“Another fine stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Keller, TX
“Another fine stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed here several times and are always glad to her this hotel on our way back home. Location is super convenient right off of 440 and close to the airport but I have never heard a plane. Rooms are clean and seem to have been updated in the past several years. Bathroom is average size with good towels. We always eat at the Boston's restaurant on site. For a one night stay this hotel cannot be beat for its value. I sure we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
It just makes our hearts sing when we hear from our repeat customers. Thank you for recognizing that the total Rebuild of this hotel was so complete. We feel like we are working in a new facility, and it feels so good that it makes all of the employees just happy to come to work.

Being an airport hotel we do sometimes get the question "can you hear the planes?" so perhaps that is common in other cities, but we are fortunate to never receive that complaint.

Again, thank you for your repeat business - we will continue to live up to your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The quality was pretty much what I expected, decent. The only blip was that I had reserved a room with a king size bed and I received 2 doubles instead. When I went back to the front desk I was told that when I book with Expedia that there is no guarentee I will get what I booked online, which I thought was a little odd. The front desk clerk acted like he was doing me a huge favor by finding me a king size bed and telling me I was lucky, there was only one left, and I was thinking, Yes, because that's the room I reserved. Anyhow, other than that it was fine, the in-hotel restaurant was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The hotel is very close to the airport, which was the main reason for booking this hotel. We stayed at the hotel for 10 days.
The atrium area is large and cavernous. The colors are very beige and bland. The rooms are adequate, clean and decently appointed.
The AC in our first room did not work and froze up.We were moved to a different room the next day. After settling into the new room we discovered that the bathroom sink did not drain. I called it into the front desk in the morning. It took a second call several hours later to request that the sink get fixed. The maintenance man took care of it immediately after the second call to the front desk.
The next day the toilet wouldnt flush. Again, I called in the morning. I returned at 1pm. Upon returning I found a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I didnt place the sign on the door. The room was not cleaned and the toilet was not fixed. I walked to the front desk and they had no knowledge of my call about the toilet. They said that there was alot of outside maintenance going on and that was probably why it had not been fixed. The maintenance man ( I think his name is Edward) arrived and promptly fixed the chain that had come off the flusher. The room was also cleaned around the same time.
On Saturday my husband and I were out touring for the day. We returned around 4 pm and found another "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door and an un-made up room. We took the 2 extra signs to the front desk. The front desk staff told us that housekeeping had left for the day and about all they could do was get us towels. I told them that I surmissed someone in housekeeping was placing the signs on rooms that they didnt want to clean, since they were probably the only staff with access to door signs. They apologized and said that they would make sure the room was cleaned the following day. The room was cleaned the following day but the housekeeper didnt leave towels. On one of the other days she didnt leave throw away coffee cups. I would have disregarded these issues but there seemed to be one blooper after another at this hotel.
We were on the concierge level and had breakfast in the lounge during the week. The attendant in the lounge was wonderful. She was friendly and helpful.She was very welcoming ! The selections were very sparse. We were told that we could eat at the buffet in the atrium on the weekend. We found the buffet to be sorely lacking in variety. The service to refill food was very slow. We waited for sometime for them to refill the buffet and finally opted for cereal and fruit. Our second visit to the buffet on Sunday was a bit better.
The pool area is also lacking. It is a tiny pool.
We also found a very odd smell in the hallway on the concierge floor.
I don't think my husband will opt to stay at this hotel again when in Little Rock, as there were just too many things that went wrong during our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
After reading several great reviews about our hotel, I was really saddened to find that you had the experience that you did while staying with us. As the Director of Sales for this terrific hotel, I am always interested in getting the reactions of our guests as they leave. Repeat business is a huge part of our success, and learning that your husband might not return is something I would want to work on. I hope that he will call me or our General Manager and give us a second chance. We will make sure everything is as it should be with our housekeeping department. I can tell you that our Executive Housekeeper was really upset when we let her read your comments. She runs a tight ship and cannot figure out how this happened. She is a proud supervisor and runs her department like as if it is her home. We are family here and want you to feel like family as well. I was glad to read that there were some parts of your stay that went well
...perhaps those good parts will allow us to chat with you personally and get to the heart of the situation. Thank you
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Super big modern rooms. Comfy mattress, nice pillows. If you get an Atrium room, it can get loud if there is an event being held. Great restaurant attached. No freebie breakfast. Nice fitness room with a couple of treadmills, elliptical, dumbells and a small weight machine. Slow WiFi. Really well kept and clean property. Went out for a walk, kind of a scary run down neighborhood. K-cup coffee maker in the room. Great stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from Atrium (Courtyard) rooms if you are a light sleeper.
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel on July 21st. It was a very pleasant experience. Check in was a breeze. I asked for a connecting room and they found me one. They have a restautrant connected to this hotel and it has very good food and it's clean. The rooms where very clean and the beds were awesome. They have really nice mattresses, pillows and covering. I highly recommend this hotel. They do have a breakfast in the hotel but it's pricey. We ate at the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This Holiday Inn was the best hotel I have ever stayed in! The entire place was immaculately clean. The rooms were so comfortable! I wish I had the bed I slept in in my own bedroom! The fitness room was a nice size with all equipment working properly and there were plenty of towels. The restaurant was great with a wide variety of food choices and excellent service. The only complaint I have was that we were awakened @ 7:00 by the cleaning crew. Rude!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oh Gosh, your review was soooo great to read! We love working at this hotel because it is so refreshingly designed with our guests comfort in mind, and you recognized that....thank you!
If you are interested in purchasing a bed like you had in your room, please just give me a call in the Sales Office and I will try to get the exact information for you.
Our cleaning crew normally doesn't arrive until around 8am, so I am wondering if perhaps the voices were coming from our food department - which doesn't make it any less rude I agree. I guess when they get up so early, they forget that some of us don't.
Again, thank you so much for your kind remarks - we can't wait until you stay with us again.
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First, upon check-in they had my reservation wrong. When I reserved the room, I requested a King Bed non-smoking room. When I arrived they had me in a Double Bed hearing impaired room. It took them quite some time to get that straightened out. Once that was done, I got my key and went to the room. The actual hotel is very nice looking, I have to admit that. It has a unique indoor courtyard that the rooms overlook. The room was not bad size and had 2 entrances (1 in the hallway and 1 to the courtyard). The large bay windows that were on the courtyard side of the room were a little odd as there was a lot of foot traffic that passed that way. (Not to mention some OTHER people in the hotel didn't know how to close their curtains properly when they should... allows you to get more than you bargained for sometimes).

