“much more than I expected” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #50 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
tampa
“much more than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent a good deal of time reading all of the reviews and considered my options. Because most of the negative reviews were from 2010 and down I decided to call the hotel. I spoke with the front desk receptionist and he told me that the hotel is under new managment and then assured me that he would "see to it personaly" that my stay would be a great one... And thats exactly what he did! I arrived at the airport earlier than expected, with my phone out getting ready to dial the hotel. I looked up and there they were. Already waiting outside with a home made sign and a bottle of water. On the way to the hiotel they stopped at a mccdonalds because i was hungry AND PAID FOR IT. A great deal, Sleep number bed, room was beautiful. I enjoyed some steamy biscuits and gravy with donuts and a nice cup of fresh OJ the next morning. staff is absolutely amazing. Hotel has some years on it but they have done well with what they have. I am writing this GOOD review because of all of the negetive reviews that almost kept me from staying there. I will be staying at the Rodeway hotel again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I reserved this room 2 days in advanced. When I read the other reviews, I thought I would not judge, and try it for myself. Heed the warnings. When I arrived at 12:45 AM ( I told them I would arrived late) someone in front of me was booking a room at the same "internet special rate" that I had. When I tried to enter my room, the door did not work (not the keycard, the green light came on, the door just wouldn't open). The clerk was nice (the only positive). She sent me to another room, the door worked, but SURPRISE NO BEDS were in this room. She then graciously upgraded me to a suite with ONE BED, and since we had the family, it wouldn't work. I asked if I could just cancel, and she said sure but "YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND". I was angry since I had spent an hour on a wild room chase in the middle of the night, when all they had to say in the first place was "WE SOLD YOUR ROOM". I had to return the next morning and explain what had happened. I finally got a refund, but it was a nightmare. Please STAY AWAY

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Although the staff were very friendly and helpful this was a dreadful motel. We felt unsafe and would not recommend anyone to stay here, you will not have a restful night if you do. The location is awful it's noisy, dirty and surrounded by disused buildings. The room we stayed in smelt old and musty, the only good thing about this place is the free wifi. Someone would have to pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Lancaster, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

In general the hotel needs some updating. The owners and all the staff are very nice and try hard. The location was very convenient as a stop on our trip. We should have skipped the breakfast and eaten elsewhere - the eggs on the buffet were inedible and the biscuits were hard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steedman, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We showed up at 12:30 in the morning after driving 8hrs We had to stand outside to check in and then get to room and there cracks in the ceiling and the tub and AC didn't and it was 100 + degrees out. There were roaches that were happy to see us they didn't even run... We went to the Comfort Inn about 5 miles from there and stayed there.. POOR Hotel

Room Tip: Yea Don't stay here goto the Comfort Inn that 5 miles or less from there
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

ANTS in room
Curtains with something brown
Ceiling with dark brown substance
1 blanket missing and a large hole in the other blanket.
Pool dark green with a dirty film and green sludge.
Scary parking lot.
Maybe suitable for single male but not fit for families or children!

• Stayed September 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed and this property is now under new management. The remodeled room with sleep number beds. After so many reviews and It was long trip for me and I decided to get room there. I felt very good and they told me that this is now under new management and they give me room with sleep number bed and the price was very reasonable for that room too. I enjoyed having good sleep after long time. Also I used the pool and relaxed my self. I got very warm welcome. I should say that you need to try for sure. When I will go to little rock again I will like to stay in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Room with sleep number bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!