“Very Accommodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Medical Center

You added Clarion Hotel Medical Center to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Medical Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   925 South University Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72204 (Formerly Hilton Little Rock Medical Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 59 Hotels in Little Rock
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Very Accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I did a review of this hotel a few years ago in which I indicated that the pleasantries of the staff turned this three or four star hotel into a five star hotel. I haven't had the opportunity to need a hotel in Little Rock until recently and I was lucky enough to find availability at the Clarion Hotel Medical Center. The staff at this hotel was even nicer than in the past, something that I didn't think was possible. This is a well run hotel. Management at this facility understands that pleasing customers is an essential requirement for customer loyalty. And while I am not loyal to many hotels, I am loyal to this particular hotel. During this trip, I was given a free room upgrade and a free breakfast, and the room rate was so low that they were almost giving the room away. I've read some reviews saying that this hotel was dated. I agree that it is an older hotel, but it is well maintained and I completely disagree with saying that it is "dated." It's true that one of the other nearby hotels that's priced at 300% at the room rate of this hotel might have fixtures that are a bit newer than this hotel but you won't find a staff at any of these other hotels that is nicer than the Clarion staff. The Clarion Hotel Medical Center in Little Rock offers nice and clean rooms, a GREAT staff, and unbeatable prices. It is always my choice when I am staying in Little Rock. My thanks to the management of this hotel for the fine job of your entire staff, the cleanliness of your rooms, and the ability to offer comfortable rooms at bargain basement prices.

Room Tip: My preference is to stay near one of the many entrances because the hotel is a large hotel and stayi...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Batesville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Location is a bit difficult getting in as you have to go around and make a u-turn. Older facility, I've stayed several times through the years. Handle and lock on door were not working well and you could see where it had been jimmied open several times. Like the patio although common area music played throughout the night and was audible in the room. Free wifi. Not sure if there was coffee in the lobby in the Morning as I used the same individual cup maker in room. Could use some cleaning and renovation but overall it was ok

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ClarionLR925, Manager at Clarion Hotel Medical Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear HB-KB,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you liked our interior courtyard and hope to see you again when your business brings you back to Little Rock- we will look into adjusting the volume in the patio!
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

When I pulled up to this hotel, it was a bit scary and I wondered if I should reconsider.
I decided to go inside. What a difference! The lobby was very nice. The front desk manager was super friendly and she took my needs into consideration. My room was perfectly fine. Updated features and nice decor. I was near the cemetery and so there was not a noise problem at all. The location is close to the mall and several restaurants. I am a Platinum Choice and nothing was said about a free breakfast, so I drove to Mc Donalds ( a mile) and picked up something on the way to the airport ( 15 minute drive) . If they had breakfast room service, I would have ordered to my room but they did not. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear motherjanegoose,
Thank you for writing a positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we do not currently offer free continental breakfast, we do have some breakfast promotions from time to time that can be up 50% .
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Georgetown, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We have stayed at this Clarion (previously the Hilton) for several yrs now. It is fairly close to several hospitals and UAMS where my husband goes for medical check-ups and treatment. The staff here is the only thing that has changed since Clarion took over. They were nice but not as accommodating as our previous stays. We needed another small nite table or something similar for my husband's dialysis machine. At first we were told that they would bring it to our room right away. An hr later when I called the front desk I was told by the same employee that she could not take any furniture from one room to another. I could understand that but the hotel was 2/3 empty that nite. So it took some improvising on our part using cardboard boxes and luggage to set up his dialysis. Although a good deal for the price I had been hoping that the hotel would have been renovated as the interior is starting to show wear and tear. But that is not the case. I had asked for an inside room overlooking the inside courtyard and pool. Our balcony had ashtrays over-run with cigarette butts and the courtyard/pool area was a mess. This was in Sept. Although this is not in the best part of town they have a fairly new shopping center and restaurants (Cheddars and Panera, just to name 2) right down the street. We have never had any problems staying in this area. As earlier stated,, this is a nice place to stay for the money. But with that said we will probably stay somewhere else the next time we are in Little Rock.

Room Tip: Close to many medical facilities and hospitals.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Labrown403,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. On behalf of our team I apologize for failing to meet your expectations in regards to the furniture in the room. We will take your comments into consideration to make some changes in the propperty.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and our room was very comfortable. I know that this is not in the best part of Little Rock, but we had no problems. I have had a little trouble finding really good hotels in Little Rock and this one is pretty good for Little Rock.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

The hotel had friendly staff, was beautifully decorated, clean and was affordable. I am not sure if you get this combination very often anymore. I will definitely be back!!!! Thank you for an amazing stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ClarionLR925, Manager at Clarion Hotel Medical Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2014
Dear Machaela,
Thank you for your kind words. Every one at Clarion Hotel Medical is proud of the work we do and your feedback sure helps us stay motivated! We hope you stay with us next time you are in town.

Guest Service Manager
Jonesboro, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

I stayed here two nights for a meeting and found the room to be quite satisfactory. The building is aging (it began life as a Hilton many years ago), but the room was clean and comfortable. I felt safe, but the nearby neighborhood is a bit sketchy. Every employee I encountered was very friendly and helpful. I had some weird feelings, though. The restaurant has shut down except for breakfast. There is a free continental breakfast for loyalty club members, but there is no breakfast buffet as advertised. You can order from a menu, though. My server said the buffet was discontinued because of low usage. I was also a bit disturbed by the govt elevator certificate that expired almost a year ago. My overall feeling is that this establishment may not be here a year from now.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Clarion Hotel Medical Center? Share your experiences!