. The rooms are adequate, clean and decently appointed.
The AC in our first room did not work and froze up.We were moved to a different room the next day. After settling into the new room we discovered that the bathroom sink did not drain. I called it into the front desk in the morning. It took a second call several hours later to request that the sink get fixed. The maintenance man took care of it immediately after the second call to the front desk.
The next day the toilet wouldnt flush. Again, I called in the morning. I returned at 1pm. Upon returning I found a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I didnt place the sign on the door. The room was not cleaned and the toilet was not fixed. I walked to the front desk and they had no knowledge of my call about the toilet. They said that there was alot of outside maintenance going on and that was probably why it had not been fixed. The maintenance man ( I think his name is Edward) arrived and promptly fixed the chain that had come off the flusher. The room was also cleaned around the same time.
On Saturday my husband and I were out touring for the day. We returned around 4 pm and found another "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door and an un-made up room. We took the 2 extra signs to the front desk. The front desk staff told us that housekeeping had left for the day and about all they could do was get us towels. I told them that I surmissed someone in housekeeping was placing the signs on rooms that they didnt want to clean, since they were probably the only staff with access to door signs. They apologized and said that they would make sure the room was cleaned the following day. The room was cleaned the following day but the housekeeper didnt leave towels. On one of the other days she didnt leave throw away coffee cups. I would have disregarded these issues but there seemed to be one blooper after another at this hotel.
We were on the concierge level and had breakfast in the lounge during the week. The attendant in the lounge was wonderful. She was friendly and helpful.She was very welcoming ! The selections were very sparse. We were told that we could eat at the buffet in the atrium on the weekend. We found the buffet to be sorely lacking in variety. The service to refill food was very slow. We waited for sometime for them to refill the buffet and finally opted for cereal and fruit. Our second visit to the buffet on Sunday was a bit better.
The pool area is also lacking. It is a tiny pool.
We also found a very odd smell in the hallway on the concierge floor.
I don't think my husband will opt to stay at this hotel again when in Little Rock, as there were just too many things that went wrong during our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
After reading several great reviews about our hotel, I was really saddened to find that you had the experience that you did while staying with us. As the Director of Sales for this terrific hotel, I am always interested in getting the reactions of our guests as they leave. Repeat business is a huge part of our success, and learning that your husband might not return is something I would want to work on. I hope that he will call me or our General Manager and give us a second chance. We will make sure everything is as it should be with our housekeeping department. I can tell you that our Executive Housekeeper was really upset when we let her read your comments. She runs a tight ship and cannot figure out how this happened. She is a proud supervisor and runs her department like as if it is her home. We are family here and want you to feel like family as well. I was glad to read that there were some parts of your stay that went well
...perhaps those good parts will allow us to chat with you personally and get to the heart of the situation. Thank you
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Super big modern rooms. Comfy mattress, nice pillows. If you get an Atrium room, it can get loud if there is an event being held. Great restaurant attached. No freebie breakfast. Nice fitness room with a couple of treadmills, elliptical, dumbells and a small weight machine. Slow WiFi. Really well kept and clean property. Went out for a walk, kind of a scary run down neighborhood. K-cup coffee maker in the room. Great stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from Atrium (Courtyard) rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel on July 21st. It was a very pleasant experience. Check in was a breeze. I asked for a connecting room and they found me one. They have a restautrant connected to this hotel and it has very good food and it's clean. The rooms where very clean and the beds were awesome. They have really nice mattresses, pillows and covering. I highly recommend this hotel. They do have a breakfast in the hotel but it's pricey. We ate at the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family