“Should be rated a 5 Star Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

111 W. Markham, Little Rock, AR 72201   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Tulsa
“Should be rated a 5 Star Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I came for the Little Rock Marathon and I have to say The Capital rolled out the red carpet. We are enrolled in the Preferred Hotel Group's affinity program and between those amenities and the extras offered to the marathon participants we were treated royally. Upon arrival we were whisked to our room by the hotel staff without having to "check in "at the front desk. Waiting in our room was a generous bowl of the most scrumptious seasoned Arkansas pecans, fruit and a bottle of champaign on ice. The "wow" factor was taking hold. Next there was a note regarding a special "carb" meal in Ashley's for the marathoners and the would be a table set up in the lobby the next morning with bottled water, energy supplements and fruit for the runners. An extraordinarily late check out f 2:00p.m. was also offered for the race participants. I haven't even shared how lovely this grand dame is. Our room had at least 15 foot ceilings and the bedding and linens were all Frette. I ha breakfast in Ashley's the next morning and the bacon cheddar grits were to die for....Did I mention we would stay here again and again?

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service is awesome, the hotel staff is very friendly, the rooms are just beautiful and the beds are so comfy. I love the historic aspect of the hotel. Ashley's is amazing!!! My only complaint is that they don't offer in room movies.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I planned our first visit to Little Rock to run the Little Rock Half Marathon. We booked our room at The Capital primarily because of its location - just blocks from the start and finish lines. However, we discovered there were so many more reasons to stay at The Capital. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this over 100 year old hotel exudes a European elegance. We were greeted with tremendous hospitality throughout our entire stay. The concierge staff went above and beyond to attend to any of our needs. We were picked up and dropped off at the airport. When a taxi was not to be found, their driver again assisted us and drove us to our planned destination (Central HS). The friendly staff at the door were always ready to greet us with a smile. Our mouths dropped when we saw our gorgeous and ultra-spacious room (Room 446). The hotel has plenty of complimentary water and newspapers (Little Rock Gazette, WSJ, and NYT). In the evenings, we were offered water and southern pecan toffee as a special treat. Special to marathon weekend, the hotel had a complimentary bar of fruit, water, and gels, and an early morning breakfast menu for room service. They had an after marathon lunch menu for room service and complimentary massages in the lobby. Needless to say, our stay at The Capital was an unexpected treat and a highlight among many highlights of our trip. I would run another 13.1 miles just for the opportunity to stay at The Capital again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

In a trip across the country, my husband I I stayed at The Capital Hotel. It was WONDERFUL!!!! The staff are amazing, the rooms are gorgeous, the whole experience was exceptional. If I am ever in Little Rock again I will stay nowhere else! I LOVE the elevator, it is, I think, the largest elevator in the country. We ate at the Capital Bar and Grille, great food, great drinks, great bartender. Very creative, very comfortable. Really, the experience could not have been better (except for the fact that we had to leave!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

When my air conditioning broke during 100 degree weather, I took a mini vacation at The Capital Hotel. My room was large, so I never felt cramped. The large soaking tub was a dream. The beds were comfortable, linens excellent, and room service superb. I also liked having a newspaper automatically arrive at my door each morning along with a basket of clean towels. Even when I'm not staying there, I enjoy the Capital Bar & Grill with its fried black eyed peas, pimento cheese, and lovely wedge salad. If you're looking for a beautiful historic structure filled with state-of-the-art amenities, you can't beat The Capital Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are many reviews that reflect the fabulous quality of this hotel. i cannot think of why anyone would want to go anywhere else should their travels take them to Little Rock. They offer an on demand limousine service ... we didn't rent a car and didn't need one. The hotel was the quietest we've stayed in in years. The service was hospitable and gracious without being overbearing. If you stay anywhere else, you're making a mistake.

BTW, got a great deal on I Prefer.

Room Tip: Front of hotel larger room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I loved everything about our stay in this splendid hotel and will recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Little Rock! The restoration makes it easy to imagine guests from another era wandering through! The staff were always helpful, personable and readily available to assist. We especially appreciated the ability to access the fitness center at the Peabody Hotel across the street when the Downtown Fitness Center was closed on Sunday.

It would be easy not to leave the building due to it's comfortable guest rooms and public areas as well as the options for low key or high end food and beverage! Ashley's lives up to its reputation as the best restaurant in Little Rock for good reason!!

The hotel is within walking distance to many attractions and the trolley runs right down Markham Street out the front door!

The hospitality made our first trip to Little Rock truly special at an affordable rate not seen in hotels of this quality or style in most cities! We hope to come back some day when the weather is warmer so we can take advantage of the second floor terrace overlooking Markham Street.

Room Tip: We reserved a Superior Queen room which was just right for our needs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!