My biggest complaint is their so-called "high speed" internet. Their internet has got to be the ABSOLUTE WORST I've ever seen at any hotel I've ever traveled to. I was being disconnected over and over, the speed was HORRIFFIC (took 5 minutes to download 3 e-mails in outlook that didn't even have attachments). I called the front desk to complain and they acted like they've never had a complaint about it before, but they transferred me to their IT department (outsourced IT management). After the IT folks restarted the router a couple of times to try and get the service to work properly, they discovered what the problem was. The hotel has a large number of rooms and at the time (on a Monday night), had several people using the Internet... But the kicker is that they restrict the entire hotel (guest rooms) to 512MB bandwidth. With 'average' usage, it was causing problems with connectivity and speed for more than just me (according to the help desk). I talked to the front desk AGAIN and asked why they do that and the hotel staff stated "WE DON'T"... ??!?! They also said that they had no other complaints about the internet that evening. The next day, I spoke with some colleagues who were also staying there and they brought up the same problem and were all told the same thing by the front desk "No one has complained, are you sure it's not your computer?"

Absolutely NOT a place for business travelers. If you're there on leisure, it's not bad if you don't expect internet. Oh... and if you have kids with you, try to find an alternate route to your room other than going past everyone's huge floor to ceiling window walls... There's some things that kids shouldn't see and I wish I didn't.

Also - Be prepared for $7.95 continental breakfast or $9.95 "Breakfast buffet" --- Yea, breakfast isn't included either.