“Luxury, service, beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Luxury, service, beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, well-maintained and nicely staffed. The Capital does all the little things right: spotless rooms, friendly (not cloying) service, quiet and safe surroundings. Great meals at the Capital Bar and Grill and Ashley's. Good valet parking. What else could you ask for from a hotel? Location is prime, as well. Plenty of restaurants and attractions within easy walking distance. Go!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank BillL689

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Capital Hotel recently on a business trip to the Little Rock area. I was more than pleased with everything about my stay. From the spacious room with the 14 foot high ceiling and the most comfortable bed I have slept in ever on the road all top notch. The staff were all excellent as well. I experienced no problem with valet parking and the time it took to have it brought to the front. The restaurants are both excellent. Had a fabulous business dinner at Ashley's and the Capital Grill was great as well. I will be back there soon and I am looking forward to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MauiMKO
Idabel, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Capital Hotel while in Little Rock for a wedding. There is virtually no parking available other than the valet so we valet parked. After checking in about 3 pm we got ready and phoned for our car a little after 5pm to make it to a 6pm wedding. We finally got our car at 5:45 and got into the Church just before the Bride came down the aisle. We were not happy but gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt and valet parked our car again. (not that there was any other choice) Checking out the next day we waited another 30 minutes for our car to be delivered to us. The amenities at the Capital are first rate but our experience with the valet service left us with a very poor memory of the Capital.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Gary19466491
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's a personal pet peeve, but I do not give 5 star ratings to a hotel that does not provide coffee equipment in the room for the guest. No matter how wonderful the service is, I do not want to see a member of the hotel's room service staff nor do I want to walk down to the lobby before I've had my first cup of tea. Why otherwise fabulous hotels don't understand this is a mystery to me. That said, this is an exceptional hotel with all the beauty of a historic and very well preserved building and none of the downsides. The lobby is lovely and the elevator is prompt (and enormous). Food at all of our events (I was there for a meeting) was unusually good in comparison to the many meetings I've attended at nice hotels and resorts. I was staying in a suite, which was immaculately clean and well maintained, enormous, beautifully furnished and had one of the nicest bathrooms I've seen in a hotel. A bowl of fruit, water and spiced pecans in the room and the package of chocolate pecan toffee left during the turn-down service were nice touches. The linens were silky smooth and luxurious. The Capital is so exceptional that I expected perfection but there were a few small areas where they fell short of my expectations. First, the large and attractive armoire in the room rattled like mad every time we walked through the room. I’ve stayed in plenty of historic hotels but have never had this experience before. It sounded like the Rockettes were performing a tap number in the room, even when we tried to walk quietly in stocking feet! Next, the makeup mirror in the bathroom is improperly mounted – I am above average height for a woman but could barely see myself in it, even when it was adjusted to the maximum length. It was clear that this has been a problem for previous guests because it looked like it had been pulled so firmly that it was pulled out from the wall slightly. Also, when I enjoyed the truly delightful bathtub (long, deep and very quick to fill along with delightful Molton Brown bath products), I was surprised to notice peeling wallpaper underneath the sink. You would never see it if you weren’t in the bathtub, but with a bathtub this luxurious, I doubt I will be the only guest to notice the peeling wallpaper. One of the meeting rooms that we used on the second floor had an extremely loud air conditioner that necessitated the use of a microphone for the speakers and made it very difficult to hear questions and discussions during the meeting. Finally, the toilets in the ladies room on the 2nd floor sprayed water on the seat and floor when flushed. It was evident that the restrooms are cleaned thoroughly and very frequently, but if you were unlucky enough to be in close proximity when the toilet flushed, it was not nice. I hate to mention so many small detractions, but I am confident that management will want to be aware of these minor issues. If you are considering this hotel, I strongly recommend it. Downtown Little Rock is a great place to visit with many interesting museums, restaurants and entertainment venues. The location of The Capital Hotel is perfect for business or pleasure, the hotel is luxurious and you will be well cared for during your stay. Be sure to enjoy a meal at Ashley’s, one of the best restaurants in the state, and enjoy a drink at the historic Capital Bar & Grill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank ArkansasOrchid
Jonesboro AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Capital Hotel Experience was a grand one. The staff is extraordinary in their general helpfulness and demeanor. The room appointments are grand - from the high quality linens to the spiced pecans, the pecan toffee, and the sparkling water to the cleanliness of the rooms. (The recipe for the spiced pecans is available upon request. It was emailed to my travel partner.) The huge elevator and the wide hallways make it easy to navigate with luggage. The hotel is very clean and well appointed. The only negative I found was the poor care given to the plants in the outside planters on the front of the building and the potted plant in our room. The green plant in our room was sadly in need of TLC. The plants in the outside planters were brown and wilted. That detracted from the overall appearance of the building. Otherwise - it was a Captial Experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Capital during a long road trip - just one night and I wish we could have stayed longer. The Capital is one of those old, classic, hotels, with a grand lobby and fine finishes. The staff was excellent and our room was lovely - in excellent shape, extraordinarily clean and such tall ceilings - I felt like I was in a castle. The sheets and bed were top notch and made for a very relaxing rest following a long drive. Stay here - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fastrunningmom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I traveled to Little Rock to attend a wedding. The family of the bride had arranged a block of rooms at The Capital Hotel. I travel extensively to major cities around the world and in all honesty am accustomed to world class, five star accommodations when I travel. I must confess that, while I was certain The Capital Hotel would be quite nice, I was totally unprepared for the five star experience I encountered there! From the moment I stepped from the car in front of the hotel, to the time the hotel car and driver dropped me at the airport, everything was flawless. The staff is first rate, and even though I arrived several hours before check in time, they had me in my room within 15 minutes of arrival. The room was huge, immaculate, beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean. The bathroom was likewise enormous, looked brand new and was spotlessly clean. The Molton Brown products provided were a most welcomed amenity for my weekend stay. Every meal in the hotel, from banquet service for wedding events, to lunch in the bar were spectacular. The new chef Joel has clearly mastered the art of food service in such a setting. All in all, The Capital Hotel is a very pleasant find in Little Rock

• Stayed June 2013