“First Motel 6 stay which was good thanks to TripAdvisor” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Little Rock - West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10524 West Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205   |
Ranked #51 of 60 Hotels in Little Rock
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“First Motel 6 stay which was good thanks to TripAdvisor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This Motel 6 in West Little Rock was our first Motel 6 stay. We needed a cheap place to spend the night. Thanks to the reviews, this is what I expected. I knew from looking at other Motel 6's that they can be pretty rundown but thankfully this wasn't. We stayed in room 207. Like the past reviews say, this Motel 6 was partially remodeled. Bathroom wasn't really remodeled but fit the bill for 1 night. Towels were just fine to me. They only provide soap; no shampoo or conditioner. Staff were extremely nice and caring. The TV's are the standard tube type with not a lot of channels but pretty basic. The only problem I had was bait-and-switch pricing. We saw an online quote for around $40. The light outside their property said around $44.99. We got our statement saying it'd be $47.99 from what I remember. Overall I would recommend this Motel 6. They left the light on for us.

Room Tip: Choose a place where you can easily get to your car when you check out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff. Arrived without reservation after 9pm and received a room with king bed that smelled of smoke with cigarette burns for $53. I asked for a non smoking room .I don't think it was supposed to be a smoking room. Every corner has dirt caked in it. The sink is the only thing that looks renovated. They said every room was renovated when i called to get a rate. No fridge or microwave. Tv is small and old with a fuzzy screen. They do have a security guard walking around who is supper nice. She made feel better about staying. Tub looks dirty with stains. It was quiet. Going on down the toad I wont stay at a m6 again. Ill spend another $20 and stay at a comport inn.

• Stayed July 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I needed a place to rest my head after being tired and having 4 more hours before reaching my final destination. This Motel 6 is in a decent area surrounded by other hotels and fast food restaurants. My room was simple, but clean and met the expectations that I have of other Motel 6's I have stayed in. I especially appreciated the free wi-fi service which is rarity in the other locations in this chain that I have stayed In recently. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Pluses: free wi-fi; fridge and microwave in room; comfy bed.
Minuses: bathroom old; no coffee pot; no seating other than 1 chair at desk.

If you want an inexpensive place to stay, this motel meets your needs. Maybe it was our particular room, but the bathroom area needs work. Something was splattered all over the wall. Looked like it needed a good scrubbing or repainting. The only renovation I saw was a brightly painted wall and a new sink/counter.

Overall, acceptable for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wilton, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The only area I really know about Little Rock is the area by Baptist Hospital. I live 2 1/2 hrs away but I had to catch an early AM flight. I was already going to be spending lots of money in Washington DC so I didn't want to spend a lot at a hotel in Little Rock. My husband stayed here a few times while working at Baptist. Granted when I got to the area, I could see other nicer places, but I took my chance at this Motel 6. I cannot complain. It wasn't the greatest but it had a comfortable bed and the shower pressure was great on the 2nd floor. I was only there 7 hrs so it was fine. No fridge or microwave but I didn't need them anyway. I did have to beg for an extra pillow, and they weren't the greatest, but it was fine. I reserved a queen-size bed room, and they "upgraded" me to a king-size, same price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,681 reviews 1,681 reviews
1,656 helpful votes 1,656 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nice large room on first floor on quieter side away from Interstate, comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, free wifi, new color scheme and paint, better lighting, new flooring. Still with old TV and limited channels. Outside of doors need work as does older tub. Good internet rate of $42 for rwo persons. Can walk a few steps to Subway for breakfast/lunch. Overall a good 2 night stay.

Room Tip: Quieter on east side away from Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

First, let me say that the big draw was the free wi-fi since I've grown tired of the M6's that are still charging for it. The rooms have recently been remodeled with the vinyl flooring and different paint scheme, but the room I was in still had the ancient television and did NOT have the "expanded cable" that I was promised on their website. Regardless, at least the picture was clear instead of scratchy like most of the older Motel 6'es that only have 6 channels.

This is a decent place to stay for a few nights but you have to take the good with the bad. Housekeeping is very nice, but none of them spoke a word of English and I had to call the front desk to ask them to translate to the maid that I wanted her to come back later after I could wake up and get a shower. Parking can be a nightmare depending on where your room is. The first night I was here, I had to park pretty far from my room because the lot was full. The motel's clientele can include some seedy characters, but it was very subdued and there were no incidents of vandalism the whole weekend.

Overall, I'd stay again and would recommend this as a cheap, safe place to stay in Little Rock.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Little Rock - West? Share your experiences!