“Would consider again for a downtown Little Rock stay” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   617 South Broadway, Little Rock, AR 72201   |
Ranked #26 of 56 hotels in Little Rock
Austin, Texas
“Would consider again for a downtown Little Rock stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

Stayed late January for a Friday and Saturday night stay booked on Hotwire for $58 per night. Hotel was easy to find and in the center of Little Rock. Covered parking was free and convenient to use. Front desk person (Ladetrice?) was pleasant for our late check-in even as she was ending her shift- or maybe pleasant BECAUSE she was ending her shift :) Regardless of her motive the entire staff was professional and courteous during our stay.

Ended up on the 10th floor of 12 floor hotel along with the people that also checked-in at the time. Had a double queen bed room facing the main street of the hotel. The streets were generally quiet at night for the weekend but we were not immune from any sirens and loud vehicles even on the 10th floor. Took advantage of the free continental breakfast. Went there early both times when breakfast was well stocked. General combination of fruit, yogurt, two types of cereal, breads (not the freshest but ok when toasted), bagels, waffles, coffee and juice. Make your own waffles was nice to have but probably would've gotten tired of it after more than the two mornings we ate there.

Overall a pleasant stay for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2009

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

The rooms smell like mold. We booked 3 rooms for my bachelorette party and two of them did not even have shower curtains!!!! The location is not that great. The hotel does offer a shuttle which did give us a ride to the bars and picked us back up which was nice.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

We went on a school trip to a national conference being held in Little Rock. Ten of us girls stayed there, and from the minute we arrived, their front desk people were WONDERFUL. They were very informative telling us about the city, amenities available to us, and the shuttle service was EXCELLENT. They would drop whatever they were doing to bring us to a restaurant, or the Peabody (where the conference was held) or pick us up from downtown late at night! They were extremely nice and talkative and friendly and I was just overly impressed by how likeable they were! Our shuttle driver gave us a hug goodbye when he dropped us off at the airport- he was wonderful! When we arrived, our room key didn't go with our room, so they quickly fixed our problem, and let us into the room. The rooms were very spacious, and the bathroom was nice, and the beds and pillows were exquisite! I would go out of my way to stay there again if I visit Little Rock again! Wonderful job with the customer service- wonderful.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — Pool was very small
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Micib
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

I was extremely impressed with this La Quinta motel which offered fantastic value for money.

We stayed here just in the wake of Hurricane Gustav when many people from New Orleans were staying in the hotel. I know from past experience, that such times are difficult for hotels as they're hit by a sudden influx of people who aren't always used to staying in such places. I was very impressed by how the the hotel staff appeared to cope - everyone on reception was friendly and helpful. Even the manager made the effort to say something nice to us as we were checking in when he was entering the back-office.
Overall, we were really impressed with the quality of the rooms considering what we were paying for them and it was great that car parking was free.
It would have been nicer to have been a bit nearer to Little Rock's main bar district but there was a free shuttle service so that wasn't a big problem.
All in all, I'd really recommend this place for the money.
The one negative was the swimming pool which was very small and visible to everyone walking back and forth to the car park - that didn't make it inviting to swim in.
I'd also suggest that if you stay here in the next few weeks you ask for a room at the front of the hotel as some of the rooms at the back got rain damaged in the fall-out from Hurricane Gustav. The hotel had hired in huge industrial driers and appeared to be making big efforts to get the rooms back into use and my impression was that it's not the kind of place that would ignore problems so I'm pretty confident they'll get things fixed soon.

