“Close to perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
“Close to perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is my third time to stay at the Capital, and each time I have been impressed by the service to the guests. Upon arrival at the hotel, the parking attendant immediately took care of the car, the bellman had our registration ready, and the concierge escorted us to our room. On the way to our room we mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary, and when we returned from dinner, there was a note in the room wishing us happy anniversary. The room was very clean, and the bathroom sparkled. Turn down service, candied pecans an toffee in the room, all the little touches to make the stay seem special. This is easily the top hotel in Little Rock, and on of the best I have found anywhere. We think its a great value a $209 per night, including a fantastic breakfast for two at the hotel restaurant, Ashley's.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved The Capital! It's beautiful, the staff is charming, and the food in the Capital Bar was delicious. I felt as if everyone there just wanted to make sure I was happy. The concierge arranged transportation for me and I had the most charming and efficient driver. The toffee on my pillow when I returned after dinner was a divine dessert. I'd definitely return.

AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were at the Capital Hotel for much of my wedding week.

Friday, we held our rehearsal dinner, which was catered by Ashley's. Amazing service and timing for dealing with 70+ people. The food was to die for.

Saturday, we took our wedding pictures outside the building. The staff was very helpful and the Capital bar was more than ready to handle a ton of thirsty bridesmaids and groomsmen. Their drinks are top shelf and absolutely amazing.

Saturday night, my now wife and I stayed in the honeymoon suite. We were greeted with a bottle of champagne from the staff and a gorgeous room. We weren't able to steal away enough time to eat during the reception, so we ordered room service, which arrived almost immediately. The food was great, as expected.

The Capital Hotel did an amazing jobs over a 3 day period for my wedding and I would recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
America
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family stayed here while passing through Little Rock on our way to Texas. So glad I spent a few extra dollars to stay here. The service is wonderful and they anticipate your every need. Nothing was lacking at this hotel. They even place extra towels outside of your room in a covered wicker basket first thing in the morning in case you need extras. The rooms are superior (I had 2 different rooms) and I highly recommend that you stay here at least once!

Room Tip: Choose a room that face the sides or the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family (wife + 4 young kids) tried this historic hotel as part of our 50 state tour. Unsure what to expect in Little Rock, I can say that the hotel exceeded expectations. We have experience with historic hotels (i.e., The Greenbrier, The Grand Hotel, etc.) and they can be hit or miss. I can recommend this one without reservation. I'll also note that the Peabody (formerly the Excelsior) is directly across the street. We went over to watch the 5pm duck walk and saw enough to know that we made the right decision.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very historic hotel with a beautiful lobby and ornate rooms. The service was great, from the concierge, valet and front desk. Both restaurants are great, The Capital Hotel bar has great food, try the Kobe Ribeye,! wine selection and atmosphere. Seems like a great place to meet friends or collegues for a dinner and drinks after work.
Ashley's has a great breakfast...great for a business meeting. I had the best steel cut oatmeal ever! Also need to try those Arkansas apples!

I have to highlight one staff member that made my stay better, even though it came at the end. Clem worked at the front desk at around 5:45 am while I was checking out for my early flight out of Little Rock. He was most helpful and corrected an error that was on my bill. Because he worked such an early shift, he manned the front desk and valet. He was so pleasant, with a smile on his face, at such an early hour! He pulled my luggage and quickly retrieved my car. Management sure has a gem in Clem!

San Diego, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was a very cool hotel. I went there for a conference and the conference organizers booked my room. Unfortunately there was a mix-up on the date and I arrived the day before my reservation and the hotel was booked solid. They went out of their way to get me set up in a hotel across the street. They even offered to pay for the hotel room at the other hotel. They also offered me a free room another night. I love the long history behind this hotel and the great location (there are so many places you can walk to). The lobby is beautiful and it really is a nice and relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!