“Our New Favorite Place!” 5 of 5 stars

111 W. Markham, Little Rock, AR 72201   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Batesville, Arkansas
“Our New Favorite Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

My husband and I spent our first night of marriage at the Capital in 1993 - so we decided to try it again for our 15th anniversary. We loved every moment. When we pulled up at the door on June 13th - we were met by a swarm of people, all looking to meet our needs. We were led to our room (without even having to stop at the desk) by a lovely young woman named Katie. She showed us to our room which was lovely. Top floor corner room. One set of windows looking out arcross the Peabody to the Arkansas River and the other set looking down the river market area. It's room 422 for future reference. The room was large, beautifully furnished, and extremely comfortable. We had told Katie that the previous night had been our anniversary and that we had been there 15 years before - she sent us up a bottle of champagne! We had drinks and appetizers with friends in the Capital Grill. Everything there was great and breakfast at Ashley's was marvelous. We couldn't have asked for better service or a nicer room. If you look at the website - that's our room - top floor, corner with the lights on! Make sure that you go to the second floor mezzanine and out onto the balcony. Lovely place to enjoy some quiet and watch the goings on from a distance. We will definately be back to the Capital Hotel!

• Liked — Lovely old hotel
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

ok. so i didn't stay overnight here, a friend did. we were staying across the street at the LR Peabody, (directly across the street) which left quite a bit to be desired. after a lengthy afternoon visit to the Cap bar, my friend, who was continuing her hotel stay in LR beyond mine, moved from the Peabody. In fact, the Cap porters moved her. the LR Capital is more like the Memphis Peabody: a historic building that has been tenderly and expertly updated. also to the Cap's advantage: it's family owned, by the Stevens, (who also built the exclusive Alotian golf club) and they don't seem to miss a beat! i don't think i've been to a hotel with such attention to detail or such kind and generous staff. we stayed in the bar for hours, checked my pal in, ran errands and came back for dinner. be sure to visit the cap website as the pics shown on the entry here are out of date. i have added some more, but the one thing i don't have is the new restaurant, which is amazing. my pal who slept here said she felt like she was in heaven. this place is fantastic - not to be missed if you are in Little Rock, even if only for a drink made by the friendly bartender Spencer!

• Liked — attention to detail
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

My wife, daughter, and I stayed in the Capital Hotel in Downtown Little Rock and it was amazing. Huge ceilings, beautiful lobby area, and very clean, comfortable rooms. The room must have had 15 foot ceilings, and was very spacious. Flat screen, sitting area, and all for a good price. I typically stay in Ritz or JW...since there is not one in Little Rock, this hotel is my choice. Same type of accomidations, plus you get a good history lesson. I will stay there everytime I go through Little Rock.

• Liked — Beautiful property, great location, accomidating staff, clean, high class, great value
  • Disliked — I only stayed one night!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
fort smith, arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

The Captial Hotel has been restored beyond its original beauty. I had only stayed there once before the recent renovation and had no desire to return. But since re-opening my husband and I have been frequent visitors. The furnishings are amazing. The service is over the top. We have only eaten breakfast at the on-site restaurant but can report it is worth recommending. We've enjoyed the bar and lounge and tasted from the bar menu. Again...recommended. This is the place to stay in LIttle Rock.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

From the moment we drove up the customer service was top-notch. This was the first time I've had the bellman ask my name as I was getting out of the car - this was to let the front desk know we were there - they had the paperwork printed, ready for me to sign when I walked up - WOW! I was very impressed that everyone actually seemed excited about working there - on the way to our room the bellman told us all about the recent renovations showing true pride in the hotel. Even the concierge saw us examining the columns in the lobby and came over to tell us about the hotel's history. The hotel is beautiful. Although our room was small, it was nicely decorated, very clean, bathroom was fairly large (especially considering the age of the hotel), and had very nice bed linens and towels. The hotel's fine dining restaurant, Ashley's, was very good and fairly inexpensive compared to usual fine dining prices. We considered the entire hotel experience a bargain at $200/night.

Stayed April 2008
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

My family had two rooms at this lovely hotel. From the moment we walked in, we were treated as though we were the only guests there...which we were not. The young man helping us with our luggage was informative and helpful. He told us about the history of the hotel as we checked in. The enormous elevator takes you up to the cleanest and most well-appointed rooms than I ever expected to find in Little Rock. The tall ceilings help to make the rooms feel even larger than they are. The food in both restaurants is outstanding. Breakfast is not to be missed. They smoke their own bacon, make their own sausages and serve eggs from a local farm.

I have stayed at the Peabody twice and will never stay there again. This hotel rivals any fine hotel in the Mid-West.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

Although this was not the hotel we originally were slated to stay in for our visit, Im glad the arrangements were changed because this hotel was a pleasure from the moment I stepped in the front door. Orignally built in 1877, this classic hotel was painstakingly and successfully refurbished in 2007.

The doormen, bellpersons and front desk staff were warm, gracious and efficient without being cheesy. The open, well-lit marble and tile foyer with it’s 3rd story stained glass atrium is well-appointed and welcoming if not grand in the Southern style. Even the stylish exterior is clean, well maintained and much more attractive than the neighboring modern architecture.

The ballroom of an elevator is larger than any other I’ve ever seen (outside of a freight elevator) and has a simple chandelier and room for a small bench.

The guestroom I had was large with high ceilings, tasteful lighting, bathrobes, a guest safe and roomy closet. Live orchids, soft (digital cable) music and comfortable, quality furniture made this room a real pleasure to walk into.

The spacious bathroom was nicely supplied with quality amenities, though the towels could have been a little softer. The shower/bath is wonderful. The only problem (plumbing issue) was quickly resolved within 10 min after calling the front desk.

Free “instant-on” in-room wireless internet connection was a pleasant surprise compared to those “click here, do this, accept that” types.

The Capital Bar and Grill in the lobby is a nice place for an after (or before) dinner drink or meal. The glaring HD televisions however, do distract from the otherwise mellow atmosphere.

Highly recommend this hotel especially for a place to bring someone special.

Stayed March 2008

Been to The Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!