• Liked — Excellent value for money with good quality furnishings etc
  • Disliked — Small swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Just returned from 4 days stay here. Hotel was okay, room abit small as was bed, but comfortable. Coworkers had a micro and fridge, I had neither and wish I did. Breakfast buffet was ok; waffle maker was nice touch altho rest of selection abit blase... The usual danish, yogurt, coffee, toast, cold cereal...but hey, free is free! Staff very pleasant and helpful. Not the best neighborhood, but at least a few places to eat next door that I could run to while still light outside. McDonalds, TacoBell and Rallys within half block; I had no car so convenient for me.
On the other hand, Little Rock hosting some national soccer tournament. Hotel was SWARMING with teenagers and chaperones. I had to call front desk TWICE in three days to ask them to send security up so I could get abit of peace and try to sleep. Am not sure what exact tournament was but the kids AND chaperones were absolutely the RUDEST group of "people" (and I use that term lightly) I have ever met. First time I called the front desk, they sent security up to break up the group of 15 teenagers playing soccer/milling around in hallway outside my room. They disappeared for a few minutes but quickly converged again. I tried to give them benefit of the doubt but I had to call front desk again an hour later. (Don't get me wrong, I realize kids are kids but gimme a break, I got a 4am wakeup call for work, I am also a paying guest, I deserve some respect and privacy too! Their chaperones were useless!). I heard one chaperone feebly trying to get the mob to break up but he was having no luck. I then heard the hotel security telling the kids they needed to break it up and go to their rooms as they were being rude and disrespectful of the other paying guests. I could hear security continue to talk to the chaperone and I think he took the guy to whoever the person in charge was on that floor. Could hear him telling the guy if he didn't control his group better, they were going to charge him for something on his bill cuz kids were so disruptive. It was quiet the rest of night, thank goodness.
Next night, kids milling in hallway again, slamming doors, running around, adults included. I was on my cell in room and couldn't even hear the party I was speaking with! Someone started pounding on my door, so I opened it up and (I admit, somewhat crankily) asked "Just WHO are you looking for?" The soccer mom appeared surprised and gave me a half baked apology. I had had enough of 12 girls just standing in the hall outside my room, loitering, so I said to the mother "Do you mind? I'm on my cellphone and I CANNOT even hear them, even with MY door closed. If you could keep it down some, I would greatly appreciate it...." The mom never replied, just looked at me like I was a toad or something. To make matters worse, my room phone rang a few min later, but figuring it was the kids making crank calls, I ignored it. A few min later, another woman knocked on my door! I answered and asked WHO was she looking for, as I was tired of this game. She said she was from the front desk and handed me a key and asked if I wanted to move rooms, as the noise level was bothering me on my floor. I explained to her it was 1030p, that I was unpacked for the week, and added "Why should I be the one to move, as the soccer people were the ones being disrespectul and RUDE to the hotel's other paying guests". She quietly agreed and said she would hold my key at the front desk cuz I told her it was MUCH too late to be packing up and moving rooms at that hour. Needless to say, I did NOT move; I figured if the soccer people were rude again, I'd just call for security to handle the situation. That next night was my last night there and I was out at dinner, so by time I got in, the rugrats had all gone to their rooms....
Good things about the property? Staff was friendly and helpful. Fast food nearby. Breakfast buffet was ok, could have used a hot item or two.
Bad things? Not the best area . Fellow guests--I realize kids are kids, but that soccer group (the girls especially) and their chaperones are an embarassment to the sport and their league. I've traveled around the US for personal and business and have NEVER run into a more poorly behaved group of "kids" and "adults". Again, a total embarassment to their sport and league...you should teach "manners" as part of your sportsmanship guidelines....
Would I stay again? Maybe. However if I knew the soccer people were anywhere around, I would run, screaming, as far away as I could.... Sorry, it's an honest and true remark....definitely not the hotel's fault....

• Liked — Pleasant and helpful staff
  • Disliked — The rude soccer kids and chaperones!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

The hotel is located in downtown Little Rock and is convenient to the Clinton Library, Central High School, and the Arkansas Travelers baseball park. Staff is courteous; pool is cleaned daily and stocked with towels, and is in the shade in the afternoon. Parking garage right behind hotel is convenient and had ample spaces available.

Two of the four elevators were out of order for our whole stay, and from the looks of things on the 12th floor, where the workers seemed to be accessing them, this is a long-term project. However, we were not inconvenienced by there only being two elevators working. Also, the free breakfast seemed a bit sparse to me. They have the waffle-makers that all hotels have now and some yogurt and cereal, but they could have added a few other varieties of cereal and had some more fruit. It wasn't terrible, just not as lavish as I've seen.

All in all, it was a good stay and I would return without hesitation. This is a 2 1/2 star hotel and I booked it cheap on hotwire.com.

• Liked — Location, location, location!
  • Disliked — Breakfast needs a shot in the arm!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Willowbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

I was put up at this property after being bumped from a flight. The hotel is in an area that seems less than pleasant. The good news is that the hotel offers an airport shuttle, mostly because it's used as a crew hotel for a number of airlines.

Unfortunately, the hallway of my floor stunk from some unknown odor. When I went to my room, I was shocked to find a dirty washcloth in the tub. I called down to the front desk, and was assured that someone would come up to remove it post haste. No one ever did.

Further, I needed the usual amenities, which were not provided in the room. The hotel does not automatically provide them; you have to ask for them. I find that unacceptable for a hotel.

The room was overly perfumed, as if masking something.

I left the next morning, glad that I wasn't paying for the previous night.

• Liked — I didn't have to pay for it.
  • Disliked — The dirtiness of the room.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center? Share your experiences!