“Unable to recommend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Medical Center

You added Clarion Hotel Medical Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Medical Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   925 South University Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72204 (Formerly Hilton Little Rock Medical Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Little Rock
arkansas
“Unable to recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for my wife who was having to stay in Little Rock because of the bad weather. She was not impressed with the room which she said was not very clean. Bed was very uncomfortable. Both her and myself had cause to talk to the reception staff. We both agreed they are rude and unhelpful. Would never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
ClarionLR925, Manager at Clarion Hotel Medical Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear onlymeiinArkansas,
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than exceptional. I do hope that you would give us a second chance. We will address your concerns with the front desk and make sure that these types of situations are handled differently in the future.
Maria
Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

My Grandfather was in the hospital at the VA so my Grandma and I did not know how long we would be staying. We would check out each morning and then reserve a room via Trip Advisor when the Doctors told us he would be staying another night. Because we were booking last minute we ended up in a handicap room each night which was more than roomy! Don't be decieved by the old worn down outside of the building. The inside is beautiful! The only negative to the hotel was that they're wall unit for air and heat is pretty noisy and I'm not sure how accurate the temperature is so you just have to kind of ball park it. The breakfast is just like any other hotel breakfast but it was still good and free which is a plus! I would certainly stay here again if I was in Little Rock again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Lake Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

I booked a large group of students to stay at this hotel. We had a contract and numerous email correspondence. We had to cancel one night due to weather and had in writing to cancel only one of the nights but to keep the rooms the remainder of booked nights. Upon arrival we did not have rooms which had been confirmed verbally and via email. The staff was rude and basically told us we were out of luck. It took two hours to get the kids placed in various rooms with roll away beds. Many of the rooms had not been cleaned (dirty bedding, beer bottles,food, etc.) I asked to speak to a manager. No response. Finally, a manager arrived after three hours and assured me that all would be taken care of and asked for a copy of our contract and emails. All documents were forwarded to the manager. He said he would contact me the next am...he DID NOT ever respond. Poor management, poor service, dirty rooms. They did take 15% off the bill...but it was not enough...the rudeness and the staff being unprofessional was the worst. Our kids had been up since 4 am and needed to go to bed to get to a competition early the next am. We will never book another Clarion while we travel or any hotel chain affiliated with them and we travel a lot.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

An upscale hotel at moderate prices. Check-in and check-out went very smooth, the staff was very pleasant, and the atmosphere of the hotel was quite nice. The breakfast was set up very nice and in a nice room, and the food was pretty good. I would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Jasper, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

If you have family at St Vincents Medical Center and need a hotel this is a decent place to stay. The price is very reasonable. The hotel itself is showing age. There is nothing really wrong with it but the decor is a bit dated, the room has an old analog television and there are the dinged walls, scraped corners, cracked tiles and stains that you get with a hotel as it ages. Wifi is free and reasonably fast. The breakfast is free, but not memorable. Eggs that haven't seen a shell in a long time, greasy sausage, oat meal, apples/bananas, a small selection of breads and the diluted juice from a standard vending machine.
When I arrived there was no soap in the bathroom. I asked the front desk for housekeeping and was told that housekeeping didn't have any soap but they did.
I was there on a very cold night and had a ground floor room. I did not manage to get the room warm on the first night.
I did not enter the fitness center but it did appear to be the one updated place in the hotel at a distance.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor and the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

Pluses: 1) comfortable, clean room, 2) caring staff who help, 3) location

Minuses: 1) the heat is still the blower from the wall and, even though controlled from the thermostat on the wall it is loud and when it first starts it isn't particularly warm. I got used to this after a day or two (I was there for 4 nights), 2) I picked this hotel for its shuttle and fitness room- the shuttle was not operational the 4 days I was there and when I called from the airport on a Sunday was told it only runs weekdays. In the fitness room neither of the two treadmills worked, one out of three elliptical machines worked and the one bike worked. It was not very clean but when I told them that they did clean it. One a four day business trip I need a work out room so this was disappointing.

3) The restaurant- the "bed of greens" in my salad was iceberg lettuce; it is only open for dinner not lunch and the menu is limited. The free breakfast was about what you would expect (including styrofoam) but they did have oatmeal every day and it was good.

Would I stay here again? If I needed to be in the area probably but would look at other options first. It depends on what your priorities are.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

We have stayed one or two nights on several occasions. We have always been comfortable. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

We always request two beds as we are partially handicapped. We invariably use a 'name your own price' reservation service. The only problem we've experienced is that upon check-in, we request two beds as that request isn't available in advance. Sometimes the check-clerk has wanted to charge us more than agreed 'because we've asked for a change.'

So far, we have always been able to obtain what we need by insisting.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Hotel Medical Center? Share your experiences!