“Perfect Valentines Day!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Harker Heights, Texas
“Perfect Valentines Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We had to decide between the infamous Peabody and the Capital right across the street and I'm so glad we went with the latter! The staff was amazing and the room and hotel were beautiful!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Benton, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed here on our way back home from a trip to Texas. I choose this hotel as we have never stayed in Little Rock and we enjoy upscale, luxury hotels and this one was all that and more. The first impression when you walk into the beautiful lobby is one of grandeur and luxury. Reception was handled very promptly and politely. Our room was very beautiful, all the ammenities, great bathroom, all the bells and whistles. My husband commented on how clean everything was. You could not have found any fault with the way the hotel was kept. There is a lively bar where we had drinks and the food there looked delicious. We choose to go to a steak house instead of dining at the hotel, but next trip there we will definitely eat in the bar as the food looked wonderful, not your typical "pub grub" by an means. The drinks were great and the service was prompt and friendly. A truly great hotel!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

A wonderful stay with personal, courteous service. Historical charm, modern amenities, world-class food in the restaurant! Would love to go again!

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Very beautifully restored old hotel downtown. Wait Staff was awesome. Front desk staff met and exceeded my every wish! Highly recommend!

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Port Matilda, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Beyond the beautifully refurbished (and maintained) facility itself, the staff was extraordinary. They made me feel more like a friend visiting for the week than a guest in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Very professional and courteous staff! The front desk had me booked for the next night, but they were very helpful in re-booking me, plus they upgraded my room. WOW is all I can say - it was a stateroom that ole' Bill Clinton would have loved! Huge, huge, huge room, massive four post king bed, sitting area and spotlessly clean and shiny bathroom. I was amazed with this room.
The hotel provided a pick-up in a nice Cadillac or Towncar, and the driver, John Alpe, was very personable and a fine driver. I cannot recommend their shuttle service more.
The restaurant has great atmosphere, just like the rest of the hotel, and the coffee is delicious. Service was a tad bit slow, but I think they were understaffed. They worked pretty hard, considering all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

It was a bitter cold Saturday afternoon and we arrived at The Capital. From the Valet to the housekeepers, the service was what one would expect at a 5 Star hotel. Brandi Allen, the concierge, greeted me with the warmth that made me feel like she knew me all of my life. Very personable and eager to assit in anyway she could. Patrick Nuoci, the Guest Service Manager didn't even give a second thought to one question I had on the day of check out. I asked him if I could have the latest checkout possible, like 3 o'clock. He was very polite and said, "No problem Mister ******. Just when you are ready." As we were leaving the room, the housekeeper was walking up to the room and we told her we were sorry for a late check out and she smiled and was very gracious with her response. The staff here is incredible.

I have traveled all over the world, and this is hands down one of the finest hotels in the world. Sure there are great hotels that are uniquely appointed with fine antiques and grand trim and marble but do any of them offer what most consider to be true hospitality and that being 'Southern warmth and charm?' Not many if any. Many places outside of the South can't extend that type of service. Why? Simply because they are not in the South. There is something about the warm evenings and the feel of the air that makes even the most tired traveler joyful to be in the South. There are many grand hotels in New Orleans and one in Memphis but none offer the Southern Grace as The Capital. I could go on for paragraphs about how beautiful this place is but sometimes it is just best to let the building speak for itself.

As a Chef, I can tell you that the food here is OUTSTANDING. A nice thick center cut ribeye grilled to bleu was exactly how I would have made it. It was set upon a puree of blackeyed peas and garnished with turnip greens. Delightful. .Ashley's, their signature fine dining restaurant was closed so The Capital Bar and Grill was where I had dinner .

This hotel has history that makes for great conversation at the dinner table. Rumor has it that President U.S. Grant rode his horse up the stairs and had his horse stay in the room with him shortly after the hotel opened. Also, the elevator is one of the largest in the world and can hold close to 10,000 pounds. They, meaning 'rumorists' (I just made that word up) also say that it held the entire Arkansas state legislature once.

If you are visiting Little Rock for any reason, then this is the only hotel that you should consider. If you are a local, I suggest that you make time for your loved one and take them here for a special night that you will talk about for the rest of your life. The Capital is simply elegant with Southern Hospitality as its engine.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends